TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

They billed Jarrett as, what, 6'1"? He's about 5'10". Abyss can't be more than 6'4" or 6'5", but he's billed as 6'8". I know it's typical in wrestling, but in TNA, heights seem to be more greatly exaggerated than in WWE.

Guest Leelee

It's kinda weird that most wrestlers on TV are likely significantly shorter than me. :P

Bring in Matt Hyson as Big Matty Hyson as a white guy trying to act like a black rapper. Do the interview all in ghettospeak, playing it like it's comedy, and then half way through have Hyson stop, toss down the cap, chains or whatever shit he's got on and then say he's not about being what he isn't but about being what he is, and that's a guy with heart and desire.

Saw this on PWI:

It looks like you can all expect to enjoy a good TNA energy drink down the line.  A trademark was filed on 10/6 for a Total Nonstop Adrenalin Energy Drink, which features the TNA logo and a six-sided ring on the can.  There's no word as to when the drink will be officially released.  TNT Media, which produces the Jimmy Hart energy drink, is behind the TNA drink. 

Guest [censored]
Why does Larry Zbysko (I just totally butchered that name, didn't I?) hate Raven so much? I haven't figured that one out.

I think they are trying to do a sort of early Austin - McMahon thing where Zbysko is blaming Raven for ruining things and causing havok. It's not really playing well though IMO.

Guest Bulwark

The Raven-Zbyszko storyline...

Raven lost the title to Jarrett.

Raven blamed Zbyszko for making the title change official (despite the fact that it wasn't at an NWA event)

Raven attacked Zbyszko.

Zbyszko banned Raven from the arena.

It's pretty simple.

Guest Rrrsh

Raven blamed Zbyszko for making the title change official (despite the fact that it wasn't at an NWA event)

that was the part I never knew, hence me being in the dark about this fued.

I need to know if you people think this deserves a thread...

I was going to make a discussion about how well TNA's offilliation with the NWA still is, seeing as they only really mention NWA when talking about the World or Tag Team Titles...and if, sometime after TNA starts doing tours out of the Orlando area, they could have lower-card matches with other champions in NWA (like the North American champion, or the Canadian Heavyweight Champion) do quick title defenses, thus showing more importance for TNA as they have this whole organization that is the National Wrestling Alliance behind them.

If it deserves a thread, tell me. If not, we could discuss here.

Why does Larry Zbysko (I just totally butchered that name, didn't I?) hate Raven so much? I haven't figured that one out.

I think they are trying to do a sort of early Austin - McMahon thing where Zbysko is blaming Raven for ruining things and causing havok. It's not really playing well though IMO.

All of the backstage skits are laughable bad. There is no need for TNA to even attempt Sports Entertainment angles because the "authorty figures" are not credible actors. Please, just keep it simple with interviews by Tenay and only Tenay........I'm sorry but Larry Zybrico and Shane Douglas were never good in any of the backstage interview segments.

I don't know if you guys know this, but in wrestling, everyone is suppose to seem BIGGER.

...but why? Wouldn't it stand to make more sense if your average fan (who is likely 6'1" and under) saw somebody on TV being hyped as a monster, and they weren't much taller than they (the fan) were? I know a big reason more of the smaller indy workers got into wrestling was because of the smaller guys getting pushed in the mid-90's, and those tend to be the guys who love the business the most, so why not advertise your promotion as the one that tells the fans the truth instead of bullshitting them?

I mean, after all: seeing a 5'10" Rhino DESTROY somebody with a bad-ass tackle (GORE!) seems more impressive than a man built up as a monster doing it. At least in my book.

It's an old school mindset. People don't want to see their co-worker go out there and wrestle. They want to see someone larger than life, someone they would give their money to and pay to see go out there and wrestle.

This is correct. The only way "average" looking guys get over in wrestling is if they 1) are allowed and can execute blowaway things in the ring a la AJ Styles or 2) if they are charismatic and have presence on the mic. Bigger guys just have it easier because they don't have to do as much. It's a big reason why the WWE Cruiserweights are a joke. They aren't allowed to bust out stuff they need to get over. They are told to get over using WWE style of how to work. How are the fans supposed to get into Spanky and Frankie Kazarian punching and kicking each other and they are the same size, if not smaller than the fans whereas if Taker, JBL, or whatever Main Event WWE guy are doing it, it works for them because of their size.

Christian Cage's theme music is on TNAWrestling.com. It sounds horrible, as per the standard for TNA music. Instead of ripping off "Waterproof Blonde", they decided to use instrumentals from Evanescence, and turn it into a lovely MIDI File of some sort.

Christian Cage's theme music is on TNAWrestling.com.  It sounds horrible, as per the standard for TNA music.  Instead of ripping off "Waterproof Blonde", they decided to use instrumentals from Evanescence, and turn it into a lovely MIDI File of some sort.

It does sound like Evanesence, but it doesn't sound like a midi and it's much more distinctive than most of their entrance themes

It does sound like Evanesence, but it doesn't sound like a midi and it's much more distinctive than most of their entrance themes

I thought that too when I listened. It's very distinctive and you'll know right away that Christian is on way when it hits.