TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Offseason Stuff

They went from 1 seed to lottery team last year because of chemistry issues and underachieving, not lack of talent.

Too bad that this year, it IS a lack of talent.

Wally hasn't jived with KG for awhile and is now in year 2 of wanting out.

True, but he's got a huge opportunity this year to earn a fat contract from someone who's willing to overpay. He will play over his head this year, especially being the #2 scoring option now with Spreewell out of the picture.

Olowakandi is a bust.

But in a contract year; the last contract year he had resulted in a career year. He can put together 10 and 10, though his knees are the only question mark now. Over the last week, he's said he's completely healthy.

Cassell is gone. Spree is gone (which is actually a good thing).

Cassell being gone is also a good thing.

Trenton Hassell is a good, but he's a role player.About the only bright spot I've seen is Rashad McCants.

Don't forget MARKO~

While you made some good points, they are all still question marks which was my main point.

Wally may or may not play well in a contract year and he clearly still doesn't like playing with KG, who happens to be the franchise.

Kandi man may or may not return to a 10 and 10 guy.

Cassell being gone may hurt more than you think. While Marko is a good replacement, Marko is also just as big of an injury risk.

Frankly, Wally doesn't have a choice this year. Either he can put in a career year, or he's going to be exposed with no new contract to show for it. He's their sole #2 scorer, so he should have no excuses or complaints. The same goes for Olowokandi - he's playing for his career here, because I don't see how he holds up after this season if he's not locked in to a long-term contract.

All I'm saying is that the Wolves are an average team that will overachieve this year. With the factors involved, I expect them to win at least 35 games.

My corrected standings;

West

1. San Antonio*

2. Denver*

3. Sacramento*

4. Houston

5. Dallas

6. Golden State

7. Phoenix

8. Seattle

East

1. Detroit*

2. Miami*

3. New Jersey*

4. Indiana

5. Chicago

6. Philadelphia

7. Cleveland

8. Orlando

'05-'06 Predictions:

West:

1- San Antonio

2- Denver

3- Sacramento

4- Houston

5- Dallas

6- Phoenix

7- Utah

8- Golden State

East:

1- Indiana

2- Miami

3- New Jersey

4- Detroit

5- Cleveland

6- Chicago

7- Philadelphia

8- Washington

GOLDEN STATE over Seattle getting in?

Yeah I'm not totally sold on Golden State either, but I figured that I had to throw some sleeper team in... there's always one.

Plus, I was never sold on Seattle last year, and I'm really unsure that they can duplicate this year with all those guys coming off contract years and McMillan in Portland. We'll see.

Baron has those same magic healing powers as Vince Carter, the ones that kick in once you get a trade to a new team. If he still has those powers, the Warriors have a shot at sneaking in, but I don't like them better than Seattle.

After seeing the Lakers this preseason, I can safely say that they will win at least 45 games.

They've looked good, yes, but we'll see. Phil can only do so much. Kobe's great, no doubt, but unless Odom and Kwame Brown step up their game from last year (which they look to be doing, but it is only preseason) they will run into trouble.

Also, the T'Wolves went 44-38 last year and that wasn't good enough to earn them a playoff berth, so 45 wins may not be worth much...

Still, although I'm not a fan (a Phil and Kobe fan, yes... Lakerfan, no) I'll be watching a lot of their games this year because, well, it's either them or the Clippers.

I hope the Bulls end up getting another center at some point this season, Chandler is going to need help. I think Nene from Denver would fit perfectly with them, and he won't be resigning with them next season from the looks of things. I say this now because of Milwaukees recent upgrade at center, that is going to make the central division even tougher then it already is.

My Predictions

WEST:

1. Spurs

2. Denver

3. L.A. Clippers

4. Rockets

5. Suns

6. Dallas

7. Kings

8. Seattle

EAST:

1. Indiana

2. Miami

3. New Jersey

4. Detroit

5. Cleveland

6. Washington

7. Philadelphia

8. Chicago

You are kidding right, the Clippers as the three seed. I would love to see that happen. Also does anyone else think they need to get rid of automatic top seeds for the division winners. What if Detroit wins 60 games and Indiana wins 61, why should New Jersey have a higher seed with like 15 less victories, while Detroit has to play someone like Cleveland who could have more wins than the Nets.

