TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

There was the upstaging of Czech's bullshit tourney, and racism, and attention whoring, and posting in the Sports forum which is serious business. I shouldn't be here in the first place. I said I was going to leave and I'm mentally weak.

Guest Smues

National news now, awesome.

(CNN) -- An Alaska lottery held to raise money for a group that helps sexual abuse victims had a surprise winner: a convicted sex offender.

Alec Ahsoak in an undated photograph.

Alec Ahsoak, who according to the state sex offender registry was convicted in 1993 and 2000 for sexual abuse of a minor, came forward Saturday with the winning ticket for the $500,000 Lucky Time Pull Tabs jackpot.

Proceeds of the lottery help Standing Together Against Rape in Anchorage, a nonprofit group that offers support to sexual assault victims among other services.

"It's not how we had envisioned the story going," Nancy Haag, the group's executive director, told CNN Radio.

Alaska has the highest per capita number of rape cases in the United States, according to FBI statistics.

"With a ranking that high, it's ironic that the person who wins is a convicted sex offender," Haag added.

Ahsoak's past was first revealed by KTUU-TV in Anchorage on Sunday. His attorney, Lance Wells, did not immediately return a call Monday from CNN.

Efforts to reach lottery organizer Abe Spicola, who owns Lucky Times Pull Tabs, were unsuccessful late Monday. But Spicola told the Anchorage Daily News that Ahsoak "was going to buy a house and said he was going to donate part of it to God, and, you know, charity."

Alaska has the highest per capita number of rape cases in the United States, according to FBI statistics.

"With a ranking that high, it's ironic that the person who wins is a convicted sex offender," Haag added

Isn't that the opposite of irony?

"We shouldn't have held that rape victim benefit lottery in a state full of rapists..."

Guest Smues

I think a sex offender winning a lotto where the funds raised will help victims of sex offenders is ironic, but yeah noting that we have the highest per capita rapists and saying that makes it ironic is more like Alanis' definition of irony.

And really this should surprise no one, as the majority of those convicted rapists live in the villages. Guess who was buying most of those lotto tickets? People in the villages. Villagers love gambling, the bingo hall is the most popular place in every village I've been too.

After making a Yakov Shmirnoff joke in Brody's Russian Bride thread about three seconds after posting it dawned on me that would have been an awesome gimmick.

Then again, Venk's C&P Bandit probably was funny in theory too. But the sweater alone would have made it work.

YakovSmirnoff.jpg

Alas.

Bob Barron

Its just wrong. Fucking internet is broken now. Bob Barron... seriously man, don't let the grammar nazis for you to change your ways. go back to old school username roots.

lowercase_underscore all the way!

Bob_fucking_Barron... fuck.

Guest Czech please!

No wonder Leena keeps stealing accounts. All you fucking shit-for-brains TSMers really do have "password" as your password.

No wonder Leena keeps stealing accounts. All you fucking shit-for-brains TSMers really do have "password" as your password.

Hey, I was told that sort of thing was unlookupable. Now you have all my information.

Me and a group of friends got mugged for our marijuana today. The threatening soul who mugged us seemed to target me in particular. He pointed a bottle at our heads. It was simply terrible.

Has anything like this ever happened to any of you? I'm still partly stoned but that's not the problem.

Guest Czech please!

You and your runnin' buddies are on a wayward path, my friend. That kid with the black eye, you getting mugged for pot. I guess this is growing up.

that's why every group needs a bruiser. You a wafer, and I bet all your friends are too. Befriend a huge dude, preferably black. No one will miss with you again.

One of my good friends is a beast. We used to call him bear mountain on the basketball court. I'm the wafer of the group.

So, this Birdman (who's banning was rightful) didn't really know what he was up against, did he?

"Hey, new friends at TSM, come to my new forum - it's like the WWE folder times a million!"

Hey, that reminds me - Is the revamping of the wrestling folder a subtle shot at the General Wrestling regulars? It just seems so lumped together. Navigation is easier, but there's a lot of GWR's, even if none of us want anything to do with the WWE folder. Something doesn't sit right with me.