TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/1 - 11/5

Guest Vitamin X

NC State looks like they're going to upset Florida State leading 20-10 with 13 left in the 4th.

Penn State looks like they should beat Wisconsin 35-14. PSU will clinch at least a share of the Big Ten title, and can win it outright by beating Michigan State in 2 weeks. Had it not been for that last play in the Michigan game, they'd be undefeated

I almost wish Mike was here to scream about how South Carolina or Ole Miss could somehow possibly beat PSU...

Guest Leelee
If they win by 6, that shows that they at least won by a full possession, and keeps them in a virtual dead heat for the top three spots. Then, the win over Florida State in the ACC championship could be enough to put them ahead of Texas. Meanwhile, if they win by 9, that means they won by more than one possession, and have to be considered more impressive than Texas or USC at this point of the season.

You're wasting far too much thought on the eternally flawed College Football system.

Guest Leelee

Cal driving to beat Oregon in a pretty ugly game.

I was hoping the Pac-10 wasn't as ugly as the Big 10 in ABC games. Oh well. I think Oregon would have stomped them if Clements was playing.

Viva, Wildcats.

Guys, UCLA has 'em right where they want 'em.

I'm not ashamed at all of the Vols' performance today (though work prevented me from watching). Turnovers are a killer, but they kept plugging away and came back. That's huge for a team that really had no reason to go out there and try. From what I've read of who played and all that, it looks like Fulmer's in full Next Year mode. Ainge had damn well better regain his skills during the offseason. Kentucky and Vanderbilt remain, and we've gotta win both to simply be ELIGIBLE for a bowl. Half of me wants to see them not be invited to a bowl to jar everyone up in Big Orange country to get serious and not listen to the hype (this has been an even worse version of the embarassing 2002 season, when they were #4 in the preseason coming off of a huge bowl win over a strong opponent, sound familiar?). We play best when there are no expectations anyway. Can't explain it, but over the years we've sucked the meat missile every time we were expected to do well. Thus, I end my "Tennessee never gets any respect" angle to my fandom and usher in the more subdued "don't sleep on Tennessee" angle. Notre Dame's good all the way to a BCS bowl as long as they don't let that Navy game next week fuck 'em up.

Fuck all this talk about having to win by so much and blow other teams out and all that bullshit. That's another reason I love the SEC so much. No one except Florida ever tries to blow anyone out. You win, you leave. Let the other team have some dignity. Beating someone 62-0 doesn't tell me you're good, it tells me your coach is an asshole. God I hate Texas.

EDIT: BC lost to UNC? I know UNC's pretty decent this year and all, but that makes the only strong win I felt Virginia Tech had look like crap. Miami's gonna reassert itself tonight and remind VT they're not quite in the tippity-top realm of programs yet.

Eric Ainge is a piece of shit and a pussy. Anytime anyone comes near him he lobs up some terrible pass because hes afraid of getting hit.

Yo, before that ND game last year he was looking phenomenal, and then he got his shoulder rocked. I'm almost fed up with the guy, but those games he played last year remind me that there's talent somewhere under there, Fulmer's just gotta find a way to get it out of him again and also get the boy to grow some balls. People get injured, Erik. Get used to it.

Thats his problem, hes always afraid to get hurt or even hit. Thats been his mentality since high school and Fulmer is gonna have to figure out a way to snap him out of it or he's just going to keep fucking up.

WHY IS VT WEARING THOSE UGLY-ASS JERSEYS AGAIN

That's another reason why I like college more than the pros. They look like football players are supposed to look. Half the teams in the NFL look like their jerseys are fucked up art projects gone wrong.

Miami's almost picked off Vick twice now. Better keep it on the ground, Marky Mark.

That's another reason why I like college more than the pros. They look like football players are supposed to look. Half the teams in the NFL look like their jerseys are fucked up art projects gone wrong.

Did you mean this the other way around?

Well, even though the Cougars lost, I have to say this was a great weekend of college football.

I went 7-1 with 2 pushes on my regular bets and hit a 4 team teaser and a 5 team parlay, (the one I posted), netting me a total gain of $1100. I'm loving life right now.

I'm not surprised my Bruins are gonna wind up losing this.

I knew this little string of miraculous comebacks was gonna end, I just didnt think it was gonna be this bad.

I thought it would have been a close heartbreaker or some shit.

Except for ASU beat Wizzou. Last I checked Pullman wasn't in Cali.

UCF goes from 0-11 to bowl eligible in one year.

Army beats Air Force. Army-Navy game is for the Commander in Chief Trophy.

Looks like Miami will save the BCS this year. Barring a major upset, or miracle comeback by Virginia Tech, the Rose Bowl is pretty much set. Even if Alabama manages to go undefeated, which is no lock, I think everyone would agree they are a step below USC and Texas.

Should have known to never bet against Miami when they are an underdog.

20-0 Miami now. I've ragged on the Hurricanes in the past (mostly for staying high in the polls with mediocre records at the start of the season) but they are looking really impressive. I'd say that if the season ends with less than 2 undefeateds, then they are probably first in line to make it as a one-loss team.