TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

The beauty of the real-time AKI openings is that, back when technology allowed us to edit a wrestler's attire, editing the main attire resulted in it being in the opening.

Why do office chairs and the like explode in GoldenEye?

I have just seen the Leeroy clip (yeah, I know it's old, but oh well...) for the first time today. That may be one of the funniest things I have seen in a long fucking time.

ALRIGHT CHUMS, LET'S DO THIS! LEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ERMJENNNNKINS!

Oh my God he just ran in....

I got a Gamecube on Thursday, forsaking my broken X-Box, which will be cashed in for Gamecube games. I got the one that came with Metroid Prime, but I didn't realize it was some platinum edition so I got a black controller to match the other boxes I'd seen (which had Pokemon Stadium or something in them). So I have a platinum and black controller duo now.

Anyways, I also got the Sonic Mega Collection, Madden 2005, and Mario Kart Double Dash. I love this system so far. Everything is just deep enough to be cool, but not cumbersome, and I'm loving the controller the more I use it, as well as the look of it. It really feels like a more innovative or visionary system than the X-Box or PS2, which are overbearingly in your face with technology, at the expense of looking far ahead and tailoring everything to the player instead of putting on a gee-whiz show.

It also feels good to be back in the Nintendo fold after the X-Box interlude, which never felt natural. I almost missed out on this generation and it'd be the first, but I'm glad I didn't.

Games I plan on getting next:

Animal Crossing

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Super Mario Sunshine

NCAA 2005/6 (the former if I can't wait)

DBZ Budokai

Yeah, I'm lame.

Not so much a comment, more like a question.

Why have so many developers abandoned the Gamecube? I've never really understood the reasoning behind it. I understand that it sells the least out of all the systems, but there are still people out there who have the damn system. Why cut off potential profits by cutting off a group of gamers?

In my case, the Cube is the only system I have. Not only am I not really in the financial situation that I can easily cough up cash for a new system, I'm also not as much of a gamer anymore, so the purchase would be sorta stupid in the long run. That being said, however, there are still games that I'd love to play on the Xbox or the PS2, that the Cube never got, and I would likely pay to play them on the system.

I'll probably end up with a PS2 or Xbox, or their next incarnations before its all said and done, but I'm not eleven years old anymore. This whole "Buying systems with my own money" crap is getting somewhat old on me, and having games I'd like to pay cut off from me, and almost no support for the system I DO buy that has sold units is fucking frustrating.

Don't take this as absolute, as I'm only speculating, but your case is probably the odd one to them. I think it's felt that *most* gamers who have a GC also have a PS2 or an XBox, at the very least. Once the GC dropped in price, it became more affordable to have two systems. They probably feel that people only bought GCs for the first party games, and nothing else. Then when more and more third party companies dropped out, this notion became self-fulfilling.

That's taking it at best, however. Other companies probably are just looking at sales numbers and specs, or the GC's odd disc format, or the misconception that GC is just 'for the kids,' and deciding not to produce games for it based on that. I don't like it anymore than you do, but face it, it still costs time, manpower and money to adapt games to each system, all of which can be spent on the next big project. They just don't have confidence that whatever amount they sell on the GC will be able to recoup the expenses and investment put into the system.

Games I plan on getting next:

Animal Crossing

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Super Mario Sunshine

NCAA 2005/6 (the former if I can't wait)

DBZ Budokai

Make sure that's Budokai 3, since it's the only good one of the bunch, while the first two are plain mediocre. And don't forget Super Smash Brothers Melee.

"The world is Square" or "Son of a submariner" and also "You sound like chapters out of a self-help book" compared to "Your answers do not satisfy me at all." it's offical, Woolsey's translation wins.

Guest Askewniverse

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is on Spike TV right now. It's worse than I remembered. Johnny Cage went out like a chump.

Has there ever been a decent video game movie? From what I've seen, the answer would be a definite "no."

Video game movies I've seen

Super Mario Bros.

Double Dragon

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider

Haven't seen

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life

Wing Commander

House of the Dead

Alone in the Dark

Wing Commander was okay for what it was.

RE: Apocalypse was awesome. I think that Milla Jovovich has found her rightful place, especially after these movies and The Fifth Element.

The original Mortal Kombat was alright. Annihilation was absolute garbage, though.

MK's biggest problem is how much it screwed with the games' story. However, compared to Street Fighter, it isn't as big a deal and is okay in it's own right.

Haven't seen

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life

Wing Commander

House of the Dead

Shit

Didn't see

Shit

Shit

House of the Dead, MK: A, Alone in the Dark and Street Fighter are hilarious, though.

RE: Apocalypse was awesome. I think that Milla Jovovich has found her rightful place, especially after these movies and The Fifth Element. 

Apocalypse completely sucked ass. WS just wrote a script based around letting his girlfriend play a superhero, made the actual game characters incompetent or unlikeable, reveled in stupid action movie cliches that would make Bruckheimer groan a little, and the big fight they build up to Nemesis and Super-Milla was awful, cut it a spastic bs way that was even worse than AVP's Pred/Alien wrestling match.

