TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

Another news site:  As I am sure you will all understand, the reaction to Eddie Guerrero's sudden passing has blindsided everyone I talked to in WWE this morning.  The workers I have spoken to about it are just numb and shocked.

The word I have gotten is that the company has decided to make both the Raw and Smackdown shows at tonight's combined taping in Minneapolis tribute shows to Eddie.  The usual format for the shows has been changed to instead incorporate tributes to Eddie.

Good.

Man I wake up this morning, log on to TSM, and read this. At first I thought it was a bad joke by the original poster, but now reality has sunk in. WWE and professional wrestling has lost one of the better wrestlers and well all I can say is Rest in Peace, Eddie.

Eddie Guerrero passes away

[email protected]

Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis this morning at the age of 38.

The only details available is that Guerrero came in yesterday for tonight's scheduled television tapings at the Target Center where he was scheduled in the main event.

He had an early wake-up call that he didn't answer. Chavo Guerrero, who he was traveling with, called the room and again got no answer. When knocks on his hotel room door went unanswered, security got the door open and Eddie was found dead in the bathroom.

Guerrero was one of the best wrestlers of his generation and immensely popular within the industry.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

I can't fucking beleive this. I'm at convention meeting right now, and I check this forum, (Wi-Fi for the Win) and I see this out of left field, and I didn't beleive it until the 3rd page when I saw the article. This shit just tears me up, and it leaves us all going what happened.

This is the worst possible news right now for the WWE, with the major defection, Batista being injured, and now their new World Champion is dead. This can't help at all.

But that is secondary, prayers and support are needed right now for his family, and his friends.

RIP Eddie, you were a legend, you were one of the best.

I don't know how to say this with out sounding insensitive, but I was going to finally get to see a dream match up of Eddie Vs HBK in the ring at Survivor Series.

It really is a dream match now.

RIP Eddie

Guest Duke_The_Dog

Eddie was found dead in the bathroom.

this doesn't sound like its going to get any better.

David Von Erich II?

Guest *KNK*

I don't know if I can even watch Raw tommorow night. Raw is Owen was completely rough to watch...I just don't know if I can do it again for Eddie.

Guest NitroJMS

I thought tonight's main event was supposed to be Batista vs. Edge vs. Orton? So I don't see the pressure on Eddie thing.

RIP Eddie - I'll always remember the great matches on Nitro and that awesome night that the Radicals debuted on Raw while I was there.

Guest heyimbro

Oh my god, I can't believe this. My heart is racing.

I thought he was clean?? Oh man, RIP.

Guest *KNK*

What's scary is that we are starting to pick little pieces of the story, that he had breakfast with Chavo, went back upstairs and didn't answer the call and that he was found in the bathroom...

You start formulating the possible events that could've occured. You don't want to. You want think about him and Chris Benoit standing in the center of the ring as confetti dropped down on them @ WM...but there's that human nature to be curious about how it happened, even if you know the story won't be good.

I really want to hope it's not something similar to Curt or Brian but we all know it's not. That's the saddest part, we have to deal with the lost (we will get over it soon enough, sadly the Guerrero family and the wrestling family don't have that option)...but we have to accept that he likely lost his battle.

I thought tonight's main event was supposed to be Batista vs. Edge vs. Orton?  So I don't see the pressure on Eddie thing.

RIP Eddie - I'll always remember the great matches on Nitro and that awesome night that the Radicals debuted on Raw while I was there.

No Eddie vs. Orton vs. Batista

Man.... I was another of the "first thing in the morning" guys. I got a text message from a friend.... First, my favorite Japanese wrestler, now one of my favorite wrestlers ever. God....

My favorite Eddie Guerrero angles were probably the ones he did with Chavo Jr. in WCW. Eddie was the best at being the slimy rudo heel. This one really came out of left field, and sucks a lot to hear, even though I haven't been staying up to speed with the whole wrestling thing as of late. If this is because of what we all think it is, hopefully more guys will flush their steroids and painkillers down the toilet soon.

What's scary is that we are starting to pick little pieces of the story, that he had breakfast with Chavo, went back upstairs and didn't answer the call and that he was found in the bathroom...

You start formulating the possible events that could've occured. You don't want to. You want think about him and Chris Benoit standing in the center of the ring as confetti dropped down on them @ WM...but there's that human nature to be curious about how it happened, even if you know the story won't be good.

I really want to hope it's not something similar to Curt or Brian but we all know it's not.  That's the saddest part, we have to deal with the lost (we will get over it soon enough, sadly the Guerrero family and the wrestling family don't have that option)...but we have to accept that he likely lost his battle.

Well put, exactly how I feel.

Guest nokia

The last time I cried before today was when Eddie & Benoit both were in the ring at wrestlemania holding both of the wwe's top belt's