#19 Boston College at North Carolina, Noon/9:00 AM, JP*

South Florida at Rutgers, Noon/9:00 AM, GamePlan

South Carolina at Arkansas, 12:30 PM/9:30 AM, JP*

Tulane at Navy, 1:30 PM/10:30 AM, CSTV

BYU at UNLV, 3:00 PM/Noon, GamePlan

New Mexico State at Boise State, 3:00 PM/Noon, GamePlan

Army at Air Force, 3:30/12:30 PM, ESPN Classic

Louisian-Lafayette at North Texas, 7:00/4:00 PM, GamePlan

Rice at SMU, 8:30/5:30 PM, CSTV (tape delay)

San Jose State at #24 Fresno State, 9:00/6:00 PM, GamePlan

All Other D-IA Games

SATURDAY

Nebraska at Kansas

Duke at Clemson

Western Michigan at Eastern Michigan

#20 Auburn at Kentucky

Northern Illinois at Central Michigan

Wake Forest at Georgia Tech

Akron at Ball State

Kansas State at Iowa State

Buffalo at Miami of Ohio

Bowling Green at Kent State

Louisiana Tech at Utah State

Wyoming at Utah

Florida Atlantic at Troy

Oregon State at Washington

Temple at Virginia

Florida International at Louisiana-Monroe

Hawaii at Nevada

Arkansas State at Middle Tennessee State

Arizona State at Washington State

Houston at Central Florida

#5 UCLA at Arizona

Colorado State at #18 TCU

Appalachian State at #8 LSU

Tulsa at UTEP

How awesome would it be if magic pixie dust was sprinkled on the earth, and all of a sudden, everyone had their own pony?

The answer?

It's irrelevant because it's never going to happen.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I took Wisconsin over Penn State. Calhoun's a machine. Definitely my dark horse for the heismann.

You know who should get a little recognition for the Heisman, but is getting absolutely none? Jerome Harrison. It's not his fault the Cougars suck. In fact, it's even harder to put up numbers when you're on a bad team playing in a good conference. He's the NCAA's leading rusher right now, and his average of 6.4 ypc is better than anyone in the top ten except for DeAngelo Williams.

Furthermore, it's not even like he hasn't showed up in big games, as he ran for 260 yards against UCLA, 162 yards against Cal, and 147 yards against USC. I'm not saying he actually deserves the Heisman, but he'd be third on my ballot behind Young and Bush.

Harrison has been spectacular this season, but he plays on a bad team so no one who votes cares. Even DeAngelo Williams isn't getting much love. If you dont play at a top 10 program chances are you aren't getting near NY for the ceremony.

DeAngelo Williams however will get to cash a mighty paycheck once he goes pro. I think I'd rather get screwed out of the Heisman and then get a paycheck rather than win the Heisman and be a pro washout. Who would you rather be, Peyton Manning or Jason White, Andre Ware, Gino Torretta, etc.?

I took Wisconsin over Penn State. Calhoun's a machine. Definitely my dark horse for the heismann.

I would take Wisconsin if it wasn't at Happy Valley. I feel they're better and really want to see them take the Big Ten, but that is a huge crowd.

Miami beats VT, and I'm unbelieveably happy that we fired Randy Sanders. Maybe now we'll have a shot to beat the spread this weekend. I'll even fly out on a limb and say Tennessee pulls an upset. Has Notre Dame's (justifiably) hyped offense faced a super physical defense yet? Say what you want about being a conference homer, but you can't discount Tennessee's pounding defense. Anyone who's seen a single game of theirs could tell you they're a top ten team if they just had an offense that could score some fucking points to at least honor the defensive team's effort.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

A super physical defense...

They did come THAT fuckin' close to beating USC.

A week after Air Force football coach Fisher DeBerry was publicly reprimanded for insensitive comments about black athletes, Joe Paterno did not shy away from the topic of race during Tuesday's Big Ten coaches teleconference.

At one point, the topic of the teleconference turned to the increased scoring in the Big Ten this season. After first mentioning that improved indoor practice facilities have helped the conference recruit kids from warm-weather climates, Paterno offered a supplemental explanation.

"You have to be careful the way you say things sometimes," the Penn State coach said. "Poor [Air Force coach] Fisher DeBerry got in trouble, but the black athlete has made a big difference. They have changed the whole tempo of the game. Black athletes have just done a great job as athletes and as people in turning the game around."

