TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

Oh...my...God. This is just awful. I'm still hoping that this is some sort of bogus story, but if it is in fact true and I see the Eddie memorial thing on Raw Monday night (or maybe on the TNA show tonight) it's going to hit me like a ton of bricks.

I can't necessarily say it shocks me given Eddie's past problems and all that, but man I thought he'd cleaned up his act. Let's just see what the cause of death ends up being.

Smackdown is just finished at this point. For the past 2 years Eddie was really the only consistently enjoyable guy on the show.

Guest hockeytown9321

Horrible, horrible news. Minneapolis was the same place where Pillman died too, also on a Sunday.

By Dave Meltzer

Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis this morning at the age of 38.

WWE.com has just reported this and we just had it confirmed, but with no other details.

------------------------------

R.I.P. Eddie

Guest *KNK*

This isn't the news you would expect to see waking up on a sunday morning. I still haven't looked at the article because I don't want to accept that it's true. Of all the names to die, I couldn't believe it was Eddie Guerrero. Not that I ever felt he was immortal but, it's just...wow.

I think we can all take a good guess at what was the cause of this and hopefully it's something that will shake the wrestlers away from. We are so used to wrestlers passing away from it past their prime but never in the peak of it. It's safe to say this is the biggest death in wrestling since that sad may night in 1999.

This isn't about the death a great wrestler or a popular name but rather a man who fought so hard to beat his demons, and sadly he never got to finish the ride.

Always in our hearts Eddie. RIP.

Absolutely shocking. It's a shame his career that last year and a half was really a down period. To think that less than two years ago, he was on top of the world.

And to put things into perspective of just how young he was, my mom, who was a fan during the '80s and early '90s, had no idea who he was. I asked if she'd heard of him and her response? "Did he graduate with you?" The good die young.

.....Damn.

Wow.

I didn't expect to wake up this morning to this.

That sums up my feelings on reading this. I have to say that this is the first death since the Owen Hart thing that truly shocks me, as I thought he had gotten his life under control.

My God my mother passes away on July 15th and then I lose one of my favorite wrestlers. I know it is cliche but believe me this year I've learned that life is precious.

RIP Mom and Eddie

Count me among those who did not think that Guerrero would be one who passed away anytime soon. To say this was a shocker is an understatement. Soon after the guy gets his life on track and gets the biggest push of his career, this happens. RIP.

And of course, leave it to low-lifes on eBay to try and cash in on the death. Already there are several new auctions with mention of his passing IN the auction title. My favorite? "WWE EDDIE GUERRERO SIGNED PROMO 765 RARE! REST IN PIECE" What a god damn idiot.

And of course, leave it to low-lifes on eBay to try and cash in on the death.  Already there are several new auctions with mention of his passing IN the auction title.  My favorite?  "WWE EDDIE GUERRERO SIGNED PROMO 765 RARE! REST IN PIECE"  What a god damn idiot.

I'm putting my Eddie Guerrero "Scarface" t-shirt in a place of honor in my house.