TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

Metal Gear Solid 4 to feature much older Snake...

Ok so I just beat the game. Pretty damn good game, but I will stick to my earlier criticism that the boss battles were pretty easy, I mean they might have been some of the easier boss battles in the entire series if you ask me. They were more of a "figure out a good strategy" type of battle then an all-out fight type of battle.

Other then that, cool game....the graphics standard on next-gen consoles has been set.

So I caved and bought the damn thing early.

I haven't played with a dual shock controller in a while, and Jesus tapdancing Christ I am getting raped in the ass by these guards - I'm talking the ones in the first section of the game. I really gotta put some hours in and get the knack of those controls again...

You guys find the auto-aim a life-saver or hinderence?

Back after the cliffhanger ending of Sons of Liberty, I wondered why Kojima went back to the past for Snake Eater. I thought it was pretty stupid at the time. But after playing part 4, there's a lot of info in part 3 that you need to know to understand part 4.

Man this game is awesome, I was in a fit of laughter at the ipod being in the game, and then the corn circle 'fire in the sky' reference. Such a sweet game and the only reason I got a PS3 - that and my xbox was broken so I needed something to watch my DVDs Divx movies on.

Does anyone know what the special rounds (eg. rage tranqs etc.) actually do? I've shot down a few guards but have not noticed any immediate results..do you have to trigger them in some way? Or am I just impatient..?

Not much discussion on this? Or is there another thread I'm missing? Post your MGO id's to the PSN thread if you're playing this online!!

Just beat this.

Really really fun. Game has come so far from MGS, its breathtaking.

And man, talk about breathtaking FMV...

Seriously. I finished it for the second time last night (this time on hard mode with no kills) and I didn't skip one cutscene.. it's just amazing! This is one of those games that I could just play over and over and never get bored of. :)

I just beat this the other night and man, what an awesome game. I'd only played MGS1 other than this, so I had NO idea what the fuck was going on, but enjoyed it nonetheless. I did go to wikipedia and read up on the plots of the other 2 games though.

So did anyone else try and switch their controller over to number 2 during the Screaming Mantis fight only to have Otacon call you and tell you you're an idiot for trying the same 'tactic' again? I almost died laughing during that.

LOL - I love the little touches like that. Or when you're back at Shadow Moses and Otacon tells you to insert Disc 2... "Oh wait, we're on Playstation 3 and Bluray!" "Otacon! Get a grip!!!" :D

Metal Gear Solid Online could have, should have, been a great game. It starts to play pretty well, then takes a sharp turn down the wrong street into Shitsville. Its like a clunky Counter Striker, where your character, who's suppose to be a super awesome Mercenary or whatever, handles like a 18 Wheeler.

So ultimately it falls into the camp and snipe genre of online gaming and gets pretty fustrating. When you do get close to anyone, don't even think about using CQC as it won't work. Instead, your guy will stand on the spot, rather then lunge for his target, and do some fancy thai boxing exercise routine before being shot in the face.

However, you can do combat rolls into people and knock them down. Infact, that's probably the most lethal move in the game.

I can honestly say that I completely disagree with that entire post. :P I loved MGS4's online mode. Kinda bored with it now. But, still loved it. :P