Last week, after a 48-10 less to TCU, DeBerry noted that TCU "had a lot more Afro-American players than we did and they ran a lot faster than we did.

"Afro-American kids can run very well. That doesn't mean that Caucasian kids and other descents can't run, but it's very obvious to me that they run extremely well."

DeBerry was reprimanded by Air Force's superintendent, and issued a public apology for his remarks.

Jack Bauer, you do realize that U of L is going to absolutely murder Rutgers next week I hope? I'm talking name the score 65-10 type beatdown. Hell, we squashed Pitt 42-20 tonight and didn't really play all that well.

Isn't it nice of the Cardinals to stomp the rest of the Big East for WVU and thus insure that no one can even finish within 2 games of them? I am so bitter about this.

The fact that West Virginia's not going to lose a conference game might have something to do with that as well.

I can certainly see why you're bitter though. The Cardinals are probably one of the ten most talented teams in the country with two players talented enough to win the Heisman in Brohm and Dumerville. The dual chokes against South Florida and West Virginia have to be excruciating.

Honestly, if USC had to go to Louisville, and the Cardinals played to their potential, I'm pretty sure that 30 game winning streak would be a thing of the past.

Yeah, it doesn't really matter that WVU isn't going to lose a conf. game because they already won the only one that mattered against U of L. In essence the South FL debacle was just a weird fluke, it really meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. We're going to win out most likely so it's the WVU loss that keeps it from being a 6-1 league tie (U of L getting the head to head tiebreaker) and instead we'll end up 5-2.

It's sickening because I fucking KNOW that WVU isn't as good. On a neutral site U of L beats them by 2 TDs. At Papa John's stadium we beat them by 4 TDs.

You know the only bowl game I'd enjoy seeing us in? Maybe vs. Notre Dame should they not get in the BCS.

You know who should get a little recognition for the Heisman, but is getting absolutely none? Jerome Harrison. It's not his fault the Cougars suck. In fact, it's even harder to put up numbers when you're on a bad team playing in a good conference. He's the NCAA's leading rusher right now, and his average of 6.4 ypc is better than anyone in the top ten except for DeAngelo Williams.

Furthermore, it's not even like he hasn't showed up in big games, as he ran for 260 yards against UCLA, 162 yards against Cal, and 147 yards against USC. I'm not saying he actually deserves the Heisman, but he'd be third on my ballot behind Young and Bush.

Agreed. DeAngelo Williams is putting up his statistics against Conference USA, which is one step above JUCO. Atleast Jerome Harrison is going up against some competition like Cal, UCLA, and USC. Washington State also has another underrated player in wide receiver Jason Hill, that guy is a playmaker.

No, he's silly to assume Louisville would beat USC.

I'm not saying Louisville's better than USC or anything, but they're crazy good at home. That 22 point win over Pittsburgh was the closest home game they've played this season, and they beat Oregon State and UNC by a combined score of 132-37. With all the tough road games that have worn down the Trojans thus far, I could totally see them slipping after traveling all the way across the country to face Louisville.

Also, the fact that Brian Brohm leads the nation in passing efficiency would make the UL offense match up extremely well against a USC defense that gives up lots of big plays, and counts on making a couple timely INTs per game to win.

Louisville is like the 2nd most overrated team in NCAA now. Every year someone says they will make noise, then they go and lose to South Florida. No matter how you want to spin it, they LOST to USF, bottom line. That's not a mark of a team that would hang with USC.

A super physical defense...

They did come THAT fuckin' close to beating USC.

And USC's weak link has long been recognized as their own defensive unit. With the exception of the beatdown on Wazzou, USC hasn't been the best at keeping their opponents at a safe distance, relying on their sensational offense (which I call the best in the country). I doubt USC's defense could rough up ND's receivers and O-line the same as a desperate Tennessee squad. The Vols also tend to win these games where they have little to no chance according to the bookies and analysts. They weren't supposed to beat Florida in Spurrier's last home game, they weren't supposed to go down to the Orange Bowl and beat Miami, and they weren't supposed to beat LSU at Death Valley this year. I can easily see this game being like the Miami game, where it might not be the most exciting to watch, but Tennessee manages to contain ND just enough to win.

Guest Ether

First off, I wouldn't exactly call Louisville's win over Pitt a "squash." Louisville had all of a two point lead going into the half, and Pitt pretty much kept shooting themselves in the foot in the second half (dropped passes, false starts) than anything Louisville did.