WS didn't even direct it, he passed it off to his 2nd-unit guy. However, it feels like WS directed it. He wrote the thing and probably had a lot of say in storyboarding.

The only upsides to RE:A were the wise-cracking pimp, the little bit of nudity, and them going for a traditional make-up/rubber suit approach for the Nemesis.

The movie can be best summed up when the Jill and company are about to be killed in the cathedral, then Milla comes to the rescue bursting through the window on a motorcycle with gratuitous bullet-time.

RE:A is so lame. I hate that shakey cam, you can barely see what's going on.

I'd rather watch Street Fighter than either MK movie now. It's pretty funny, especially Bison.

The new Street Fighter Anniversary Edition arcade is really cool.

I liked RE:A for having the "look at us we're really filming this in Canada and are making no effort to hide this from Canadians!" stuff that I, as a Canadian, always enjoy seeing. The particular scene in that film would be the gunfight in front of a Pizza Pizza restuarant that doesn't even exist in the US (though some people in the States become confused and think you're talking about Little Caesers).

We're all forgetting about Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, which is probably a good thing.

Anyway, Street Fighter has Ming Na Wen and Kylie Minogue, but MK has Talisa Soto and Bridgette Wilson, so I don't know. Street Fighter's comedy factor is a good point, though, so I'll choose that.

Guest Askewniverse

Street Fighter had some cheesy lines:

Bison: "For you, the day I graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Guile: "I'm gonna kick Bison's ass so hard that the next Bison-wannabe is gonna feel it. Now, who wants to go home...and who wants to go with ME!"

Zangief: "Bison is a bad guy? Then why are we working for him?"

Dee Jay: "Because he paid me a fortune, man! If you know what's good for you, you'll save your own ass!"

Zangief: "You got paid?"

(Zangief watches the monitor and sees that some bad shit is about to happen)

Zangief: "Quick! Change the channel!"

^ Um ok. Some people have too much time on their hands. Oh and pal, Sephiroth is cool and you aren't.

I have Street Fighter and Super Mario Brothers on DVD. SF has director's commentary on it, so it's easy to see his point of view. SMB has no extras and is hard to watch. Street Fighter is easier to watch,

I thought a LoZ movie would be good or the game Actraiser made into a movie.

Won the Super Bowl in ESPN NFL 2K5 in 2007. Chargers beat Da Bears who had Peyton Manning as QB and Terrell Owens as a reciever.

Hey on AOL games they have a clip of John Cena talking about his favorite video games and memories. Nothing of note is said, but he does mention that he secretly likes to play "lowrider" (a game where you bounce the cars for points like the mini-game in GTA: San Andreas) cuz he likes lowriders and infact owns 3 of them.

For what it was, Apocalypse was pretty good.

I simply cannot watch Street Fighter. I'm still angry at the 7.50 and the two hours of my life wasted, and that was back in what, 95, 96?

MK still is the best video game movie ever made and Annihilation was a steaming pile of dog crap.... I've gone on rants about it before, no need for that to be regurgitated.

Don't you hate it when a series follows up on a great game with a pretty average to bad one? Soul Reaver is a pretty good example of that. Man, that was a horrible ending to the first game now that I think about it again. I guess SR 2 needed to be delayed for a year like the first one to be any good.

^ Um ok. Some people have too much time on their hands. Oh and pal, Sephiroth is cool and you aren't.

Seph sucks.

Madonna probably would think he's cool.

And if you get that, then you're probably a geek too.

For what it was, Apocalypse was pretty good.

I've seen positive reviews but never played it. All I know is that it has Bruce Willis in it.

Holy shit is Metroid Prime good.

Too. Much. Scanning. Otherwise, I love it.

Seeing Final Fantasy X in a whole new light.

Amusing.

The picture made me expect a fart joke.

Pist: I found a MB post about Chakan/BO2--seemed like mostly just similar character designs. I don't see any smoking gun concerning the game engine or design.

Still, kind of cool. Huge twists in development like that are interesting.

I've missed out on the entire Legacy of Kain series except waaay back when I rented the original PS1 game. Any good? I see a bunch of them used dirt cheap but I don't know which ones are worth trying.

I remember playing Civ II for the Playstation and when you got up to about the 1500's or so after every turn, you would pretty much have to switch inputs and watch TV for 5-15 minutes while the puny processing power of the PS1 caught up.

Guest Vitamin X
Don't you hate it when a series follows up on a great game with a pretty average to bad one?

This is exactly how I felt with KOTOR2. I absolutely loved the first KOTOR, and never found myself so enthralled in a game in the past year or two as when I played that, so I was psyched to play the second, and it turned out to have a confusing, silly, and riddled with plot holes storyline, not to mention way too buggy. The game totally felt rushed. I played it through once on dark side, beat it, and sold it.

Seeing Final Fantasy X in a whole new light.

Amusing.

The picture made me expect a fart joke.

Same here, although I'm glad it wasn't. I hate gas-related humor.