TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Wizard spill the beans on DC One Year Later

Latest 52 solicitations

In WEEK 5, illustrated by Chris Batista & Jimmy Palmiotti, It’s a mystery in space and a surprise so unexpected that even the cover is top secret!

--------------------

52Cv6.jpg

WEEK 6, with art by Joe Bennett & Ruy Jose, features the debut of some major players, as Green Lantern discovers the world's newest sensations: China's own super-hero team!

--------------------------

52Cv7.jpg

Booster Gold sells out in WEEK 7, illustrated by Ken Lashley & KWL Designs! But he’s sure to see the same people on the way down that he met on the way up!

-----------------------------

52Cv8.jpg

And WEEK 8, with art by Eddy Barrows & Rob Stull, puts the spotlight on John Henry Irons…Man of Steel! With Superman gone, can he stop the never-ending schemes of Lex Luthor?

Plus, “The History of the DC Universe,” backup feature continues each week by Dan Jurgens and Art Thibert!

52: A year without Superman; a year without Batman; a year without Wonder Woman…but not a year without heroes.

Week 5 on sale June 7 • Week 6 on sale June 14

Week 7 on sale June 21 • Week 8 on sale June 28

32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

DCU: BRAVE NEW WORLD

Written and illustrated by various

Cover by Ariel Olivetti

In 2005, DC set the stage for INFINITE CRISIS with the unbelievable $1.00 special COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS. Now, DC presents an equally crucial 80-page one-shot specially priced at just $1.00, giving fans the opportunity to sample six new projects set to debut in July and August!

BRAVE NEW WORLD includes original stories that act as a preview for the following books:

• MARTIAN MANHUNTER by A.J. Lieberman (Harley Quinn, Gotham Knights), with art

by Al Barrionuevo & Bit (Gotham Knights)

• OMAC by Bruce Jones (Year One: Batman/Scarecrow, Nightwing, THE Warlord) with art

by Renato Guedes (Adventures of Superman)

• UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS by Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex, Hawkman) with art by Daniel Acuña (Outsiders, JLA covers)

• THE CREEPER by Steve Niles (BATMAN: GOTHAM COUNTY LINE) with art by Justiniano &

Walden Wong ( Day of Vengeance)

• THE ALL-NEW ATOM by Gail Simone (Birds of Prey, Villains United) with art by John Byrne

(BLOOD OF THE DEMON) & Trevor Scott (THE AUTHORITY)

• THE TRIALS OF SHAZAM! by Judd Winick (Batman, Green Arrow) with art by Howard Porter (JLA).

Don't miss the chance to get in on the ground floor of these six exciting new series! Plus, witness the shocking return of a character you never thought you'd see again!

On sale June 28 • 80 pg, FC, $1.00 US Edited by Matt Idelson

5443_400x600.jpg

DCU: BRAVE NEW WORLD

Written and illustrated by various

Cover by Ariel Olivetti

In 2005, DC set the stage for INFINITE CRISIS with the unbelievable $1.00 special COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS. Now, DC presents an equally crucial 80-page one-shot specially priced at just $1.00, giving fans the opportunity to sample six new projects set to debut in July and August!

BRAVE NEW WORLD includes original stories that act as a preview for the following books:

• MARTIAN MANHUNTER by A.J. Lieberman (Harley Quinn, Gotham Knights), with art

by Al Barrionuevo & Bit (Gotham Knights)

• OMAC by Bruce Jones (Year One: Batman/Scarecrow, Nightwing, THE Warlord) with art

by Renato Guedes (Adventures of Superman)

• UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS by Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex, Hawkman) with art by Daniel Acuña (Outsiders, JLA covers)

• THE CREEPER by Steve Niles (BATMAN: GOTHAM COUNTY LINE) with art by Justiniano &

Walden Wong ( Day of Vengeance)

• THE ALL-NEW ATOM by Gail Simone (Birds of Prey, Villains United) with art by John Byrne

(BLOOD OF THE DEMON) & Trevor Scott (THE AUTHORITY)

• THE TRIALS OF SHAZAM! by Judd Winick (Batman, Green Arrow) with art by Howard Porter (JLA).

Don't miss the chance to get in on the ground floor of these six exciting new series! Plus, witness the shocking return of a character you never thought you'd see again!

