TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

I don't understand why stores have these long lines of people when they have fewer than 20 XBox 360s. What the fuck are these people waiting in line for? Do they think somebody with one reserved is going to come up the register and say, "On second thought, I think I'll pass."? I mean, I could see a few hopefuls hanging around, praying that there are some no-shows with the reserves, but these massive lines are just asinine.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Both stores I went to had 1 extra person in line than they had systems.

This shortage has to be manufactured by MS to create hype. How could they only be producing like 20 per store? That's just stupid. I thought the whole point of getting this out this early was to get a head start on PS3?

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Both stores I went to had 1 extra person in line than they had systems.

This shortage has to be manufactured by MS to create hype. How could they only be producing like 20 per store? That's just stupid. I thought the whole point of getting this out this early was to get a head start on PS3?

It has something to do with MS not having the systems ready to be manufactured until October. Basically; they weren't given enough time to make enough systems to meet demand because MS tried to rush the system.

I was talking to a security person at the mall where I work tonight about 360's release. Both EB & Gamestop are open at midnight to sell them, and they ended up taking hundreds of reservals each, but of course, apparently each store got around only 46. Due to there literally being a riot when EB got Madden 06 in late, security is TIGHT tonight.

They knew the release date ages ago. This shortage stuff is just dumb. It was dumb with PS2 too.

Yes, they knew the release date. They just didn't have the system ready to be manufactured until October - they didn't give them enough time to make enough systems. The 360 should have been started on manufacturing in the summer.

I expected that there would be a shortage. It's the same thing that happen when the DS came out. Stores got a few and that was it. Then Nintendo took a really long time to finally get more out. I'm thinking companies are seeing as a marketing deal now. The longer the wait, the more people will crave to get it.

I'm on second shipment...and have already got my call that I'm waiting until next year.

It kind of blows...but between my 45 hours of work a week and the 100 hours of community service I have to do before January 2nd (from that time I almost killed that guy) I really won't have time to play it anyway.

I'm on second shipment...and have already got my call that I'm waiting until next year.

It kind of blows...but between my 45 hours of work a week and the 100 hours of community service I have to do before January 2nd (from that time I almost killed that guy) I really won't have time to play it anyway.

Wait... almost killed a guy? Imust have missed that.

So are there any games anyone on here are looking forward to playing?

Mine are: Perfect Dark Zero

Project Gothem Racing 3

99 Nights

Quake 4

Gears of War

Call of duty 2

and yes, even Final Fantasy 11. The fact your able to play along side PC players and PS2 players is a pretty cool concept.

In simple terms...

sometimes bps drinks too much whiskey.

sometimes assholes step out of line.

sometimes assholes need their faces kicked in and to be left for dead in the snow.

Thankfully...he lived. And just as thankfully I got a good lawyer who made my case such a mess that they got their conviction...and I don't go to jail.

Cause God knows I couldn't stand to miss all the great WWE programming.

Reading other boards about various launch stories, I must say: what a bunch of god damn nerds.  Camping out starting YESTERDAY AFTERNOON for a video game system?  C'mon.

Agreed. I was ashamed to start waiting in line an hour before hand, which as it turns out, was moot: No layaway means no 360 for me as of yet. Fortuantely, I've got a potential understocking in place at the Walmart I work at in another city.

On the plus, I did bump into an old college buddy, meet a barrage of colourful characters, and have 500 bucks with which to go drinking.

Looking at my first post, I see it's a bit harsh. Nothing wrong with waiting out a bit for something you like. I've gone to Wal-Mart on occassion to get a must-have DVD. But the people who literally camped out for 24 hours to get one don't do much for the legendary video gamer stereotype.

All I can say was I was disapointed that my Kmart didnt have any like they were supposed to. Had they had any, I would have had one because I was the only one there at 6am, however, Im pissed they couldn't have put up the "sorry no XBox360" signs until like 7:45, at which point it was just me and an two old women who had no idea what an XBox 360 was.

