TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Foshi

Armageddon Predictions

Randy Orton vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match)

-Logic would dictate Orton, but you really never know when Taker's involved.

World Heavyweight Champion Batista & Rey Mysterio vs. World Tag Team Champions Big Show & Kane

-I could see this going either way, but for some reason I'm sensing the feel-good Batista/Rey victory.

WWE Tag Team Champions MNM vs. Psicosis & Super Crazy

-Not sure at all. I think they could get something good out of this feud though.

Booker T vs. Chris Benoit

-Benoit better win. The end.

I'm also hoping they add Juvi and Kid Kash.

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker: Orton wins. If he's getting a ME push, he absolutely cannot lose this match. He's looked like a bitch for most of the feud, so I say Orton exorcises his demons and beats UT with an RKO (possibly sold with another back bump). I also wouldn't be surprised to see Orton take a big bump off the cell here either.

Batista and Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show and Kane: Could go either way. SD's been getting most of the big interbrand wins, but since Rey's been getting the shit beat out of him lately, I'll say Team SD wins. Batista's still very protected, so I'm sure they won't let Show and Kane go over the World champ, especially when he's not even injured in kayfabe.

Mexicools vs. MNM: I'll have to see how this plays out this week, but right now I'm leaning towards new champs giving all the Mexicools gold. Although if MNM looks bad again next week, they could win with interferrence from Melina and prolong the feud. Should be a good match.

Booker T vs. Chris Benoit: Karma for the OJ feud? A Red Sox like comeback from Benoit would be too predictable and he really doesn't belong in the US division, especially with a thin ME scene. I'll make the bold prediction that Booker sweeps the series, leading to a Benoit doubting himself angle, and eventual rebound to success.

This is today?

Nope. Turning Point is today, Armageddon is on next week.

As far as prediction go I'll say Benoit over Booker, considering it's 3-0 at the moment, and Orton should go over Undertaker clean and send Taker packing forever.

Guest DuDe

Randy Orton vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match) -

Taker goes over, just because I doubt he'll job to Orton two PPV's in a row. Actually, even if Taker jobs this one there's no way in hell he jobs clean.

World Heavyweight Champion Batista & Rey Mysterio vs. World Tag Team Champions Big Show & Kane -

I say Kane and Big Show go over. WWE is pushing them as some sort of an unstoppable team, having them both job to a crippled Batista and a Mexican "just a few inches taller than a midget" (I don't mind Rey Rey myself, but you see where I'm coming from, right?) just doesn't make sense to me.

WWE Tag Team Champions MNM vs. Psicosis & Super Crazy -

This could definitely go either way, but I think that the strap will be put on the Mexicools, they appear to be more over with the crowd.

Booker T vs. Chris Benoit -

An obvious win by Benoit.

Whoa, only a week away and only FOUR matches booked? Great incentive to order the PPV, WWE. I guess they're counting on the Cell bringing in all the buys.

Common sense would have Orton winning, as they want to get him over as a major heel, but I'm not seeing it, because I doubt Taker will lay down for Orton again in yet another high-profile gimmick match. Plus Orton's been booked to look like a chump in this feud anyway.

The Raw vs. Smackdown tag, eh......depends upon whether they want to protect all four guys. If so, I can see this ending in a DQ win for SD, with maybe Kane & Big Show going crazy and getting themselves disqualified. Let's hope there's no more shameless exploitation of Eddy during the match.

Mexicools probably over MNM as they want to push the Mexicools.

Benoit over Booker T. Does anyone care about this series? They've been working some good matches with each other, but I'm just not feeling it.

Guest Duncan Eternia

HIAC: Orton vs. Taker

-I'm guessing Orton goes over due to outside interference. Boogeyman turns and costs Taker the match, setting up a supernatural Rumble match (AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!) I hope I'm wrong.

Juvi vs. Kid Kash

-Going with Kash on this one. Don't know why, maybe just to give the CW title some attention once in a while.

MNM vs. Mexicools

-Going with a non-decision here, or maybe something cheap like a DQ or count-out. This could be a potentially good feud that I can see extended to Rumble time.

Rey & Big Dave vs. Kane & Show

-SD has been ahead of Raw in wins so I'm going with Kane & Show. Maybe they will do something to further "injure" Batista as a means of giving him some time off.

Benoit vs. Booker T

-As dumb as it is, I think WWE is going with the 3-3 match comeback by Benoit, so he goes over in this one.

Other Stuff:

I see WWE adding another match or two. Probably something with Lashley to keep his run going. Lashley vs. Regal? Also, a Boogeyman squash match maybe be put on here.

Edited by Duncan Eternia

Benoit over Booker T. Does anyone care about this series? They've been working some good matches with each other, but I'm just not feeling it.

Benoit and Booker T have had way too many matches against each other. Not only that, but Booker T and Benoit have never really clicked well, either. It doesn't help that Booker T's offense is boring, though.

I hope Kid Kash vs. Juvi for the Cruiserweight title happens at Armageddon so there won't just be only four matches.

Guest DuDe
Boogeyman turns and costs Taker the match, setting up a supernatural Rumble match (AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!) I hope I'm wrong.

