TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

The Ultimate Fighter

Who is Willa Ford? Is she that blond that shows up whenever there is a challange?

Pop singer, her one minor hit was "I Wanna Be Bad". And apparently acting (or reading cue cards) is not her strong suit. "You will be asked to leave <looooong pause> immediately." Impressive padded bra rack though.

Some of these fighters should be calling conflict of interest cause some of these guys are Team Quest. Couture isn't going to cut his own guys.

Yeah, like Leden, although his Fratboy personna probably didn't hurt his chances of staying.

Guest Jimmy Saint

I have a feeling last nights show may have killed off alot of the viewers who watched the first week. There was even less training footage of guys actually fighting, more token BS and then topped of with some sub RW\RR style challenges to decide who stays. How are we supposed to workout who is worthy of staying from watching them carrying a fucking log ? noone has any fucking clue other than the judges where the guys relate to each other in terms of abilty in MMA . Thats a daft way to go about making a reality show about who are the best fighters.

I'll tell you it better get fucking better next week Dana. Last nights show made The Next Great Champ look good. F-

Yeah, I expect a pretty big drop off, just by going off the response in this thread. It seems like they are going away from the silly challenges though and into 1-on-1 fighting. I don't really know the point of the challenges, because all it did was get rid of Couture's loose-ends.

Guest Jimmy Saint
Yeah, I expect a pretty big drop off, just by going off the response in this thread. It seems like they are going away from the silly challenges though and into 1-on-1 fighting. I don't really know the point of the challenges, because all it did was get rid of Couture's loose-ends.

I reallly hope they go with the 'actually fighting each to stay on' formula you mention. Might redeem the show again in many peoples eyes.

There is alot of potential I feel being missed here with this show at the moment.

Well, considering these guys have a hard enough time not injuring each other in training, it's probably not feasible for these guys to fight for elimination each time out. It sucks, but even with "immunity" for winning an elimination match, there's always a very good possiblity that the winner will be injured enough to not be able to train and/or fight the next time around.

If anyone wants, I could do some quick write-ups of the fighters I know something about.

I was honestly so hyped up for this show, but after two episodes I don't know if I'm going to continue to watch.

That Chris dude is BRUT-AAAL to watch. It's not funny, it's not interesting, it's just fucking annoying to watch him drink himself silly, and then annoy everyone around him. Lets not ignore that he broke the rules of the show.

It didn't help that it was heavily telegraphed who was staying, and going. I knew the second I heard some of the comments that he wasn't going. Not to mention that he freaking lied right to Randy's face.

The sad part is, this show is going to be dominated by this guy for his "personality" like alot of annoying people in reality TV history. It might start improving, but inless someone KO's the shit out of him, he's going to get more and more overbearing, and his screen time will increase as other people go bye bye.

This show isn't supposed to obey rules of Reality TV though, as guys shouldn't stay or go based on conduct. They stay or go depending on their abilities and commitment to fighting. Leben is clearly a better fighter, and came in better shape, I don't see how he could get kicked out over Sanford. The fact that he just bitched out on Leben instead of defending himself only sealed his fate.

Two for now:

Forrest Griffin

He has good ground skills (especially in the submission area), decent stand-up and has probably the best resume of the LHW's, with wins over Chael Sonnen (skilled yet boring Team Quest wrestler), Jeff Monson (skilled grappler & UFC vet) and Ebeneezer Fontes Braga (UFC & PRIDE vet). Add in the fact that he's one of the few "bona-fide" LHW's, and I see him as the favorite of division.

Diego Sanchez

Good overall grappler, though his submission attempts can be a bit overzealous & sloppy at times (yet he makes up for it aggressive G&P). He's also stood and traded a couple of times, but as his competition has been mostly of mediocre variety, he's mostly been able to have his way on the ground. He took a leap up in class taking on ATT member Jorge Santiago, and aside from a few sloppy exchanges that got him in trouble, dominated throughout. Though a former welterweight, he seems to have filled out well at 185lbs. Has it tough in a stacked MW divions on the show, and though very talented, doesn't have the experience against good competition that guys like Leben & Quarry have.

The irony is that Sanford has NEVER been in good shape, at least from what I've seen of him. I'm not really sure what they expected from some of these guys they picked for the show, as most people who've seen and/or know these guys could've told you about them (Leben's a loud-mouthed drunkard, Thacker isn't on the level of the others, etc.).

The reason they were picked was for drama. Simple as that. You can think this isn't a true reality TV show, but these first two episodes have been. You need fodder for those early episodes, so they got guys who were clearly not up to par and put them in there for the sake of easy eliminations. No one would want to see an excellent fighter go out early to that concept, but at the same time you don't want to see someone like Thacker getting mauled in the ring. Compromise, so to speak.

If the show is going to real fights, then I'll stick with it. Yesterday's episode was like just another verison of practically every Reality show on TV with a "House" format. ..Only with MMA guys.

Anyway, back to the dude: Leben is a good fighter, I can't take that away from him. His unprofessional behavior is downright insulting though. Every show needs an antgonist, and he's this show's verison...I just hope his ass gets KO'd reaaally soon.

...Oh yeah, I mark for Diego.

Two fighters christen the octagon with a classic battle of brute strength.

If this were WCW, that would mean only one thing - Sumo Monster Trucks!!!

They haven't gotten to the laxatives yet :(

I'm glad I never had to do that for wrestling in high school. Then again, I sucked as a wrestler, so I guess it didn't matter.