TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LessonInMachismo

A few questions

For one, why doesn't the search feature work? Two, is there a way I can go to all of my own posts? Someone asked me about my sig a few days ago and I replied. I CANNOT find the post or even the thread. I even forgot which forum it was.

If you're using AOL to view the forums and use search, that might be the problem. Anytime I tried to search when using AOL, it would never work. When I use Internet Explorer, though, it does work.

Guest Dazed
For one, why doesn't the search feature work? Two, is there a way I can go to all of my own posts? Someone asked me about my sig a few days ago and I replied. I CANNOT find the post or even the thread. I even forgot which forum it was.

What do you see when you click here?

For one, why doesn't the search feature work?  Two, is there a way I can go to all of my own posts?  Someone asked me about my sig a few days ago and I replied.  I CANNOT find the post or even the thread.  I even forgot which forum it was.

What do you see when you click here?

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show."

No, I don't use AOL. I am anti-AOL. I use Opera as my browser.

I use the search function all the time, and never (well, rarely) have any problems.

I used it just this morning to find the post that swan blamed people like me & Slayer for the low-participation on TSM. Worked like a charm.

I used it just this morning to find the post that swan blamed people like me & Slayer for the low-participation on TSM. Worked like a charm.

what thread was this in?

Lushus, I'd recommend skipping the actual list of 'rules' and just go to the pissing match between swan & me and Slayer.

Actually, I can make it easier for you:

poster a: (posts list of rules that has been posted & mocked repeatedly)

poster b, poster c: mocks poster a, and the set of rules

poster a: gets defensive (truthfully, though although not unjustifiably) and angry

(repeat above two steps a few times)

poster a: says he's just joking

Damn, even after dumbing it down, it's still pretty painful to read. Sorry I even linked to it.

Guest Dazed
The search thing (and the Mod CP) is equal to a "sit here for ten minutes every time you click something" sentence.

Most of the time, if you open a new window and view the thread / forum / whatever that you updated, it's usually updated pretty fast.