TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

The Best and Worst

Your Beatles selections are pretty bad, Matt. I'm no Sgt. Pepper fan either, but c'mon. I'd do it like this:

Best:

c529812jfk7.jpg

(and I'd have maybe two or three others before the white album, too)

Worst:

c5733852196.jpg

Not even approaching some of the foolishness that cluttered their catalog pre drugs.

Best

0000012194_170.jpg

Worst

553336.jpg

Best

cabcra.jpg

Worst

cabgro.jpg

Best

mode.jpg

Worst

96494.jpg

I agree with Toffee...oh good call on 311 as well, though I think the self-titled blue album may be a tad better than "Grassroots"...

I picked 'Roots because Nutsymptom, Lose and Taiyed contain some great jazzy guitar work. The only problem is that they produced it themselves back when they obviously didn't know what they were doing board-wise. You should download the remastered Homebrew from "Greatest Hits '93-'03"; it's clean as whistle and breathes a whole new life into it.

On replies to Nirvana, I was on the fence between Nevermind and In Utero for best album, but it occurred to me that the only reason I was had to do with Nevermind being the obvious, popular choice. But you know what? It's the obvious choice for their best because it's true. In Utero was great, yes, but Nevermind deserves it's masterpiece status. As for Bleach, I keep trying to like that album, I really do.

Foo Fighters:

Best: The Colour and the Shape

Worst: One by One

While I agree with your choice for best (and a gutsy one at that, as most people prefer s/t), I have to say that I think the worst is "There is Nothing Left to Lose". The first five tracks are great on that album, and then...what happened?

Shit! So far, everyone has mentioned Em, Jay, Outkast, Nas, Tupac, and The Roots.

I guess I'll go with:

Best:

B000024LML.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Worst:

B000008UKN.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Best:

B000002WPI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Worst: TIE!

B00005U2LM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg B000051XY5.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Best:

B0000024LN.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Worst:

B000059Q4I.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And CBright, what about Snoop's No Limit album?  I don't think I heard it, but if Master P was involved, I would presume it was terrible.

B00000IMGM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This album? It had a few tracks on it I liked, like Bitch Please, but nothing special.

Snoop's time on No Limit was :throwup:

g07943axjgg.jpgd41226neday.jpg

d31101lj2jm.jpge89703cdmsg.jpg

d62093s95l8.jpgd02784wf8sp.jpg

(I'm not counting his live albums)

c65300sx7sw.jpgd97973rv331.jpg

(Beat out Willenium for worst by virtue of Willenium having "Wild Wild West" on it, a song I would have sex with, were such a thing physically possible)

This one's just for me (and UYI, if he looks in here), cause I don't think we have any other fans here.

d33532xx449.jpge03118pwk3b.jpg

Re: Wu Tang. I'd place Iron Flag below The W because of "Gravel Pit", which I love. But I don't think the Wu ever really had a bad album.

Redman's very first album "Whut? Thee Album" is his best, IMO....

I'll take "Iron Flag" over "The W", but yeah "Gravel Pit" is a kickass song..."Wu Tang Forever" would be better had they cut the crap and condensed it down to 1 CD, you can't go wrong with songs like "Dog Shit"...

That album C-Bright put up there was Snoops first no limit album. that he recorded in a week. And it was pure garbage. That other on was alright though, and his last No Limit Album was his second best album.

And Reasonable Doubt>Blueprint, if for no other reason, Friend or Foe is the greatest interlude ever.

And C Bright you were wrong in one place. Redman has never had a bad album. Even Malpractice kicked your stankin ass.

And Eminem show was Em's best album. Encore, while his flow was better than some of the others, was pure garbage.

And Reasonable Doubt>Blueprint

Like choosing between two children.

That album C-Bright put up there was Snoops first no limit album

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. I could tell it's No Limit by the lame cover art.