TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Guitar Hero.

Luke-O, most people don't know who Clutch is. That's why I laughed at the concept of a GH game based on them. I've heard of them, but that's about it. The only song I can remember that they did is the horrible, "10001110101".

I'd so play a Clutch GH game. Clutch owns your balls.

That said, rather then band-specific GH games, I think I'd like genre-specific ones. Like, why make a Metallica GH game when you could make a thrash metal GH game? You could still have a handful of old Metallica tracks in it, but toss some Slayer and Anthrax and whoever else in there too.

Luke-O, most people don't know who Clutch is. That's why I laughed at the concept of a GH game based on them. I've heard of them, but that's about it. The only song I can remember that they did is the horrible, "10001110101".

That comment I made about GH: Clutch was a joke. It's a game I would love to play but I know it'll never happen.

The fact of the matter is, people have heard of them. Including one song isn't going to hurt anyone.

I mean I'd love to see Electric Eel Shock, Guano Apes and Scum of The Earth to be on the game too. But at least people know who Clutch are.

Oh, and 10001110101 is an awesome song.

I would enjoy a Guitar Hero: Power Metal. Throw some Kamelot, Nightwish, Excallion, Blind Guardian, Leaves Eyes, Serenity, After Forever, etc. I'm sure me and 10 other people would enjoy it......

Dragonforce made it on GH3, so there's a smidge of hope for some of the others.

if AC/DC makes it in, I will personally eat a bowl of dog food

Quoted for preservation and proof.

Why the FUCK would anyone want to include a Toby Keith song on a video game?

I was wondering how/why the fuck he would be in it.

I dunno, for me it was just a matter of playing & playing the songs until I was able to beat them. I never used practice mode. But keep in mind I topped out on Hard in the grouping that has the QoTSA song, and never bothered to learn/perfect hammer-on's or pull-off's.

It took me a little while to get out of that 1st grouping on Hard ("Talk Dirty" gave me a ton of problems, too), but I pretty much breezed through the next 2 groupings.

This is accurate. Once I finally stumbled through the KISS encore in the first set I've breezed through quite a few of them. Now I'm slightly stuck on "Same Old Song and Dance" but it's been getting much easier.

Yeah there are a quite a few tracks I really would like to play, but also quite a few I look at and go "I HAVE to?" And "Walk This Way" is in it twice? Why not just leave the RUN D.M.C. version in and leave it at that?

It's a minor step above Rocks The 80s, but a very minor one.

Anyone pick up On Tour for the DS? I keep floating over to our demo kiosk of it at work and am considering picking it up.

I'm tremendously disappointed they didn't include "Janie's Got a Gun." My second-most preferred Aerosmith song just behind "Dream On."

I'm tremendously disappointed they didn't include "Janie's Got a Gun." My second-most preferred Aerosmith song just behind "Dream On."

I'll second that, I was looking forward to playing that song.

Very disappointed in this set list, pretty much killing my interest in the game altogether. I was willing to give it a shot, since I've been dying for new songs for months now. I was all ready to go out and the the game/guitar bundle since I still need a new guitar, but now...yuck. I thought there was going to be a decent selection of songs other than just Aerosmith ones. It looks like 90% Aerosmith, with 1 other song I would care about (STP). There are basically 3 songs that I could see myself replaying in this game. Most of the tracks I don't even recognize, but I'm not familiar with the band outside of their big hits.

I work at a Hollywood Video / Game Crazy, and get to play Guitar Hero 3 / Rock the 80's / Aerosmith on my breaks. Fun 30 minutes.

Those two items look totally kickass.

Anyway, I'm really really late to the party here (having bought the game just a few weeks ago for PS2) but after a couple of weeks of practice (never more than maybe an hour a day, possibly 4 times a week) I finally entered career mode on Easy (of course) and I won the game in about three sittings. The only song I wussed out on was Slayer's 'cause I practiced it and just gave up on it, maybe I'll tacke it later. Lots of 100% scores, and mostly 98-99% on the latter ones. The Dragonforce one is fucking insane even on Easy, as I'm still struggling with 30 notes missed. My aim is to have all of them 100% and then move to medium and try to master that blue fret.

EDIT: I have done everything 100% on Easy, including the Dragonforce song, but I'm still only 99% with "Raining Blood" with 3 notes missed. I won't move to Medium level until I nail that fucker 100%.