TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Smackdown VS Raw 2006

The wrestler voiceovers are just the hugest waste of space.

^Seconded. I'd trade in voiceovers for all the original themes and new Titantron videos for the legends. I'm saying that even though I'm a bit cold on the legends roster.

Theoretically, the Legends roster should be a lot deeper this year because of the Legends program. Whether or not they'll do it remains to be seen.

The inability to make some moves optional pins instead of auto-pins sucks, but they're ignored the issue for every single game so far, so I don't expect them to change it.

Shame, because I'd like to use the "Stevie-T" without the pin. :/

On a related note, Day of Reckoning 2 is due out on 8/30. That should give us a rough indicator of what we might be able to see as far as Legends.

Or not, cuz the DoR roster blew, but I'm hopeful.

(EB Games) Reserve it now and get a limited edition Stacy Kiebler poster! (/EB Games)

Yeah, I have to say that I am rather indifferent on the Legends myself. The only ones I even had any desire to use were the Road Warriors, and that was pretty much it. Its a nice idea to be sure, but only if its done right, and it hasn't been anywhere near right. SvR was close until they included Brutus, and that just killed it for me.

I agree with the disdain towards voiceovers. They do nothing for me. 99.9% of the time I'm listening to a CD when I play wrestling games, so I don't want to bother with voiceover bullshit.

For the legends.. I re-iterate, all I want is DiBiase and Perfect. But alongside them I'd like to see Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, and even Bobby Heenan as a manager. Fuck, I'd love to re-create the Heenan Family as a stable.

*is giddy with excitement, but knows it will only lead to disappointment* =\

I'm sure if WWE really wanted to they could make their own Legends game. The long walkway (for the Ultimate Warrior run, naturally), the 16-screen "Titantron" at the entrance, a plethora of 80's and 90's superstars. Heck, throw in some WCW talent, if possible. I'd plunk down good money given the right roster.

Guest Coffey

You know what I've never seen in a wrestling game before? The animation for the British Bulldog's old running Powerslam. Where he hoists them up, walks to the corner, then runs and hits the Powerslam.

For that reason alone, I want to see Davey Boy in a Smackdown game.

You know what I've never seen in a wrestling game before? The animation for the British Bulldog's old running Powerslam. Where he hoists them up, walks to the corner, then runs and hits the Powerslam.

You know they'd just give him that crappy powerslam that Animal had in HCTP...

He did have it in WCW/nWo Revenge (and later in No Mercy), but the animation glitched a bit and often if you didn't postion him right he would start running in place by the ropes and then slam the opponent.

Wasn't Davey Boy gonna be in SvR but they removed him for some reason?

I remember seeing screenshots of him for some Smackdown game that came out within the past few years - though it's all a blur to me now. :P

For anyone who cares, IGN has an article up about Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 for the PSP, along with a few screens. Nothing overly interesting in the interview, but it'll basically be the same game as PS2, but each version will have exclusives. The PSP will still have the same roster and a similar season mode.

I'll likely be buying it when it comes out.

Link

I agree that that powerslam isn't very good, but it gets the job done.... to have the full animation of Davey Boy's powerslam would be cool... Hell, they should do JYDs powerslam too... why not throw Dr. Death's Sooner Rush in there?

Guest Coffey

Well, I mean, if they can add in the animations for moves like The People's Elbow, Austin's running elbow drop and Rob Van Dam's Cartwheel Moonsault...why not?

Guest Coffey

Man, being able to save spots for watching (and bragging/showing off) later would be incredible. I could imagine just spending hours trying to make the perfect spots so that I could show them off to friends later.

Stolen from some board somewhere: Info from a magazine called "GamesMaster".... not much but it's something

"For a start, there's a stamina bar metre similar to the one seen in Day of Reckoning. But this time if you're getting tired you can tap the 'sell' button to help your wrestler recover by wheezing and clutching their chest."

