TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theintensifier

The verses thread

I saw this on a comic book forum. They weren't very smart. So, I thought I'd bring it to TSM instead, where the IQ level is far beyond 120ish.

Anyway, I'll start this thread off with a fight I have always wanted to see:

Daredevil vs. Batman:

386px-Daredevil41.jpg

Everyone knows that Daredevil is blind. But, for his lack of sight, his other senses pick up the slack. They are super-human, far beyond normal capacities. He has a radar sense. His hearing is so fine tuned, he can hear a pin drop from a block away and even your heart beating (helps him know who's who), he can smell things farther away then most animals, and his sense of touch is beyond super-human. He's an expert martial artist, and his acrobatic skills are matched by none. The man without fear.

200px-Batman-JimLee2.jpg

He is a normal human being who does not possess any superhuman abilities. He has elevated himself to near-superhuman status through years of rigorous training - eventually, he became an exceptional escape artist, master of hand-to-hand combat/martial arts, acrobatics, bodybuilding, science, technology, disguises, criminology and detective skills. Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, criminal scientist, tactician, and commander; he is widely regarded as one of the keenest analytical minds on the planet and possesses an eidetic memory. Given his lack of superpowers, he often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than "out-fighting" them. Superman considers Batman "the most dangerous man on Earth."

Who would take the fight ?

I thought it was versus, dammit. To late to edit.

Good point on Batman though, he does always win. I'm sure Wolverine could take him though.

I'll post a new one tomorrow.

So, I thought I'd bring it to TSM instead, where the IQ level is far beyond 120ish.
Says the guy who misspelled 'versus.'

Just joking :D

But yeah, it's pointless to include Batman in any of these. I mean, Batman always wins. It's now ingrained into pop-culture continuity that Batman can win a fight against anyone. And I mean ANYONE. Superman, Doomsday, Galactus, the Sun, anyone.

But seriously, without the rediculous 'Batman can beat anyone' bias, I still believe he could beat Daredevil becasue, as someone else said, he'd use Daredevil's super sensitive senses against him. With Batman it all comes don to how much preparation he can do, and whether he has a contingency plan for if he ever has to go up against whomever it is. Like he could take Wolverine if he knew he was coming and had the time to build or get ahold of a giant electromagnet.

Haha, yeah. I made myself look half-retarded. More like, 1/4 retarded. But still.

That's awesome, a huge electromagnet ! Awesomeness.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Since Daredevil has heightened senses (touch being one of them), doe it hurt him more when he gets hit?

Anyone who is relatively human, Batman can beat him. Batman's whole gimmick is being just 'too clever' and having the equipment to beat anyone. Given prep time, he's shown that he can beat Superman (Dark Knight Returns. Admittedly, both weren't in their prime, but it was one of the greatest fights in comic book history). Wolverine can be disabled with things like gas bombs. He's great at finding weaknesses and exploiting them.

A few good ones (Though used way too often):

Thanos vs. Darkseid

Dr. Doom vs. Lex Luthor

Magneto vs. Green Lantern

Darkseid would own Thanos.

Dr. Doom vs. Luthor would be a never ending battle where neither guy ever truly wins.

I ain't touching the Magneto one. Logically, GL should be able to win, but Marvel writers have bumped up Magneto's power to ridicules levels in recent years to allow him to be able to manipulate traces of iron in people's blood, fly through space unprotected, alter the Earth's entire magnetic field, and have alter sales figures to make himself the center of multiple shitty company-wide crossovers.

Darkseid would decimate Thanos, no question about it.

I have faith Dr. Doom would make Luthor look like a new born baby fighting Chuck Norris.

It depends what Green Lantern is involved. If it's Kyle, he's toast. Hal Jordan wouldn't back down, and never quit. Also depends on what Magneto. Fatal Attractions Magneto would be the toughest one to take down in my opinion.

Deathstroke the Terminator.

Here's what he can do:

Superhuman mental capacity, near instantaneous reflexes, regeneration (healing factor, even from death), immortal, super strength, stamina, artificial eye sees in infrared vision, martial-arts expert, expert marksmen.

THE bad-ass bad guy in DC comics.

Depends if its a fight to the death or not. Deathstroke would easily disable Wolvie then probably run away and regroup.

If it was a fight to the death however, unless Deathstroke knows of Wolvies limitations, he hasn't got alot going for him.

I have faith in my boy Wolverine. However, Deathstroke would beat the shit out of him pretty good.

Here's one:

Superman vs Juggernaut.

