TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sdfaulk

Beer

Guest Agent of Oblivion

What's with you people recommending Pabst? I'm not a beer drinker, but that shit is putrid.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Blue Moon has become my beer of choice lately.

The best thing you can do with a can of Pabst is make a Boilermaker. Since it's such a watery beer, it doesn't overpower the whiskey, and instead almost accentuates it. Not bad at all.

Yuengling is my general purpose house beer.

Guest Fook
Anyways I prefer Rickards Red or Carlsberg for beer though I don't drink much.

I find Rickards Red is only good on tap. It tastes horrible from the bottle, but when draft it's superb.

Pabst is better than Bud and Miller. I'm not saying it's a good beer or anything, but shit it's less than $10 for a 12 pack and it's certainly drinkable. Old Style is decent too for the price. Basically if you are going cheap there is no reason to spend the money on Bud or Miller when you have Pabst or Old Style.

If you want a drinking beer, go for Guinness or Sam Adams or Bell's (where available). Just be prepared to pay the price for it.

Miller Lite when I have cash...when I'm ballin on a budget (which I tend to do with beer, since I got more important shit to buy other than beer): Miller High Life Lite, Busch Lite, Keystone Lite...people bitch when they come over, you know what i tell them...

Fook, I agree. I can down a few pitchers of Rickards but come in a bottle maybe three.

Crimson you have to be joking about Sam Adams. That stuff is rancid for American Beer.

As far as Malt Liquor goes, Mickeys is a brand I actually like, and then I have also had St Ides which was not to good but still did the trick. The worst beer I have had is Hamms, it was barely $4 for a 12-pack and 2 sips into the first can I understood why.

Precious Roy, you're an OE fan? You disgust me, but as a 40 fan, I agree you have to be careful on selection, and I think of 40's as appetizers, it gets you drunk quicker, but you shouldn't drink that many.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I have a taste for Thunderbird. That's a bum wine, and not beer though. It is cheap, however.

As a Canadian alcoholic college aged kid:

YES! Drink as much as you can. Remember the Bud here is differend than the bud brewed in St. Louis.

Plus, you'll sleep much better. It only takes a shot of Kool Aid the following morning and you're good to go.

I thought Busch was in St. Louis

Ive been drinking a bit of Raspberry Tart Ale from the New Glarus brewery in Wisconsin lately. Really tasty stuff.

This bistro nearby has a beer sampler--$4.50 for four 5-ounce beers off their draft list, which is always composed of insanely expensive imports and great microbrews. Last night I had a Victory Hop cask ale (best room temperature beer I've had outside of England), a smooth pilsner, and both a light and dark Belgian beer that each normally go for $7 a pint. Great deal.

What's with you people recommending Pabst? I'm not a beer drinker, but that shit is putrid.

Watery, inoffensive. Plus the bartender/co-owner at my favorite bar usually gives a couple of cans to me and my pal for free at the end of a night of drinking. (It helps to already be intoxicated; I'm not high on PBR while sober.)

Watery, inoffensive. Plus the bartender/co-owner at my favorite bar usually gives a couple of cans to me and my pal for free at the end of a night of drinking. (It helps to already be intoxicated; I'm not high on PBR while sober.)

PBR is no worse than Bud and Miller and much cheaper. I bought 30 for a tailgate last year for $12ish. Can't beat that. Period.