On sale June 28 • 80 pg, FC, $1.00 US Edited by Matt Idelson

5443_400x600.jpg

Let the guesses beign as to who this refers to.

My Guess: King Faraday?

Actual guess: Manitau Raven

Word on the street is that the new Aquaman is supposed to be pretty great, and with Busiek writing I suppose that's almost a given (though I really didn't like his latest JLA run). Apparently the buying public agrees since it sold out. Anyone picked it up?

I havn't been to the store in a while, but next time I go I'm going to see if I can try and find Superman, Aquaman, and Detective Comics.

I read Batman #651, Manhunter #20, Supergirl and LOSH #16, Robin #148 and Catwoman #53 this week and in my IMO they were all fantastic especially Robin.

Anyway the three big things I learned reading these books.

*******HUGE IC spoiler and possible 52 spoilers *********

1. Doomsday returns in Infinite Crisis, leading to a huge battle royal in Metropolis (Manhunter #20 which anwers a question raised in Superman #650)

2. Batman is not the father of Catwoman's daughter. Well that is what I got from their conversation, anyway. Plus Batman holding a Teddy Bear was the best panel ever.(Catwoman)

3. Batman, Nightwing and Robin spent the missing year(or only part of it) in Budapest. For What? remains a mystery.(Robin)

52, month 3 solicitations

52: WEEKS 9-12

Written by Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison,Greg Rucka and Mark Waid

Breakdowns by Keith Giffen

Art by various

Backup features by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund and Mark Waid and Adam Hughes

Covers by J.G. Jones

The story of the year continues in four more action-packed chapters of comics’ only weekly superhero adventure! This month, get ready for the debut of three new characters that will create a powerful impact in the DCU...and change the face of 52 completely.

52: A year without Superman; a year without Batman; a year without Wonder Woman …but not a year without heroes.

Week 9 on sale July 6 • Week 10 on sale July 12 • Week 11 on sale July 19 • Week 12 on sale July 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

In WEEK 9, with art by Shawn Moll & Tom Nguyen, learn who dies before Devilance. Plus, witness the debut of the new JLA!

52Week9.jpg

WEEK 10, illustrated by Chris Batista (LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES) & Jimmy Palmiotti, features the debut of Supernova, the new guardian of Metropolis!

52Week10.jpg

WEEK 11, featuring art by Joe Bennett & Jack Jadson and Todd Nauck & Marlo Alquiza, sheds light on the mysterious woman protecting Gotham City…wearing a very familiar uniform!

Black Adam finds love in the arms of mythology in WEEK 12, with art by Eddy Barrows & Rob Stull. Isis is here! Plus the debut of the new SECRET ORIGINS backup featuring the origin of Wonder Woman by Mark Waid and Adam Hughes!

52Week12.jpg

The big new release for July

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #0

JLA_Cv0.jpg

Written by Brad Meltzer

Art by Ed Benes, George Perez,

Jim Lee, J.H. Williams, Gene Ha, Dick Giordano, Eric Wright, Tony Harris, Kevin Maguire, Dan Jurgens, Howard Porter, Luke McDonnell, Rags Morales, Ethan Van Sciver and Phil Jimenez

Cover by Michael Turner

Variant cover by J. Scott Campbell

The most anticipated book of the year is finally here! Best-selling author Brad Meltzer broke the JLA down in the top-selling, critically acclaimed Identity Crisis - and now he puts all the pieces back together again!

Superman. Batman. Wonder Woman. The core heroes of the DCU are back - but after Infinite Crisis, where do they stand with each other? Here's the definitive answer, brought to you with the brilliant art of Ed Benes, George Perez, Jim Lee, J.H. Williams, Gene Ha, Dick Giordano, Eric Wright, Tony Harris, Kevin Maguire, Dan Jurgens, Howard Porter, Luke McDonnell, Rags Morales, Ethan Van Sciver, Phil Jimenez and others.

Join us for this historic and unforgettable new beginning of the Justice League of America as we look at the past, present and future of the World's Greatest Super Heroes!

On sale July 19 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US Edited by Eddie Berganza

Guest treecelightning

I'm reading Aquaman right now, and I think it's fantastic. I also happen to be a big fan of the "EPIC QUEST", so YMMV here. It's written well, and both issues of this story have kept me very interested. I strongly recommend it.

That preview totally convinced me to pick up that issue. I liked that the first person mentioned for the league was Captain Marvel. SHAZAM!