TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Gecko

Thinking about buying an iPod

I have a 30 gig video iPod. I've yet to use the video feature. Also, it's a hassle to use as a storage device. For example, it's easy to put songs onto the iPod, however it's a struggle and you have to use alternative programs to get the songs back onto your computer thanks to anti-piracy.

It's still better than a CD player though.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.

Overall, I'm glad I got the Video IPod.

I've only used the video feature once.

If you get an iPod mini, make sure you properly charge your battery or it'll go south. Also, DON'T RUN WIHT YOUR IPOD. Except Nanos. Run with those all you want to.

I wish I would have known that. I run with mine quite a bit and depending on where I clip it, it will stop right in the middle of a song and go back to the main menu. But, what can you do?

That's peculiar, I run with mine all the time and never have any problems like that. I occasionally have issues with one of the headphones, but I think it's more because of how sweaty my ears get after a handful of miles. But I've never had any issues with it geeking out and going to the main menu.

I use one of those lame-ass arm bands, though, so maybe it's the clipping it that's causing the issues.

If you get an iPod mini, make sure you properly charge your battery or it'll go south. Also, DON'T RUN WIHT YOUR IPOD. Except Nanos. Run with those all you want to.

I wish I would have known that. I run with mine quite a bit and depending on where I clip it, it will stop right in the middle of a song and go back to the main menu. But, what can you do?

That's peculiar, I run with mine all the time and never have any problems like that. I occasionally have issues with one of the headphones, but I think it's more because of how sweaty my ears get after a handful of miles. But I've never had any issues with it geeking out and going to the main menu.

I use one of those lame-ass arm bands, though, so maybe it's the clipping it that's causing the issues.

Well it's GONNA die at some point. :)

What model do you have? The hard drives in the 30 and 60 gig color models seem sturdier.

I have an iPod Video, I use the video feature a lot, usually between classes.

Also, getting the songs from the iPod to the computer isn't THAT difficult. Just open the iPod as a hard drive with explorer, allow it to view hidden folders, and open up the "Music" folder in iPod_Control. They'll have weird file names, but all the songs and videos will be there, so from there it's just a copy and paste job