TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Rose Bowl Thread

Okay kids here you go. Get your posts in before it gets closed until January 4th.

At least there won't be any agrument over either team deserving to be here this year.

I'm looking forward to the game to determine an undefeated, undisputed champion.

I'd favour USC here because I don't think either defense can really stop the other teams offense, so they will have to rely on turnovers to build a lead. I feel that USC's defense is better set up to create turnovers against Texas than the other way around.

Guest Smues

Booo two years in a row no team I can root for in the national title game. I guess if I had to pick a team to root for it'd be Texas, just because it would anger Bill Plasche. Lame reasoning I know, but I hate both teams so it's all I got. Hopefully it's at least a good game and not a blowout.

I'm looking forward to this matchup, should be a pretty awesome game to watch. I haven't been this excited for a national title game since Miami-Ohio State several years ago. Also, I'm happy it's going to be @ the Rose Bowl, perfect setting for USC to try to win a third consecutive national championship.

USC by 17 or more. Texas will make it look like a game up to its (rightful) billing as a clash of the two unstoppable teams until halftime. After that, the 3rd quarter will be their last chance before USC cinches it.

Here's my hope for this game.

I hope the Rose Bowl takes its Revenge aganist Mack Brown, and USC sends the Longhorns home with a crushing defeat.

Edited by DragonLordKaiba

As a mild OU fan (rooting for them so long as they're not playing Kansas State), there is absolutely no way I want to see Texas win the national title and have to deal even more with annoying Texas fans in their annoying burnt-orange gear and their annoying misuse of the metal horns...

Yeah, fuck Texas. Come on Trojans.

Guest Leelee

Everyone I know from California are nice, intelligent people. As for Oklahoma...

USC 70, Texas -4.

As a mild OU fan (rooting for them so long as they're not playing Kansas State), there is absolutely no way I want to see Texas win the national title and have to deal even more with annoying Texas fans in their annoying burnt-orange gear and their annoying misuse of the metal horns...

Yeah, fuck Texas. Come on Trojans.

Because I like Texas(rooting for them so long as they're not playing OU) more than I do USC. Besides, what does it matter if Texas won a National Championship; it'd be their first full one. It's not like they could really brag to OU or Nebraska about their single title to the other schools multitude.

I think this will actually be a good game. However, USC's offense is a little better tested, and you just know that Pete Carroll's going to come up with a hell of a game plan over the next month.

USC 41

Texas 27

Since it's not 2 in the morning anymore, a brief explanation of why I think USC will win by two touchdowns (with a score very much like the one Iggy called): the USC running game. Bold statement, I know. The only times Texas has ever been in trouble this year outside of the Ohio State game were against Oklahoma State and Texas A&M, both teams who ran all over them. Admittedly, a lot of A&M's success was due to Texas' inability to defend the option. Nonetheless, a team that can run can give Texas trouble and goddamn, can Bush and White run. They're just too good. I can't see Texas holding them under 250 yards rushing with the way the USC line has been playing of late, and I think it's going to be too much to overcome.

Yes but USC's defense hasn't played an offense as versatile as Texas. And they haven't played a dual-threat QB over their entire winning streak(unless you count bryan randall).

So I don't think USC will be able to stop the Texas offense.

I can't resist not making a prediction:

USC 45 Texas 28. Bush and White combine for 4 TDs rushing.

About the USC defense Dama, I believe they're probably more apt to force tunrovers, which this game is definitely going to come down to. And you know Pete Carroll will come up with a gameplan with a month to scheme for this game...

Edited by therealworldschampion