TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coffey

TNA Turning Point

Was the match as good or better than their last TNA encounter?

Not even close to being as good. AJ was brutal tonight, and the match was either not booked or called as well as it could have.

Funy thing is, that table didn't even break during the Gore.

Both men have the count of 10 to get to the ring.

I noticed that when they showed the other camera view. LOL

This was definitely a fun show. No major shock but a great show. Abyss is definitely hardcore after running into the wire and not protecting himself. The only problem I had was Monty/Christian was a 'contender's match' and with Sting returning, they'll still be in the undercard.

Guest Bulwark

I'm glad I didn't order it just for the big surprise... I'd be punching the fucking wall right now. That was soooo fucking anti-climactic. Have they learned nothing from WCW?

Joe VS. Styles alone was worth the 30 bucks.

The rest was good too... Even the main event was good until all the run ins and shit. Jarrett must be stopped. Where's the DC sniper when you need him...

Guest hasbeen

There's probably not a good way of measuring but I'm betting many average fans still remember Jarrett from his WCW and WWF days, some of the old timers even from the Memphis days and watch TNA in part to see him "get his" eventually. Even if you don't like him there's no reason to let one part of the show drag down everything even if he is carrying the belt. I'd probably have him lower down the card, "upper middle" maybe is the best way I'd describe it-not quite main or semi-main but not an opener either and yes, an eventual loss to someone climbing the ladder. And bringing in Sting is a good decision, same reasons as what I said at the start of this only as the face.

Heenan was alright, he made a few funny jokes. His voice being like it is, makes it hard to understand him sometimes, so he can probably never be a regular commentator.

Maybe WWE can hire him to feed lines to Lawler.

Guest Coffey

This PPV let me down. I'd say about on par with Bound for Glory. Joe/Styles is worth watching. I can't believe after all the things pulled out in the undercard tag match that Bentley just wins with a fucking superkick.

Funy thing is, that table didn't even break during the Gore.

Both men have the count of 10 to get to the ring.

I noticed that when they showed the other camera view. LOL

This was definitely a fun show. No major shock but a great show. Abyss is definitely hardcore after running into the wire and not protecting himself. The only problem I had was Monty/Christian was a 'contender's match' and with Sting returning, they'll still be in the undercard.

That's what I was thinking. It's like how Monty "won" a title shot and never received it. I mean, I think Monty Brown sucks at wrestling, but that shit annoys me.

I enjoyed the show all night. Joe vs Styles was indeed better than their first encounter just from watching it. I didn't analyze it for selling, facial expressions, steps taken before delivering a kick, etc. But I enjoyed it. Jarrett and Rhino busted their asses and had a pretty decent match. The x-tag could have been better, but it held my attention. The barbwire massacre wasn't as brutal as I expected, but still good nonetheless. Now onto the surprise...I'm a big Sting fan and still think he's capable and am looking forward to his run in TNA, but after building up a surprise as an EVENT that will change the face of TNA...it was a bit underwhelming. Had Sting appeared in the ring and beat the living shit out of Jarrett, leaving him a bloody pulp in the middle of the ring, then...that would have been good enough. Hopefully they pick it up with Sting, and build up and advertise his debut for a few weeks since I assume they are going for extra ratings with the way they started his arrival.

Guest Coffey

Joe/Styles was certainly not as good as their first encounter. In fact, I'd say it was a little sloppy. Still worth watching but it didn't even hit four star.

Joe/Styles was significantly better than their first, which was way too even and just a glorified spotfest. The roles and structure in this match were far better, and it made it way more fun to watch. In the first match, they were blowing off moves like nobody's business, and just tried to cram as much into 14 minutes as humanly possible. The pacing was much better this time, and for once AJ wasn't insistent on going totally even with his opponent. The only weak spot was after the lariat where something went wrong with the pin, I think AJ forgot what was supposed to be next. Still, as far as AJ matches goes this was his best singles match in such a long time. Better than the Strong match at ROH, which was his best of the year up until that point. Maybe his best since the London match.

Joe/Styles was significantly better than their first, which was way too even and just a glorified spotfest. The roles and structure in this match were far better, and it made it way more fun to watch. In the first match, they were blowing off moves like nobody's business, and just tried to cram as much into 14 minutes as humanly possible. The pacing was much better this time, and for once AJ wasn't insistent on going totally even with his opponent. The only weak spot was after the lariat where something went wrong with the pin, I think AJ forgot what was supposed to be next. Still, as far as AJ matches goes this was his best singles match in such a long time. Better than the Strong match at ROH, which was his best of the year up until that point. Maybe his best since the London match.

I agree completely.

So, I'm guessing Jarrett retains. What was the finish?

Who announced the signing of sting? how was that done?

Edited by Carnival

A Chair, his robe, and a bat appeared in the ring after the lights went down

I can see no reason why one would complain at all about this show. It was fun, it delivered, and certaintly was a better time than any recent wwe offering.

Theyre being brutal with each other just to get over.

And Joe/AJ was BETTER than the last one.

From what I heard, fans were chanting "what a rip off." Strange way to end the show, with Sting not even appearing. I guess that's just b/c they want to spike (no pun intended) TV viewership.

Hell, Sting's contract is for 2006, so of course he cant come in yet.

But you know, I thought it was a great way to tease us.

--FYI

Style's kickouts after 1 were part of the story. It made a hell of alot of sense and definitely fit into the match.

This was a MOTY contender, a very excellent match.

Edited by Stephen Joseph

I can't believe I'm saying this

wrestlemania 21 < turning point

I thought Aj vs Joe was the best match I've ever seen but what do I know :?

Well I dunno about that. I mean Turning Point had some great stuff on it that I liked a lot (Barbed Wire, Styles/Joe) but WM had Michaels/Angle and the Money in the Bank so the edge would certainly go to WM.

I watched the 3 way from Unbreakable that Meltzer gave ***** and frankly I thought this Styles/Joe singles match was better than that one. But then I feel a great singles match will always be better than a 3 way.

Guest Coffey
I thought AJ Vs. Joe was the best match I've ever seen but what do I know?
I know you need to watch more wrestling. Did you see Unbreakable?

I watched the 3 way from Unbreakable that Meltzer gave ***** and frankly I thought this Styles/Joe singles match was better than that one.
*slaps head* I didn't think the Unbreakable 3-way was five star but it still blew this match out of the water.

Not sure how it works, but I just wanted to watch the preshow and somehow I ended up actually ordering it. I was pleasently surprised by the show. I found it very entertaining. The only let down in my book was Jarret retaining the belt and the "surprise" return of Sting.