Strange how I'm not that upset over my team losing by 22 points, even if their was a fair amount of self-destruction on Pitt's end. I guess I see some sort of moral victory in Pitt holding Louisville to 42 points. Oh well, I guess the bright side is that I can go back to cheering 100% against Penn State since there is no chance of a Pitt-Penn State BCS game now.

WVU is a good team that runs a gimmicky offense and defense that is able to produce good running backs year after year and, most importantly, always has a very good offensive line. A good o-line can help mask a lot of weaknesses.

As far as the hypothetical USC/Louisville matchup would go, in Louisville it would be close because Louisville has the offense to keep up with USC. At USC, Louisville probably gets creamed since they don't seem to play nearly as well in other team's stadiums for some reason. Of course it's all pointless because the two teams aren't playing each other this year and I can't see a scenario where USC would agree to a home game with Louisville anytime soon.

As far as the hypothetical USC/Louisville matchup would go, in Louisville it would be close because Louisville has the offense to keep up with USC.  Of course it's all pointless because the two teams aren't playing each other this year and I can't see a scenario where USC would agree to a home game with Louisville anytime soon.

I think Notre Dame's offense is a little bit better than Louisville's. Yeah, just a little. It's not about USC agreeing to a home game with Louisville, at this point for Louisville it's about trying to look good and appeal to the BCS, so they obviously wouldn't stick their necks out for a game where they could potentially be massacred.

That really has nothing to do with anything. If Louisville gets into the BCS, it will be because they got the Big East's automatic bid, period.

In fact, the only way they could actually get an at-large bid is if they did beat somebody like USC. Plus, that win might actually get them into the championship game if they did go undefeated, so as far as I see, it would be a win-win situation for Louisville.

Nevada -5 vs. Hawaii is the absolute lock for Saturday. People always forget how much worse Hawaii is on the road. They'd be about 10 points worse than Nevada at a neutral site, and on the road, they should lose by at least 3 TDs. Louisiana Tech's the team right behind Nevada in the WAC, and Hawaii lost to them by a score of something like 45-17.

After that, you want Iowa State -7.5 vs. Kansas State. They're 3-0 with Stevie Hicks with wins over Iowa and Texas A&M. When they're healthy like that, they're the best team in the Big 12 North.

And where the hell did you get South Carolina +7? Last I saw they were only a 4 1/2 point underdog. Finally, I'm assuming that you're just betting the moneyline on Minnesota, because they should be an 11 point favorite against Indiana. If someone actually has those two as a pick 'em, tell me so I can move my whole bankroll by tomorrow morning.

Nevada -5 vs. Hawaii is the absolute lock for Saturday. People always forget how much worse Hawaii is on the road. They'd be about 10 points worse than Nevada at a neutral site, and on the road, they should lose by at least 3 TDs. Louisiana Tech's the team right behind Nevada in the WAC, and Hawaii lost to them by a score of something like 45-17.

Brennan is not playing, either.

Boston College -5 at UNC

You couldn't get SU? I don't know if BC can make it out of there unless it's by the skin of their teeth.

If someone actually has those two as a pick 'em, tell me so I can move my whole bankroll by tomorrow morning.

SportsInteraction, baby!

Well I wonder if Texas can continue their streak of murdering everyone in the Big XII or if Baylor can continue their streak of not looking like total losers this season.

The Bears are back or something baby.....(if they were every here in the first place)

After that, you want Iowa State -7.5 vs. Kansas State. They're 3-0 with Stevie Hicks with wins over Iowa and Texas A&M. When they're healthy like that, they're the best team in the Big 12 North.

And where the hell did you get South Carolina +7? Last I saw they were only a 4 1/2 point underdog. Finally, I'm assuming that you're just betting the moneyline on Minnesota, because they should be an 11 point favorite against Indiana. If someone actually has those two as a pick 'em, tell me so I can move my whole bankroll by tomorrow morning.

I bought three points on South Carolina and moved the line up to +7.

Brennan is not playing, either.

Boston College -5 at UNC

You couldn't get SU? I don't know if BC can make it out of there unless it's by the skin of their teeth.

If someone actually has those two as a pick 'em, tell me so I can move my whole bankroll by tomorrow morning.

SportsInteraction, baby!

Call me crazy, but I've just had this feeling all week that -5 is too small of a line and that BC will end up winning by 10-13.