TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

The Serenity movie thread

^^^^ I was surprised, that's for sure. Not even someone listening to it in the background or something, as a small reference (that I noticed, anyway).

Did anyone think that

the robot was an ow to Buffy fans, seeing how it looked like of like Buffy?

That is the first thing I thought of.

DVD release date December 20th, already up for pre-order at DDD and other sites :D

Serenity Bonus Features

• Over 20 minutes of deleted scenes and outtakes

•Joss Whedon Introduction

• Re- Lighting The Firefly: The story of how a television show gained enough of a cult following to become a major feature film.

• Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Joss Whedon

• And Much More!

Saw it twice in theatres as well. Just again last week, actually. Just as good as the first time, but I still think the beginning isn't very good and it still does pick up after the Inara talk. The big theme was more understandable to me this time, and it made a lot more sense (not that it didn't make sense before, but the scope of it got across better) and I noticed more lil things the second time around. Jayne holding the Blue Sun bottle/jug for instance.

Weird thing this time around,

I didn't get choked up when Book or Wash died, but when Simon got shot it effected me a lot more than it did before. Here's a guy who's shot, and all he cares about is saving Kaylee and protecting River. And then River says "It's my turn" and it's just... best scene for 2005...

I noticed a lot of little things through repeated viewings.

The best of which is when Mal confronts Simon about River going Apeshit. They first cut to a shot of Zoe, then someone else (maybe Kaylee), then to a shot of Wash. The way the shot is framed though...you can see Zoe's hand moving away from her holster. That one shot tells you just how dark Mal had gotten since we left the show. And why wouldn't he...with Book and Inara having left...not a lot of heart left on the ship.

RRR or bps, and I don't think I'm spoiling anything here anyways, was the big theme to you, more or less, faith? Having faith in whatever it is that you do, so long as you feel just in it?

Belief/Faith.

Inara talks about The Operative being dangerous because he believes in what he's doing so strongly. Book telling Mal the only way he can beat someone like that is to believe in something more strongly. The thing I didn't really buy the first time was Mal so strongly wanting everyone to know the message. But the message was pretty huge, and it got across better the second time. "Are you willing to die for that belief?" "Yes I am".

Yeah, for some reason Book telling Mal he needs to be on par with what he believes in to deal with the Operative didn't really resonate with me until I saw it the second time.

I'll be getting the DVD either for Christmas or B-Day. (which is 11 days later)