Me: "Are you here for the XBox 360"

Old Woman #1 "A what now?"

Me: "X.....BOX.....3......60"

Old Woman#2: "Is it something for your car?"

Me: "Yeah..."

And then they put the sign up:

Old Woman #2: "Aww..thats ashame you waited out here all this time for that and they dont have any.."

Old Woman #1: "You should try Wal Mart!"

Afterwards, I hurried over to Target, as they were about the only other place and I didnt see a sign that said they were sold out like they were supposed to have, but come to find out, they only got like 10 of each and they had given out tickets but were having trouble ringing them up or something. But I did pick up Seasons 5 and 6 of Seinfeld for $29 each and I got 2 $5 giftcards as well, so not totally wasted morning.

Guest Leelee
Looking at my first post, I see it's a bit harsh.  Nothing wrong with waiting out a bit for something you like.  I've gone to Wal-Mart on occassion to get a must-have DVD.  But the people who literally camped out for 24 hours to get one don't do much for the legendary video gamer stereotype.

The legendary video gamer did the same thing. I know they did for Genesis. Unless you're talking like Atari generation.

$5100

I'm a moron. This might not end up going through as there are a lot of idiots on eBay but with most selling for around $1200-$1400... I highly regret not pre-ordering one from every single place I could think of.

$5100

I'm a moron. This might not end up going through as there are a lot of idiots on eBay but with most selling for around $1200-$1400... I highly regret not pre-ordering one from every single place I could think of.

Jesus.

That's it. I'm bleeding my savings account dry and buying as many PS3 as I can get my hands on. This is guaranteed profit if ever I've seen it.

Well, I hadn't planned on buying one since I'm in the middle of getting one from Walmart.com. I was just going to keep a friend company for a couple of hours. However, we finally found a place that was selling them that wasn't swamped (as a matter of fact, NO one was there when we got there): Costco. They had 23 bundles that was actually a pretty good deal. The premium package, an extra wireless controller, the charge and play kit, and Kameo for $479. I figure the one I'm getting online will end up on Ebay to help defray the costs of this one. Now all I need is an HDTV and I'm set. And with Best Buy offering no interest until 2008 and me in possession of a coupon for 10% off any Samsung TV, that situation might be rectified in the next day or so.

Highlights from the launch include:

- A 17-year-old being robbed of his newly acquired 360 outside the store.

- An EB Games being involved in an armed robbery for two 360s.

- Several reported fist-fights at various stores.

Dem video gaming nerds be some fiesty ones.

Man, the prices on eBay are absolutely crazy. I can't believe that somebody would pay over $1000 just for a console. There are even auctions that are over $3 000 ! How stupid one must be to pay 6 times the regular price ?

Hell, I'll be the first to pre-order a PS3 or two when it comes out. I'll make enough money to pay the rest of my car.

Someone was just trying to tell me to buy a PS3 b/c it'd be better than the X-Box 360. But I think the X-Box 360 would be better. Plus isn't the PS3 more expensive? So how long will I have to wait to get an X-Box 360 if I never had one on reserve?

I'm leary of it though. These things go in cycles. I got an NES. It was fun. I got a Genesis. It ruled. I went to Saturn. It sucked. I went to SNES. It ruled. I got an N64. It sucked. So I bought a Playstation. It ruled. I got a PS2 and a GC. They suck. I got an X-Box and it ruled. So I just seem to think it's Nintendo's turn to entertain me now.

In simple terms...

sometimes bps drinks too much whiskey.

sometimes assholes step out of line.

sometimes assholes need their faces kicked in and to be left for dead in the snow.

Thankfully...he lived. And just as thankfully I got a good lawyer who made my case such a mess that they got their conviction...and I don't go to jail.

Cause God knows I couldn't stand to miss all the great WWE programming.

As long as alcohol is involved, that makes everything all right. :)

Matt Fact: Matt is hung over.

I keep realizing I should have went right after work and waited in line and got this and sold it so I could buy one I really want in February when Oblivion comes out.

or just sold my place in line :)