TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

So Fire Pro R is back

Yeah, I will definitely hope the replacement disc works better.

I have the slim PS2. Everyone I asked said it tends to be more reliable than the old "fat" version. Ironically, I bought a used one first, and that was all buggy, so I traded it back in and put it towards a brand new silver slim PS2, which has been great so far.

My slim has held up very well, and I got it just after it was introduced.

Although, I'm still wary of playing it for any long periods because of the lack of a build in fan, and it's annoying how it gets rather noisy when playing most PS1 games over a half hour. Anyone else notice that?

However, Sony seems to have gotten their act together with their HW reliability. Aside from PSP dead pixels the system seems to be doing fine, and PS3 doesn't appear to be having any major reliability issues--well, save for spotty sixaxis connections.

There's a dude over at the Firepro Club forums who says he works for Agetec (www.agetec.com) and is saying that they've just got the rights to publish this game for North America and Europe. He gave an Agetec email address as well and I tried it out and he responded back. Looks like it's legit! So all of you who want to play this but don't have the means.. looks like your wait will soon be over. :)

(The reason he's there, apparently, is because he's asking the diehard fans for their input on the project as far as translation and editing the game goes.)

There's a dude over at the Firepro Club forums who says he works for Agetec (www.agetec.com) and is saying that they've just got the rights to publish this game for North America and Europe. He gave an Agetec email address as well and I tried it out and he responded back. Looks like it's legit! So all of you who want to play this but don't have the means.. looks like your wait will soon be over. :)

(The reason he's there, apparently, is because he's asking the diehard fans for their input on the project as far as translation and editing the game goes.)

If true, this is my favorite video game news in a long, long time. I have the GBA versions of the game, and I have FPD for the Dreamcast, but I've never bothered to mod my PS2 or anything like that. Here is the link to the thread at the FPC board.

I emailed the guy, and he said that it will be for the PS2.

I also did an online search for the email address, and it does indeed look totally legit. :headbang:

How hard is it to install the flip-top thing on a PS2? I don't know crap about that sort of thing. Is it just take one off, put the other one on, boom boom you're done? Or is it more complex?

It's not that hard. The most "in-depth" thing you have to do is make sure the on/off buttons get fitted into the new case, which is a fairly simple thing to do if you just look at it.

Please tell me they're going to port it to the XBox. Not the 360, the original. There's not one wrestling game worth buying on that console. I'd spend $50 bucks just to have a decent one

If true, this is my favorite video game news in a long, long time. I have the GBA versions of the game, and I have FPD for the Dreamcast, but I've never bothered to mod my PS2 or anything like that. Here is the link to the thread at the FPC board.

I also did an online search for the email address, and it does indeed look totally legit. :headbang:

I saw you registered an account there - welcome aboard. Even though I own a Japanese PS2 and the original FPR, I'm still very psyched for this release and the potential it could open up for even more Firepro games in the future! :)

This has been confirmed by Kotaku as legit.

Oh this is good news! Now I can get my hands on the CHIKARA edit for it, and play as HYDRA :D

There's a Chikara edit?

Where do I find this?

My quest for this edit, has taken my to Mike Quakenbush's myspace, I'll keep you updated. I originally contacted Hydra (since he had a picture of it on his Myspace), then sent me to UltraMantis Black, or then sent me to Mr. Mike (Quakenbush) - who UMB reckons has an invested interest in Fire Pro haha

Hmmm...if Fire Pro is your thing, the man you should speak to is one Mr. Mike (Quakenbush). I believe he owns some sort of financial stock in the company.

Yours,

UMB

Popping in the thread to say HELL YEAH AMERICAN VERSION COMING NO MODDING / TRANSLATION NEEDED.

Can anyone who has the import tell me: is it flat, fixed-view, simple 2D sprites with no scaling, like 6 Men Scramble, or is it like Fire Pro D, much larger, somewhat more detailed sprites with some zooming (if my memory serves me correctly)? I'm pretty much just accustomed to 6MS and the GBA games.

Popping in the thread to say HELL YEAH AMERICAN VERSION COMING NO MODDING / TRANSLATION NEEDED.

Can anyone who has the import tell me: is it flat, fixed-view, simple 2D sprites with no scaling, like 6 Men Scramble, or is it like Fire Pro D, much larger, somewhat more detailed sprites with some zooming (if my memory serves me correctly)? I'm pretty much just accustomed to 6MS and the GBA games.

That one..

For those after the CHIKARA Edit, Mike Quakenbush as confirmed that he made one with Reckless Youth 4 years ago, but its since been lost. He said that its possible its still around, but he's not sure what server he posted it to. I've trawled lightly through some Fire Pro D and Wrestling boards to see if I can find a quick link of it, but no luck.

I'm going to do a deeper search WITH EMAILING to find out more. Perhaps, someone, somewhere, has it and doesn't know.

