TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

The Ultimate Fighter 2

Damn, Can-Cop got beat with the shittiest triangle I've ever seen.

Good show. Hughes is becoming God-Like. Luke is hilarious. The Liddell guy doing "you can't see me" was fantastic, and Hughes smile after he said "you can't break me" was AWESOME. Fuck yeah. I'm digging this now.

Tagging Luke with the "Jedi" nickname is great.

Ok, Stephan Bonnar is now officially a deity.

----

We are on to episode 3, Heavyweight fight time. The drama picks up where the last fight left off. Again, Dana says that it was a dumb move to pick Melvin to fight and tells Josh that he could have gotten injured in the fight despite the win...Could it be a little foreshadowing?

Back at the house, the guys are complaining that the green team is a bunch of Diego and Sams (pigs) that don't pick up after themselves. The blue team is cleaning up for them and it only enables this kind of behavior. Teach them a lesson. On TUF 1, we would take the person's dirty dishes and put them in their bed. I'll never forget when Swick did this to Sam. Sam went to lie in bed and put his head in a half eaten plate of spaghetti. Atkins my ass Sam!

Luke is busy doing his power chi. Scared of being mutilated, eaten, and having their skin made into lampshades, Luke's teammates accept his weirdness.

Now comes some more bad news. Josh's arm is broken. Let's give some credit to Melvin for that kick! Injuries are plaguing this season. Let's hope this is the last one. Both teams pull for Josh and beg Dana to let him stay. After all, Nate Quarry got to stay on after his injury. Unfortunately, Josh just didn't have all of those memorable, tear-jerking, Lifetime Original Movie moments like Nate did. Josh is sent packing and doesn't even shed a tear. Have you not learned anything from Quarry?

Back at the house, Rob seems to be engaging in perpetual conversations about his injured shoulder not just to his teammates, but to everyone. "In case we fight, just remember my shoulder is really messed up." Everyone just seems sick of hearing about it.

It’s Heavyweight challenge time. It is now time to see who will become…"The Ultimate Dog-Paddler." Rashad can't hold on and is forced to let go at the 2 minute mark. Team Hughes wins once again. Rob "Hey everyone, my shoulder is injured" McCullogh decides to fight Brad Imes. He does promise not to kick Brad's bad knee, hoping Brad will promise not to attack his shoulder...but it doesn't work.

Jason Von Flue is the new welterweight that takes Josh's place. Jorge takes one look at the new guy sporting the same facial hair, and his eyes fill with hatred and disdain. Jorge tags him as "a party guy who likes to pick on people." Jorge vows to take him out, and that night he had comforting dreams of how he was going to permanently maim and cripple Jason.

At the gym, it's Jason's turn to get broken down by Matt Hughes. Jason has to go through the most punishing workout ever. He runs, lifts, drills, pukes, runs, lifts, pukes, lifts, collapses, bikes, pukes, and lifts some more. Matt looks upset and says "he has no heart."

Only to perpetuate Matt's disgust, Rob has a private meeting with him. He tells Matt, "I don't want anyone to know about my shoulder. If I lose there are no excuses about my shoulder." Don't you think it's a little late for that? He asks Matt to help him through it. Matt explains how he has fought with 3 broken arms before and tells him to suck it up. Rob sucks it up and decides to enter the octagon. He scared me for a second calling that meeting with Matt. I thought he might back out. Way to tough it out.

In the fight Rob lands a quick takedown, knocking Brad's cowboy hat completely off. Rob lands a little ground and pound but needs a fire extinguisher/baseball bat to do any real damage. Brad uses his defensive guard well. They end up in a few north/south positions...not 69 dammit! Don't call it 69. They're not gay, they're fighting! Rob goes for a guillotine, but Brad escapes. Rob gets top position, then...Hey, look out for the triangle....the triangle! the damn triangle!!

Rob is thinking, what the hell is a triangle...Oh yeah! It's that funny looking jiu-jitsu move where the guy uses his legs to...Oh, tap tap tap. End of fight, Brad is victorious. Back in the dressing room, Rob's labrum completely tore from his shoulder and rolled down into his biceps. Matt Hughes, disgusted to the point of becoming nauseous can't even look at Rob. Matt then goes on to say how Brad is lacking in heart, and is only comforted by knowing he won't have to see any more of Rob.

Personally, I got to give Rob some credit. That's a bad injury to have and he still went out there and fought till it tore completely. I still think that he was a little quick to tap though, and a little slow in defending the triangle.

Forrest manages to stay respectable...

---

The third episode includes a heavyweight challenge and fight. The house meanwhile, is a mess. Damn that green team, they’re such slobs. We get a nice close-up of some roaches, which is sure to bring the female viewer ship way up.

