TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bulwark

12/3 Ratings and a surprise at TP

Guest Bulwark

Figured i'd combine these into one topic.

TNA did a 0.8 rating again on Saturday night, but the good news was total viewership was the second highest in history. -Observer

Dixie Carter on TNA possible surprise; drug policy and more

Please credit this recap to: AudioWrestling.com

TNA president Dixie Carter was a guest on this week's edition of Monday Night Mayhem which is a live wrestling radio show that you can hear live and archived every week for FREE on the AudioWrestling.com website!

The following is just a brief rundown of highlights from the interview which is now playing in streaming audio on the AudioWrestling.com site. Also on AW you will be able to cast your vote in the long running "AW Year End Awards" to determine the best wrestling radio shows and interviews of 2005!

Dixie Carter is welcomed to the show and says you can expect several exciting announcements to come from TNA soon.

Dixie tells MNM they are getting a scoop as there might be a major add on to this weekends TNA PPV Turning Point that will "change the face of the wrestling business." Dixie goes on to say that if things go as planned, this will be the best TNA PPV in the companies history!

Dixie says she talked with Christian Cage recently. She says Christian received a great offer from WWE but chose to join TNA despite the risk of perhaps giving up a better salary with WWE. She said Christian wanted to join TNA because he felt it was what is exciting now.

Dixie mentions TNA's strong Buffalo audience (where the Mayhem show is based out of). She says despite Buffalo not having had the FSN Impact show when it was on, Buffalo has always been a strong PPV buy area for TNA and that they hope to make Buffalo one of their first stops when they start touring in 2006.

Dixie was asked about Christy Hemme, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit possibly being brought into TNA sometime soon should they not be with WWE. Dixie says that the most important thing is promoting the talent already with TNA. Dixie says bringing in outside talent mentioned could help get TNA guys over faster.

Dixie points out she is the president of TNA, not the owner.

Dixie is asked about the recent drug policy made by WWE. Dixie commends WWE for their effort. She is asked if TNA will adopt a similar policy and responds by saying that TNA wrestlers are not all about the muscular look and that they feel they do a strong job keeping the TNA locker room clean. She says in the past there was a drug problem with Raven that has been resolved.

Is is just a portion of the 30 + minute interview which you can hear right now on AudioWrestling.com

-Observer

Let the speculation begin.

Oh, and I saw a picture of Dixie somewhere... Total MILF.

Why would TNA want to hire Christy Hemme in the 1st place?

They need to lower the locker room IQ and increase the number of speed users.

This sounds like hyperbole by Carter. I'm not sure what the announcement is, but it may not even be a talent acquisition.

That said, I'm predicting a 0.8 for this Thursday's iMPACT.

The most I can think of is announcing TNA will be on Monday Nights in a two hour block before UFC starting in 2006 but that's not really a major add so much as suicide.

I don't know why she always says that. I mean yeah, they lived up to it with Christian but christ...now what?

TEST? GLACIER? LA PARKA?

But she says it's a major add onto the PPV.

How is any of that a major add on to the PPV?

I have fucking idea, TNA has me actually 100% stumped and intrigued. Fuck, Dixie Carter can make me want to pay 30 dollars to stare at my own clothes.

Edited by 2GOLD

Yeah, her saying that makes me consider buying the PPV. That and Styles vs. Joe. Fuck.

Plus Monty vs Christian. Man, this fucking sucks. I know I can't afford it and I know I shouldn't consider buying it but god damn her she has made me want it.

Damn that Dixe Carter, damn her!

It's not right dammit! It's just not right!

The only things I could think of that fit that description on the poster would be Jarrett retiring after the ME, a new TV deal being announced (extension of the show length or contract), or that they'll be touring the country. Unless Jericho suddenly changed his mind about wrestling or they made some deal to have Lesnar appear on a show that doesn't take place in the US. I'm intrigued, I just hope it's not a fake "blockbuster".

As stated by many in the "10 things I'd change in TNA right now" thread, TNA should shave down to 6-8 ppv's a year. The ppv market is too saturated right now. MMA (UFC in particular) is on the rise, boxing is always gonna be there, and WWE has 180,000 or more buys for their monthly ppv's. TNA isn't established enough yet to keep up the pace of a ppv a month and still be profitable. They need to get out of this mentality that if you are a pro wrestling company, that you need to be running a ppv a month. Just because WWE can do it and be successful, doesn't mean that success will translate to you.

Guest [censored]
As stated by many in the "10 things I'd change in TNA right now" thread, TNA should shave down to 6-8 ppv's a year. The ppv market is too saturated right now. MMA (UFC in particular) is on the rise, boxing is always gonna be there, and WWE has 180,000 or more buys for their monthly ppv's. TNA isn't established enough yet to keep up the pace of a ppv a month and still be profitable. They need to get out of this mentality that if you are a pro wrestling company, that you need to be running a ppv a month. Just because WWE can do it and be successful, doesn't mean that success will translate to you.

I think 9 would be a good number, allowing TNA to skip the months that have Wrestlemania, the royal rumble and summerslam. However revenue is revenue and that would only make sense if tna was able to recover it somehow,

I want to buy the ppv...but I just bought the last two, and it's really just not smart to buy them every month. They would be more significant if they were every other month + 2 extras (8 total)

Guest [censored]

I think the suprise has to be something along the lines of additional TV time either with specials or extra time or something like touring.

I don't think it will be something like Jericho or Brock because A) why not announce now and get the extra attention for PPV buys and B) How does something like that stay secret? I don't think it can. Therefore the news has to be something in house that TNA completely controls.

On an unrelated note, Dixie's hot!

And on topic, I am completely stumped as to what it might be and I am definately interested. I've been getting into TNA a bit in the last few months, downloading matches (I'm from Australia, so it's a bit hard to watch it on TV) and there's just this really good vibe I get from them, a real positive energy from the shows.

I think it's a good thing that we are all wanting to know what TNA does next!

Guest Bulwark
TNA Impact this past Saturday scored a 0.8 rating with a rise in demographics from recent weeks with the series garnering a 0.9 with Males 18-49 and a 1.0 with Males 18-34. The show captured an average audience of 1,019,000 viewers. -PWI

I don't think the surprise is a wrestler... If it was they'd call it an major aquisition, like they did with the Captain. My guess is they're gonna start touring or they're getting a better timeslot.

Well after Jericho (supposedly) sent that email to Meltzer about the lowrider angle, I wouldn't be surprised to see him join his friend in TNA.

Dixie tells MNM they are getting a scoop as there might be a major add on to this weekends TNA PPV Turning Point that will "change the face of the wrestling business." Dixie goes on to say that if things go as planned, this will be the best TNA PPV in the companies history!

Obviously NOT going to be touring. Sheesh.

I bet the big announce will be something like "TNA is happy to announce that we now have a new line of toys that will be sold at Wal*Mart" or Sharkboy and Lava Girl vs Jackie Gayda & Charlie Haas will be the free match for the PPV.

TNA fans better hope to God it's a better time slot. They'll lose their ass if they tour. Pro wrestling as a whole is cold and it would be monumentally stupid to tour right now. Wait until the market heats up and then put yourself out there.