Chris,

If you are talking about Fire Pro D, then you are correct. There was a downloadable Edit pack that Reckless Youth and I personally created for that game, and it was one of those deals that you could get by hooking your Dreamcast to the phone line like a modem and swiping it. But I don't even remember what site hosted that for us, and it was at least 4 years ago now, maybe a little more.

There might be more recent versions out there that were fan made, but Fire Pro D was the last editiong of the game that I owned, and I am woefully out of touch with the Fire Pro community these days...

If you find one though, please send me a link...

MIKE

For those after the CHIKARA Edit, Mike Quakenbush as confirmed that he made one with Reckless Youth 4 years ago, but its since been lost. He said that its possible its still around, but he's not sure what server he posted it to. I've trawled lightly through some Fire Pro D and Wrestling boards to see if I can find a quick link of it, but no luck.

I'm going to do a deeper search WITH EMAILING to find out more. Perhaps, someone, somewhere, has it and doesn't know.

Chris,

If you are talking about Fire Pro D, then you are correct. There was a downloadable Edit pack that Reckless Youth and I personally created for that game, and it was one of those deals that you could get by hooking your Dreamcast to the phone line like a modem and swiping it. But I don't even remember what site hosted that for us, and it was at least 4 years ago now, maybe a little more.

There might be more recent versions out there that were fan made, but Fire Pro D was the last editiong of the game that I owned, and I am woefully out of touch with the Fire Pro community these days...

If you find one though, please send me a link...

MIKE

Have you registered at fireproclub.com? Someone there probably has it in their archives..

I'm excited that Fire Pro is coming to America as I've never played it before, but is it really worth me buying a new PS2 just for that game? I know the PS2 has quite a few months of life left and there are a few games I've been dying to play but are PS2 only, but I really don't want to spend the money on a system that's going to die out on a game I won't enjoy.

I'm excited that Fire Pro is coming to America as I've never played it before, but is it really worth me buying a new PS2 just for that game?

Pick up Fire Pro Wrestling on GBA at a Gamestop or something (you know, something). It should be about 5 bucks used, and if you like it, then you'll have good idea of what to expect, save the superior audio/video of the PS2 game.

I know the PS2 has quite a few months of life left and there are a few games I've been dying to play but are PS2 only, but I really don't want to spend the money on a system that's going to die out on a game I won't enjoy.

Months? GTHO, games are going to come out for PS2 for likely 2 years, if not more. Not major 1st party releases or big-budget titles, but lots of releases from tons of companies. Granted, a lot of them will be be probably cross-platform releases with Wii, though.

If you're worried about the PS2's future, just get a PS3 before they nerf the backwards compatibility. The PS2 has the finest library of games of any system, so there's plenty of games you could get even if there won't be much quality coming for the PS2 in the future.

If you're worried about the PS2's future, just get a PS3 before they nerf the backwards compatibility. The PS2 has the finest library of games of any system, so there's plenty of games you could get even if there won't be much quality coming for the PS2 in the future.

Why would I get a PS3 when I barely want a PS2?

Why would I get a PS3 when I barely want a PS2?

In you only care about one game then, why get a PS2 at all? Just get a Dreamcast for $20 on ebay and get Fire Pro D, which is almost exactly the same as Fire Pro R.

Didn't Sony say they were supporting PS2 for another 2 or 3 years still?

They'll still be releasing sports games, as seems to be the case with every "obsolete" last-gen console, but whether or not any good, original games will be released is the question. Looking over the post-2007 PS2 release list, there are a bunch of titles slated, but very few if any look interesting.

From IGN (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/811/811300p1.html):

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns - For the First Time

Spike's famed wrestling franchise is finally headed to North America on the PlayStation 2.

by Chris Roper

August 7, 2007 - Stateside wrestling fans may be in for a treat later this year when Agetec finally debuts one of Japan's most coveted and exclusive franchises to the US, Fire Pro Wrestling. The series has been huge in Japan for years now, highly praised for its deep fighting mechanics and full-featured customizability options.

The Japanese version of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has been lauded by the franchise's hardcore fan base as the best in the series, and its US version promises to be a strong translation. The game will feature multiplayer support for up to eight players, and a wide number of match types will be available, including everything from Singles to Battle Royal and even the Electrified Barbed Wire Ropes Exploding Deathmatch. Best mode name ever? You be the judge.

The creation options sound endless. You can create and save hundreds of wrestlers, each with their own unique moves, look and AI. As well, you can create your own referee, ring, logo and even belts. And for more personalization, the Promoter mode allows you to create your own wrestling show and attempt to lure the biggest wrestlers to compete on your stage.

Fire Pro Wresting Returns will be released in North America exclusively for the PlayStation 2 this holiday season for what we're told will be a "nice price". The exact dollar amount eludes us for the moment, but we expect it to come in at $19.99 or less.