Luke Skywalker is catching some sun rays and making Diego proud. Luke is also a big Kung Fu fan and believes in fist conditioning. Sorry Luke but I'm not impressed unless you move the pillow and just punch the rock.

Our hero from the last episode has a broken arm and is sent to the farm. The funny thing is that Josh and Melvin are now in the same house again. With all these injuries, I think we should post the x-rays.

Josh, I guess Dana was right about picking Melvin to fight. No worries though, you’re my favorite so far, and you came off looking good--not to mention tough.

Rob suffers a torn labrum and explains his pain to Merciless Matt Hughes. Did I mention Rob hurt his shoulder? Ok, just making sure.

The right guard challenge is treading water…oh wait, that could be bad for Rob's shoulder. We all now know that Rashad’s weakness is swimming. I challenge him to a swimming pool fight. Good challenge because we all know how important swimming is to fighting.

Jason Von Flue comes in to replace Josh and is promptly accepted by everyone…well, except Jorge, his coach, and well, everyone else.

At first it didn't look like Matt could break Jason but in the end he did and I'm not really sure why. It seemed that Matt could have used his fresh man in the next fight because everyone else was so beat-up.

Back to the fight, Rob chose to fight Big Brad Imes. Wait Rob, tell me about your shoulder first. And also, if you could accept losing before you even fight that would be great, too. Is Rob's name actually Ronald McDonald? Wow, that's funny. Sorry, but now we know how you got started to fight.

The fight was a good one and very active for big men. I'm not sure how Rob threw a guy as big as Brad down, but he did. A little too much north south position, but a good fight nonetheless. Rob, choke him with your bad shoulder, great idea. It looked like Rich worked on the right things with Brad because his ground looked good. Brad pulled out the 5K triangle. But what really happened was that Rob lost because he was afraid of what would happen to his shoulder if he won and the ref held his hand up.

All and all pretty good, minus the roaches.

Honestly.

SPIKE should have just cut it off at 11:08. Fuck, SPIKE not only gave the WWE 5 minutes of extra time, but then 8. Now the WWE takes, what, nearly 15 minutes of time? (I stopped watching cause up here TUF was on SPIKETV while Raw was on TSN).

I liked how they were getting more into the training aspects of the fight, with Rich rolling around with the big guy.

Guest Brian

C'mon Hughes, what do you expect? He trains with Chuck; which means he also parties with him.

Guest CurryMan

Whats up with the Cena thing from the new kid? It was the Cena thing right "you can´t see me" and then the stupid hand gesture? I don´t follow wwe that much anymore so I cant really remember.

EDIT: and I can´t stand Matt Hughes I really can´t I´m looking forward to GSP kicking his ass later on, and more Rich Franklin I say!

Hughes being a dick is the highlight, thus far, of the season. Like, in his pre-fight interviews, it just seemed like confidence. Stuff like "After he's been in there for a round with me, he will go back to his corner and realize he's made a mistake" and "who wants to lose to a Canadian" and "If the division needs someone who talks alot and never wins and that no one likes, then Frank Trigg fits that role perfectly" (God, Hughes cuts the best promos!) But now, the guy just doesn't give a fuck about you. He is the king-dick.

Franklin just can't compete on that level.

Franklin just can't compete on that level.

This could happen.

B00003CXE4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This is true, but I think Trash Talking Iowa Farmboy still beats Ace out for asshole coach of the year.

Too bad about Josh getting sent to sequesterville. I had thought he might get to coach, but then I remembered he's not a Militech fighter. I'm sure that when his ACL finally gives out, Ace's boy Jorge (protege that is. Get your minds out of the gutter) gets to be a coach.

Guest Big_Jay101

I wouldn't exactly call Jorge his protege, when Jorge is Franklins BJJ coach....

Guest Big_Jay101

Yeah one would assum he would be his protege, but Jorge coaches Franklin normally, Jorge is ranked 8th in the world in the 155 lbs. class, btu UFC doesn't have one so he is going for 170.

Guest Big_Jay101

Florian is a lightweight fighter but he fights at 170 in the UFC, that division is "suspended", seems like it is prolly dead.

Hey yeah, you were gone for awhile.

Funny note about Bonnar calling it north-south; at BJJ practice today, the instructor kept referring to it as 69 as well. At first I was like huh? but whatever. It's weird too because he's an old school Brazilian kind of guy, so to hear him call it that was kind of surreal.

Guest Brian

I know people give SLEAZY DEE~! shit, but that was about the best and most sensible thing he's said on either show.

Guest Brian

So, the plan seems to be that they can build up Hughes as an asshole. Bring in St. Pierre! They need to start promoting this fight.

I thought Trigg was supposed to be the heel in the WW division.

Nice work by Jorge to hedge his bets with Joe and Marcus. Speaking of Marcus, was his attitude typical of strikers with no ground game?

Well, I suppose Jason will join Team Ace next week...