TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent

THE SWF.COM V.2.0

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. I can no longer work on bringing you guys a new and improved SWF website. I apologize in advance, but it’s just too time consuming as well as wallet draining. I didn’t mind it at first, but slowly a new realization started to dawn upon me. That being that the kind of site I am making for you would normally cost other people thousands of dollars to make… and I’m doing it for free?

Yeah right, I can’t afford to waste my time on the lot of you beer guzzling lawyers, spiky-haired British, and general punk-asses that I have come to know. My time is money, and money is not being made here. This doesn’t even include the hosting cost of 89.37 every month, all the coffee, Dr. Peppers, Cokes, and Pepsis I am forced to consume to stay awake making a boring ‘fantasy wrasslin’ site’.

Unless of course you Joes want to come up with some revenue to support my crack smoking habit and pay me 10,539.31 for this site I’m holding it hostage!!!!!!!!!

Har-har. I'm just joking with you guys. Sorry, I had to do something since peeps like Z always said this would never see the light of day. Any way, here’s the deal. I need everyone except for Wildchild, Toxxic, the Muslim dude, and whoever the fuck Satan's Apprentice is to go to THE SWF WEBSITE and sign up for an account.

Then, and this part includes everyone, including those I just named above, to go to “My menu” then “Wrestler central” and go through the CAW process. I need to test this thing out for errors and all of you guys help would be greatly appreciated. Plus we can start getting ranked with a roster on the site. Tom, MVS you guys can do yours too and I'll move them to the retired section. Everyone like Edwin, raynor, KING, Grand Slam, adding their stats in to would be cool and I'll move them over to a retired roster.

You won’t be able to edit your wrestler right now, so make sure you put what you want in for right now as it’ll be another day possibly 2 before I get the editing functions up.

Any errors? Let me know. Post them here if you find any on this process, please.

Thanks,

-Johnny-

There's nothing for stable or tag teams in the first bit. Other than that, looking great Johnny!

Riiiiiiight. OK, one more thing - how do i change my password from that collection of numbers to something I can actually remember?

Since I breifly touched on it I'll go ahead and further explain my idea for how tag teams and Stables will work in this. If enough people express a different opinon I'll change it, but I've pretty much just gone off the thought of 'if this was my fed how would I want the site to be set up' when designing it.

For Tag Team's one person would basically 'propse the team'. Make the stats etc, then the partner they indicate would have to log in and approve his/her involvement with the team. From here it goes to CC to either approve or deny the tag team.

Stables are pretty similiar. One person sets up the stable and then CC aproves it. Then members would have to basically request to join the stable and once the person who initially started the stable would accept or deny them.

If this is too much just tell me. If you'd rather me just set up a generic "Fill in your tag team/stable stats' form I can. However, later down the line for my Ultimate card booking system I'll need real tag teams (Not random wrestler A and Wrestler B tags for one match) to actually have the name of the tag team and members involved to be signed up.

Well, I have been proven wrong. Hooray Johnny!

Let's just hope I'm not proven wrong a second time with the site, as I rather loudly made the point that if it ever became operational, it would all but save the fed.

EDIT: Topic pinned on my authority. This should be in everyone's face as much as possible.

-Z

Edited by realitycheck

UPDATE: 03-09-05

Since everyone seems to be having problems with the session timeout (How long you stay logged in for) I increased the sessions to last for 2 hours of inactivity before logging you out. I know I'm probably going to get grumbles for not having peremant logins such as "Always Remember Me" but I'm not using cookies with this site.

However, you should be able to stay logged in for quite some time.

Wrestler Editing is also live. You can get there by going to 'Wrestler Central' and go to 'Edit Wrestler'. As a note to people. For some reason databases do not like quotation marks so if you want to use them in your wrestler you have to use the single ones.

Johnny "The Barracuda" Dangerous must be written as Johnny 'The Barracuda' Dangerous or the database will not see anything past the first quotation (i.e. " ). This isn't my piss poor design skills, i just haven't found a way to get around it yet.

Oh, it'd be nice if more than 4 people actually added their stats so we can start getting reviewed with X-Net. We already have 1 person that saw us from X-Net register with the site so good things could be on the horizion.

I expect all active writers to have stats up on the website by March 19th so that everybody's stats will be more organized than the stats thread. Anybody who does not have their stats up on the site by March 19th will be made inactive until they get stats up. Thank you.

I just got my stats posted and may I say thank you Johnny for making the website. I really like the format with the roster too. It's definitely a good one and I've been around for God knows how many attempts at other websites. (Spike, you lazy bastard).

*UPDATE* Frickin' JANUS has his stats up for the retired folk!

You make me feel old and slow.

:P

Any particular reason the stats page wanted everything spaced

out

this?

I had to <br> my stats and moves so it didn't look spread out. It kept thinking everything was on one line.

Meh, it shouldn't. I copied and pasted mine directly from MS Word and they showed up fine for me. I've also copied stuff straight off the boards and posted it in no problem for news postings.

Sorry you had some difficulty with it Janus, I'll look into it and make sure it isn't a reacurring issue.

What I meant by my post, btw, was that Janus who has been retired for about 6 months managed to get his stats in there while half the active roster has yet to.

Leave it to Janus to finish early; hopefully, you'll meet someone who won't mind that so much... :P

He'd say that stamina comes with time... among other things that would come... in time. *cuts the joke off right there*

Probably your wrestler can't be designated as champion unless he or she 'exists' on the site. That being said I was about third to put my stats up and last time I looked I wasn't World Champ. Damn Johnny, holding me down...

:(

Johnny, seriously, I don't care.

Dude, Toxxic, I've had you listed as Champion for over a week. :P

As far as you, Mr. Maddix, now that you have you stats up I can actually set your wrestler in the database as having that belt. This site isn't a static website; most things are populated by the database.

EDIT: I don't actually know what the accurate title reign days are so I can guarentee they aren't right. Anyone have one up to date?

As far as you, Mr. Maddix, now that you have you stats up I can actually set your wrestler in the database as having that belt. This site isn't a static website; most things are populated by the database.

EDIT: I don't actually know what the accurate title reign days are so I can guarentee they aren't right. Anyone have one up to date?

Gimme a minute and I'll post them.

Hey Johnny, when do you plan to get around to adding the tag team database?