Actually, even though the seedings may not make sense, if a team that finishes as a lower seed has a better record than a higher seed that got there because of a division title, if they meet in the playoffs, the team with the better regular season record gets homecourt, not the higher seeded team. I see where you are coming from in terms of a lower seeded team getting a tougher team to play, but too bad. If you're the better team, it shouldn't matter to you who you face.

I hope the Bulls end up getting another center at some point this season, Chandler is going to need help. I think Nene from Denver would fit perfectly with them, and he won't be resigning with them next season from the looks of things. I say this now because of Milwaukees recent upgrade at center, that is going to make the central division even tougher then it already is.

Yeah, there was a good chance that the Bulls were going to acquire Nene dating back to last season. This season, though, I don't know what the Bulls would have to do to get him, with the lack of trade parts they have (Piatkowski, maybe? Harrington? Pargo?)

After seeing the Lakers this preseason, I can safely say that they will win at least 45 games.

They've looked good, yes, but we'll see. Phil can only do so much. Kobe's great, no doubt, but unless Odom and Kwame Brown step up their game from last year (which they look to be doing, but it is only preseason) they will run into trouble.

Also, the T'Wolves went 44-38 last year and that wasn't good enough to earn them a playoff berth, so 45 wins may not be worth much...

Still, although I'm not a fan (a Phil and Kobe fan, yes... Lakerfan, no) I'll be watching a lot of their games this year because, well, it's either them or the Clippers.

I just noticed that EVERY SINGLE LAKER GAME will be televised. All 82. That's insane. We never got that luxury with the Bulls in Illinois.

But hey, as I said... I might not bea fan, but I do like Phil and Kobe, and this will be a great opportunity to watch a young team develop.

We didn't? I'm pretty sure all 82 are carried now: half on CSN Chicago, about 30 on WGN, and the rest on WCIU. I know that there was a lawsuit pertaining to national Bulls coverage, but I thought the whole schedule was accounted for in metro Chicago. Of course, I think they should all be on WGN, but I don't know if I can handle that much Red Kerr.

I just noticed that EVERY SINGLE LAKER GAME will be televised. All 82. That's insane. We never got that luxury with the Bulls in Illinois.

But hey, as I said... I might not bea fan, but I do like Phil and Kobe, and this will be a great opportunity to watch a young team develop.

Here in LA, we've always recieved every game.

For some reason, a couple times a year, you can't get The Celtics game on TV. Usually, it's like a Sunday afternoon game against a crappy team like The Hawks or The Wizards( Well the Wizards aren't crappy anymore). I always found that odd.

Speaking of the Celtics, how many games do you guys think they're winning this year? I'm gonna say 35, 40 tops. Doc is good at bringing out the talent in young players but still I don't see the Celtics making it out of the first round of the playoffs IF they make it into the playoffs in the first place.

Yeah, there was a good chance that the Bulls were going to acquire Nene dating back to last season. This season, though, I don't know what the Bulls would have to do to get him, with the lack of trade parts they have (Piatkowski, maybe? Harrington? Pargo?)

That is what I thought too, Bulls have nothing but role players and young talent that they shouldn't give away right now. Maybe if they are able to work out some sort of three team deal or give up draft picks, it could happen maybe midseason. Any deal though should include that sack of shit Tim Thomas. God I hate him.

We didn't? I'm pretty sure all 82 are carried now: half on CSN Chicago, about 30 on WGN, and the rest on WCIU. I know that there was a lawsuit pertaining to national Bulls coverage, but I thought the whole schedule was accounted for in metro Chicago. Of course, I think they should all be on WGN, but I don't know if I can handle that much Red Kerr.

Well, before Comcast Sports Net came into existence, we didn't get all the games... at least not in Springfield. Maybe you guys did up north.