"Secondly, the Clean and Dirty bars have been combined with the Smackdown! meter to form the all-new 'Momentum' bar, which'll reward high-risk moves and low blows with the ability to pull off special moves."

"The Super Clean and Super Dirty moves are more balanced now, too - the 'dirty' option is still the traditional low blow, but the 'clean' option now involves stealing your opponent's finisher."

"The number of basic grapples has extended from 16 to 25 thanks to the addition of O as an extra grapple button, and a 'power' Irish whip (for throwing wrestlers over the rope) is available by holding down Square and Triangle."

Cage Match Information

"There's a new array of face-grating moves, like a knee in the neck. You can also pull off popular moves like the slingshot into the cage. When one wrestler tries to climb out, you can now tug at their shorts instead of just rattling the cage, or climb up and fight for supremacy on the top of the cage. Which happens a lot in real matches."

Momentum Meter Information

"You need to build Momentum with your wrestler's best moves - high-risk ones if you're clean, and cheating if you're dirty. Once you've done enough to build up your finisher bar, you've got a couple of options to consider: you can do it straight away, to reflect the momentum being on your side, or you can store it to use later, as in previous Smackdown!s.

A stored finisher can be used to 'steal' an opponent's taunt, which'll reverse their momentum if they're doing well. If you've got one Smackdown! 'stored', it's time to hit a 'Super Clean' or 'Super Dirty' move, so it's all about knowing the right time to go for the finish."

Season Mode Information

"One thing Yuke's definitely won't say anything about - apart from promising that it's going to be loads better than last year's - is the Story mode. What we do know is that wrestler voices will be back, and once again proper WWE scriptwriters will be inventing new storylines and events.

What we don't know is how much freedom you will have. In previous games you've been pretty much rigidly held to the script the entire way through. For what it's worth, we're hoping for a feuding system where you can deliberately interefere with people's matches until they get so annoyed that they give you a title shot - y'know, like in the real WWE."

Example of the stamina system:

A screenshot of Triple H performing a knee drop is accompanied by the caption: "A quick knee to the face is fine, but repeated shots will tire out the bloke ding the knee".

A screenshot of Undertaker chokeslamming Chris Benoit is accompanied by the caption: "Whereas a move like the Chokeslam takes one big burst of stamina but does huge damage, making it quite efficient - if you can land it."

Other Random Bits of Information

"Pedigrees can be reversed into a back drop or catapult"

"Sledgehammer animations have been improved to look more realistic".

"More reversal animations - including countering the RKO by throwing Orton onto his back".

"25-30% more polygons-per-wrestler"

"Improved facial animations show whether wrestlers are angry, scared or just plain tired"

Just to clarify then, nothing is mentioned about 20 foot ladders in SvR 2006, but they are mentioned in the DoR 2 information on the next page, and I can't imagine that they would be included in DoR 2 and not SvR 2006."

"One thing Yuke's definitely won't say anything about - apart from promising that it's going to be loads better than last year's - is the Story mode. What we do know is that wrestler voices will be back, and once again proper WWE scriptwriters will be inventing new storylines and events.

:lol:

That's why Raw and Smackdown have been bad. The writers have been working nonstop on this game.

They're including the words 'sell' and 'rest hold' in the game, lol. I wonder if all of this these non-kayfabe terms are pissing Ric Flair off. :P

A few new pics from IGN...

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20050802090923563.jpg

Looks like cage matches really have been redone. As long as there's no slow climb and the cage is actually factor, I'll be set.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20050802090924282.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20050802090925000.jpg

Wow, you're actually able to do specific dives off the top now. An awesome pic, and the Survivor Series 04 arena looks awesome with the cartoons on the screens.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20050802090925735.jpg

I'm also psyched that they've noted you can actually USE the cage this time, ie: smashing your opponent into it. Seriously, why the hell did it take them this long to implement that feature?

Crossing my fingers for superplexes off the top of the cage. :D