Hahahaha, that can be the most hilarious match ever. Both are complete no-sellers, and they would battle for all eternity.

Apparently this week on SD Batista/Rey are fighting MNM with the titles on the line, so if they win, it'll be champs vs. champs at Armageddon. However, the Mexicools already won the number one contendership for Armageddon in that big tag team battle royal, and what would MNM/Mexicools do without the titles on the line? So for this match, I'll predict interference by either JBL or Big Show/ Kane, leading to the champs retaining.

Guest Coffey

Orton will beat 'Taker then go on to win the Rumble and "headline" 'Mania against Batista.

I'm assuming that Batista/Rey will win since it's a Smackdown PPV.

Benoit will win because there's zero reason to do a sweep.

No reason to put the titles on the Mexicools so MNM should retain.

Benoit will win because there's zero reason to do a sweep.

In all honesty, I hope Booker sweeps him...or at least puts him away prior to the 7th match. I hate how best of 7 programs always go down to the wire.

So if they do OJ/JBL who's the face? I could see Lashley vs JBL with Lashley getting the win after OJ distracts JBL.

Maybe fill out the card with...

Spot #30 in the Royal Rumble

JBL vs Lashley

Cruiserweight Championship

Juvi vs Kid Kash

"Smackdown Showcase"

10-Man Tag Match

LOD, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Matt Hardy vs The Dicks, Regal, Burchill, Nunzio

This PPV reminds me of WWF Breakdown (1998) where for weeks, the only match on the card was the main event of Austin/Taker/Kane. And then, at the last moment, they added Rock/Shamrock/Mankind in a cage and Jarrett/Southern Justice vs. X-Pac/NAO and then a bunch of random matches like Owen Hart/Edge, Gangrel/D'Lo, and Mero/Droz.

http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/ppv/ppv/iyh24.html

Edited by CBright7831

No doubt that Vince will add the CW title match, a PPv debut match for the Boogeyman, another one for Lashley and they'll include JBL. Hopefully, Matt doesn't get left out.

This PPV reminds me of WWF Breakdown (1998) where for weeks, the only match on the card was the main event of Austin/Taker/Kane. And then, at the last moment, they added Rock/Shamrock/Mankind in a cage and Jarrett/Southern Justice vs. X-Pac/NAO and then a bunch of random matches like Owen Hart/Edge, Gangrel/D'Lo, and Mero/Droz.

The cage match rocked and it's when others started sharing my love for The Rock. Also, Owen/Edge was good, even if it did mark Edge's first loss.

The cage match rocked and it's when others started sharing my love for The Rock. Also, Owen/Edge was good, even if it did mark Edge's first loss.

Agreed. That cage match was great. I think Mankind walloped Ken Shamrock with a brutal chair shot. The Rock was really over during the match.

Agreed. That cage match was great. I think Mankind walloped Ken Shamrock with a brutal chair shot. The Rock was really over during the match.

The finish, with Mankind almost down to the floor before The Rock ended up pinning Shamrock, was pretty cool as well.

Also, http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=75791 ;)

You know, I think the best of 7 would've been more exciting with stipulations. Like maybe do the first 4 matches as regular one fall and then Long decides each match that happens afterwards will be a stipulation announced at the start of the match. Then they could finish match 6 tied and it be announced that match 7 will happen at the Rumble in a ladder match. All the one fall matches kinda gets old.

You know, I think the best of 7 would've been more exciting without Booker T in it.

I agree. Booker T is just dead weight these days, but Benoit could easily carry himself to a ***+ affair, if not a potential match of the year.

Guest clockworkraven

You know, I think the best of 7 would've been more exciting without Booker T in it.

I agree. Booker T is just dead weight these days, but Benoit could easily carry himself to a ***+ affair, if not a potential match of the year.

I want to see him headbutt himself until he bleeds.

I thought Match #2 was ***+. Probably the best Booker/Benoit match I've seen, made by Benoit nearly killing himself on the failed apron German.

I really don't want this series to go 7, because both guys are being wasted in the feud.

For some reason I actually think UT will win the HIAC match. If Orton is going to ME then he can easily get back whatever heat (heat??) he needs by winning the Rumble next month. I'd have Cowboy screw up and lead to a UT win and then Randy turns on his dad the next week on Smackdown.

The Boogeyman run in also came to mind but I think he's actually a face isn't he?

with the way the whole Orton/UT fued has been going ever since Summerslam, if Orton loses at Armageddon, it's curtains for that dude, no one will ever take him as a serious contender anymore...if they want him to be a credible threat to Batista at WM, if that's still the plan, he HAS to go over UT, period.

Follow that up next week with Randy RKOing his dad for extra measure.

Edited by Black Lushus

I'll be at Armageddon on Sunday and I'll be honest, the only reason I'm going is to see Hell in a Cell live. I can say I saw it live, you know? Not really for the match itself, but just the cage lol.

Benoit-Booker should be alright.

the CW match should be decent.

If Matt Hardy wrestles at Armageddon, who would he wrestle? Is really feuding with anyone?