TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperJerk

All-Star Superman

Given the flaming turb that was All-Star Batman & Robin, this book was a pleasant surprise. Well paced storytelling, character-driven artwork, and a good hook that makes you want to read the next issue.

4400_180x270.jpg

Definitely worth reading.

So, ayone read issue 2 yet? If not, you need to go out and get it immediately (if it's not already all sold out). This is only 2 issues in but I'm liking it more than any Superman story in years.

I liked the issue as well. Have not gotten issue #2 yet though. Only complaint is Quitely's Superman. I have never been a big fan of his art, but Morrison's storytelling more then makes up for it.

Oh, man. I just checked out ASB&R:TBW, and it's just fucking atrocious. They speak like a combination of (really terrible) Sin City-speak and Bendis's USM dialogue. I liek USM's dialogue, but that's because the characters are supposed to be like 15-16. Not adults. Wow is it bad.

Having read most of Miller's script notes, it seems to consist of him telling Lee to make Vikki Vale's tits really big. Is this what he's come to? Don't have much hope for the new Sin City stuff if this is where it's headed.

The greatness continued in issue 3. Morrison is going on a wirlwind tour through old style Superman stories dredging up old characters and themes. I did think that this issue squandered the opportunity for a great "Lois gets Superman's powers" story for the Samson and Atlas stuff, which was a little out there for me, But Morrison's great writing and the amazing art made up for it. I just wish the focus had been a bit more on Lois using the powers.

Her not believing Superman that he's Clark is awesome though.

And is All Star Batman #4 ever going to come out? Issue one came out last August and we haven't even got to issue 4 yet!

....er.... not that I care or anything....just curious, that's all.

Guest treecelightning
Oh, man. I just checked out ASB&R:TBW, and it's just fucking atrocious. They speak like a combination of (really terrible) Sin City-speak and Bendis's USM dialogue. I liek USM's dialogue, but that's because the characters are supposed to be like 15-16. Not adults. Wow is it bad.

Having read most of Miller's script notes, it seems to consist of him telling Lee to make Vikki Vale's tits really big. Is this what he's come to? Don't have much hope for the new Sin City stuff if this is where it's headed.

I couldn't drop this title fast enough. I just couldn't get passed the fact that Batman was a GIANT ASSHOLE. I know he's been written as a dick before, but boy was he just out of control in this sucker. Dick Grayson sees his parents murdered, almost gets killed by dirty cops, and then BATMAN TRAUMATIZES HIM FURTHER?!?!?!?! That's not edgy, that's FUCKING RE-DIC-U-LOUS. This title is an abortion. I hope issue 4 NEVER comes out.

Frank Miller's best days are behind him in the superhero genre. He may still be able to do Sin City, but I think after this series is finished he won't tackle superheroes for a Loooooooong time.

All-Star Superman's writing has been great compared to AS Batman. If only they could have swapped artists for the series, since I detest Quietly's work.

Frank Miller's best days are behind him in the superhero genre. He may still be able to do Sin City, but I think after this series is finished he won't tackle superheroes for a Loooooooong time.

All-Star Superman's writing has been great compared to AS Batman. If only they could have swapped artists for the series, since I detest Quietly's work.

Don't forget Miller's still doing Batman vs Al Quada...

And I like Quietly's art on All Star Superman sure his faces can be a little wierd sometimes, but other times he just nails them. It's the surroundings and backgrounds that he does very well. The coloring on this series is absolutely amazing though.

Sadly, I tried to block Batman vs Al Queda from my mind. Quietly's backgrounds are well down I will admit, but I am not a fan of how he draws the human body.

Guest treecelightning
Don't forget Miller's still doing Batman vs Al Quada...

Damnit. I'd completely forgotten about that. When does this waste of rack space come out?

I don't know when Batman vs Al Quada comes out. I do think it has potential to be fun though.

I do know that All-Star Batman got delayed again. It was supposed to come out the same week as Infinite Crisis #6 (after initial delays) then was supposed to come out tomorrow, and now is to be released the same day as Infinite Crisis #7. And that's ASB #4. If it was on an actual bi-monthly schedule (like it's supposed to be), issue #6 should have been out in April. I don't know why I kept track of that.

DC released the covers for the next 2 issues of All-Star Superman and they're super sweet.

5197_400x600.jpg

5528_400x600.jpg