TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

The latest twist in the Schiavo case.......

There's a couple things worth taking a look at here;

Since this Terri Shivoh thing started up, how much have we heard about Iraq or the Privatization of Social Security?

Iraq, since it's doing better, won't be reported on any longer (just as Afghanistan hasn't been). And Social Security? Just checking, you DO read the newspaper, right?

-=Mike

Yes, Afganistan is doing MUUUUCH better, if you are looking into buying mass quantities of Opium and Heroin.

Guest MikeSC
My parents lost their right to make decisions for me when I turned 18.

My wife will only loose that power if I divorce her.

It really is that simple.

And I'm saying it's wrong. Your wife should not have the power to say "Well, he wanted to die" without some REAL concrete proof behind it.

So they should take her parent's word for it instead? Legally, the husband has more jurisdiction here than the parents.

Her parents said she wanted to live.

Going with the Cruzan precedent --- which this Court opted not to do --- there should've been some damned concrete evidence of her desires.

And nobody can begin to claim anything resembling concrete evidence of a desire to die.

Yes, Afganistan is doing MUUUUCH better, if you are looking into buying mass quantities of Opium and Heroin.

That was there anyway. At least women aren't treated worse than cattle.

-=Mike

Shit like this is why I don't bother to watch the news on TV. I'll read the print media so I can choose want I want to read about. It's extremely annoying how the media stumbles upon a case and continues on about it for what seems like a lifetime.

Guest MikeSC
Did her parents lawyers go with the Cruzan precedent? Just curious

Her parents' lawyers were arguing that no evidence existed that Terri wished to die --- which fits in with the Cruzan precedent.

Did the lawyers mention it? I can't claim to know.

But the Supreme Court SHOULD know, since it wasn't that old of a decision.

-=Mike

Guest Vitamin X
Ding dong, the veg is dead.

What, exactly, did she ever do to you to warrant this?

-=Mike

Its more being tired of hearing about this story. It was a private matter that shouldn't've been dragged out for the world to see, it had been debated for 15 years prior and so likely had reached a conclusion (be it for good or bad), and there wasn't anything else to see besides everyone use it for their own agenda.

They are more like: "thank God its finally over. Now maybe people can move onto real issues."

Or at least so I think that's what they mean.

Yes, that's exactly the point I was making.

Mike certainly is taking quite an emotional investment in her to take that comment so seriously.

Considering that apparently there're people that didn't even know her before '05 who are crying themselves dry over her death now, I'd consider sentiment in this thread mild

Guest MikeSC
Considering that apparently there're people that didn't even know her before '05 who are crying themselves dry over her death now, I'd consider sentiment in this thread mild

I could say the same about the people in the Hedberg thread here.

-=Mike

WHY?!?!

What have you heard about my buying plans?!?!?!

Well, that's one way to end the debate for good. If I ever meet Michael Schiavo in person, he's gonna receive one hell of a bitchslap from me. That pretty much sums up my feelings on the whole mess.

Guest MikeSC
Well, that's one way to end the debate for good. If I ever meet Michael Schiavo in person, he's gonna receive one hell of a bitchslap from me. That pretty much sums up my feelings on the whole mess.

I thought it was REAL classy that he locked her family out of the room while she died.

-=Mike

Yeah, that got to me too. I kinda ignored this issue for a long time becuase I mistakenly thought that the woman was comatose and completely unresponsive. Only today did I find out the truth. I'm amazed that the husband got away with obviously murdering this woman. My mom used to work in a head-injury rehab clinic, and she's been going apeshit over the whole mess.

I'm not kidding about that bitchslap. In the admittedly unlikely event that I, Bryan N., ever happen to come face-to-face with Michael Schiavo, I will slap him across the face with the palm of my hand, as hard as I can possibly do so. That's a promise between me and God, and y'all are the witnesses.

You're tough!

Of course Mike, you forget the fact that he let the family stand next to her minutes before her death, then moments after her death. He just chose not to have them there once her death was officially announced. It's not as if he shut them off altogether. I know you feel Schiavo doesn't care for Terri, yada yada.....but maybe he genuinely wanted to be next to his wife in her final fading seconds, and it would have been way too awkward for him to do so with the family sobbing distraughtly, staring daggers into him.

I know the entire idea is impossible to you, but nevertheless, it still remains a possibility.

Guest MikeSC
You're tough!

Of course Mike, you forget the fact that he let the family stand next to her minutes before her death, then moments after her death. He just chose not to have them there once her death was officially announced. It's not as if he shut them off altogether. I know you feel Schiavo doesn't care for Terri, yada yada.....but maybe he genuinely wanted to be next to his wife in her final fading seconds, and it would have been way too awkward for him to do so with the family sobbing distraughtly, staring daggers into him.

I know the entire idea is impossible to you, but nevertheless, it still remains a possibility.

Yes, he wanted to be next to the wife he has been cheating on and fathering a new family against --- but her family, no, they didn't need to be there.

I just hope he ends up in the hottest corner of Hell.

-=Mike

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

My roomate and I were watching CNN and they said "Terri died peacefully" We then laughed at the prospect that they lied and at the last possible second gasped out "OH FUCK IT HURTS!!" and died

Of course they'd say she "died peacefully". What else could they say? "Terri Schiavo exhaled and then did not inhale again at 9:55AM." When a person dies by starvation, there's usually not gonna be much activity in the last few hours as the body slowly grinds to a halt. Especially in brain damage cases like this one.

Jingus is so tough. And dopey on this:

Yeah, that got to me too. I kinda ignored this issue for a long time becuase I mistakenly thought that the woman was comatose and completely unresponsive. Only today did I find out the truth.

Don't believe the hype. There was nothing left there, no matter what some quack "Nobel prize nominated doctor" tells you. I'm not going to discuss it anymore but read the rest of this thread or any of the actual evidence on this case and you'll see that your tough talk about "finding out the truth" is really, really silly.

You're tough!

Yes, he wanted to be next to the wife he has been cheating on and fathering a new family against --- but her family, no, they didn't need to be there.

I just hope he ends up in the hottest corner of Hell.

-=Mike

Someone tried to say Michael Schiavo was a hero for what he did. Oh come on. He's a shady character and probably a slimy bastard, but he was the one who legally had the call. That's it. He's no hero. Nobody with a mustache like that is a hero.

Well, excuuuuuuse me for drinking. Cuz I have been. Tends to produce dem fightin' words. "People on life support" is one of my push-buttons. But I was told that she was opening her eyes, moving, and sometimes making sounds. That's not brain-dead in my book.

A persistent vegetative state is deceptive like that. Looks like she's responding, but she ain't. The brain is liquid, and it's mindless reflex action at best. Sad and tricky.

I guess I'll sign out by saying that I'm just against pulling the plug on anyone, unless that person has clearly indicated their wishes otherwise, and not just in a hearsay manner.