TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cawthon777

Hulk Hogan just called me

It would be wicked if they got wrestlers to actually call a few people. I know it wouldn't benefit them any, but I'm sure the lucky fans would appreciate it.

And is it just me, or are these statements contradictory?

HHH/Batista's a slam dunk; if they gave it a decent stipulation, it might at least be kinda fun to watch, but they chose to build it up by telling us the finish instead.

As far as match quality goes though, I think that Edge/Benoit might be a sleeper. Edge can work a really good match every now and then, and working a Last Man Standing match on PPV with Benoit should pull his best out. I'm guessing that will be a **** to ****1/2 match.

I think the Backlash card is one of the best of the past year or so, not even counting Hogan being on it. We have two matches that could be straight up awesome, a solid main event, the Hogan/HBK novelty act, a big man match that I'm actually interested in seeing, and a tag team termoil match to round things out.

Seriously.. Am I just reading those wrong?

You aren't reading mine wrong. A Hogan/HBK pairing is nothing more than a novelty act. The least the match will do is just be a cool moment for the year 2005, and the most that the match will do is lead to a Hogan/HBK one on one match.

Still, the tag match itself is just to get the Hogan fans, like me, who'll buy just about any PPV with Hogan on it, all the while seemingly making it look that much more important by teaming Hogan with HBK for the first time ever. It's a Hogan vs. evil foreigners match, like we've seen tons of times before, but the fans are into it. It's just something for the fans, nothing more really.

Just because something is a novelty act, does not mean that it's a bad thing. We've had plenty of novelt act matches over the years, many that people really enjoyed.

Angle coming out and serving a beatdown to Hogan and Michaels after the match would run tings.

Just as Matt Hardy coming out and taking out Edge after the Benoit match would.

Both those things should happen but probably won't.

It would be wicked if they got wrestlers to actually call a few people. I know it wouldn't benefit them any, but I'm sure the lucky fans would appreciate it.

And is it just me, or are these statements contradictory?

HHH/Batista's a slam dunk; if they gave it a decent stipulation, it might at least be kinda fun to watch, but they chose to build it up by telling us the finish instead.

As far as match quality goes though, I think that Edge/Benoit might be a sleeper. Edge can work a really good match every now and then, and working a Last Man Standing match on PPV with Benoit should pull his best out. I'm guessing that will be a **** to ****1/2 match.

I think the Backlash card is one of the best of the past year or so, not even counting Hogan being on it. We have two matches that could be straight up awesome, a solid main event, the Hogan/HBK novelty act, a big man match that I'm actually interested in seeing, and a tag team termoil match to round things out.

Seriously.. Am I just reading those wrong?

Sorry, I wasn't more clear there. With the HHH/Batista match, I meant that it was a slam dunk that Batista would win by kicking out of the Pedigree and that it was too predictable. I was saying that since we all know who's going to win, they should have given us a stipulation so we could look forward to seeing some cool bumps.

A "sleeper" means a good match that people aren't looking for all that much out of so that's not contradictory at all.

And as for the bottom statements, those were made by someone else completely, so I can't account for that, but I'm pretty they're saying that while it's a joke to promote the PPV around Hogan, the match should be a somewhat interesting diversion.

Hogan's voice would make a great voicemail message.

"Hey brother, I'm not here right now so what'cha gonna do?"

I was thinking:

"whatcha gonna do, when Hulkamania hangs up on you?"

but that wouldnt make a good message or anything..

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Dusty needs to start doing these for the TNA PPVs.

Nobody'll understand what he's trying to sell, but damned if it wouldn't be entertaining.

Agreed

"Hellooooo dishere is da americandreammm talkin boutifyowellllllll a paypaview on this sundahnight livveeeeeeeeeee fromorlando flohda, there beclubberinand jumpin and tryinto get to dah pay windah-if you weelllllll."

I haven't laughed at something that much in ages, that would get me to order TNA PPV's.

Guest MikeSC

Damn, I thought Edge's constant calling, asking if my girlfriend wants to try some Canadian beef was a clumsy attempt to pick her up.

It was actually an attempt to get me to buy a PPV? WOW!

-=Mike