I may be biased, but I think Juggernaut would win. I mean, what's Superman gonna do? Sure, he probably could rip his helmet off, but he doesn't have telepathic powers, so there's not much he could do beyond that.

Plus, Juggernaut's powers are magical in nature, and isn't Superman vunerable to magic? Or at least, isn't magic capable of injuring Superman?

I think more of Superman's weakness of magic is more along the lines of spells being cast against him. I think Superman would win, as his abilities are more varied than just being strong.

Batman

Vs

Spider-Man

Here is one of the only fights where I think Bats loses. Spidey can avoid even the most clever plans with the use of Spider-Sense, and is easily his physical superior.

Bats will beat Wolverine any time, unless the set-up is totally in Wolverine's favor (totally flat playing area)

Also, just as a question, hasn't Deathstroke beaten Bats mulriple times?

I'm assuming you;re talking Thanos w/o the infinity Gauntlets. IN which case, yeah Darkseid kills him.

Doom beats Luthor because they're essentially equals (I'm assuming Luthor's in his armor) but Doom has MAGIC~!

Prometheus vs. Taskmaster?

Vision vs. Martian Manhunter?

Green Arroe vs. Punisher?

Superman may have more powers then just that, but which ones will work against Juggernaut?

I don't think heat vision would do much, since Juggs is virtually immune to everything. Cold breath likewise wouldn't work, because the Juggernaut cannot be stopped (I would assume that, if Superman is vunerable to magic spells, a magic spell cast on the Juggernaut would be able to override Superman's powers) so he couldn't freeze him in place or blow him away. Superman's flight and super-speed would give him something of a tactical advantage, but I still don't think that would be enough to enable him to beat Juggernaut, since Supes really can't exploit his only weakness.

I mean, I suppose Superman could pick up Juggernaut and throw him into outer space, but that's the only way I can see him taking the fight. And that would be pretty damned hard in and of itself.

But like I said, I'm biased and think Juggernaut is one of the best villians ever.

EDIT: So I'm looking on Wikipedia (possibly not the best source, but I don't know a good DC bios page) and it says, essentially, that magic that enhances normally occuring stuff is no worse to Superman then anything else. This explains how he was able to defeat Thor in combat. However, it also says that magic that is totally against the physical laws of nature affects Superman the same way it would affect anyone else.

I think what that means is that Superman's invunerability would enable him to battle Juggernaut without getting destroyed, but he wouldn't be able to stop the Juggernaut (cuz being unstoppable is against the laws of physics, methinks).

Edited by The Metal Maniac

Punisher/Green Arrow is pretty much evenly matched, with Castle having a slight advantage in the hand-to-hand combat training. However, he does have a habit of going nuts.

So he'd create a wall of ice in front of Juggs? He'd just walk through it.

Maybe a big fire? He'd walk through that too.

Pick up a water tower, make a big hole, toss Juggs in the hole and fill it with water? He'd climb out.

Put a mountain in front of him? He'd go through it (sure it'd take a while, but he'd do it).

Like, honestly, I'm not trying to be a dick, but what could Superman do that could effectively defeat Juggernaut?

Those types of things would slow Juggernaut down.

I do see the fight winding up similar to Superman's fights with Doomsday, with the two of them beating the hell out of each other.

Either that, or Superman would use voodoo powers like these:

1027_4_098.jpg

Juggernaut and Superman would be one clash to remember. Superman wouldn't lose though, cause he's Superman, of course. Realistically, Superman would lose, badly. Juggernaut cannot be stopped, and once he's moving, nothing can stop him (there's a few cases where he's been stopped, Onslaught for one, the re-vamped Hulk as War, and I'm sure Galactus could stop him dead in his tracks.) He's probably the strongest known person in the Marvel universe, not including cosmic beings like Galactus and the Living Tribunal. I've always thought Juggernaut was far more stronger than the Hulk.

Taken from Wikipedia: "Aside from his incredible strength, the Juggernaut's body possessed an extraordinary degree of invulnerability to injury, allowing him to trade blows with some of the strongest heroes of the Marvel Universe. The Juggernaut could withstand high powered energy blasts, falls from great heights, exposure to temperatures greater than that of the surface of the Sun, exposure to vaccum environments, etc. without sustaining even the slightest injury The Juggernaut could increase his invulnerability to even higher levels by generating a mystical forcefield around his body. This field was sufficient to enable him to withstand powerful energy blasts from beings as powerful as the Silver Surfer, multiple blows from Thor's hammer, and Wolverine's adamantium claws. The mystical energies that flowed through his body were more than sufficient to sustain him. The Juggernaut no longer needed to eat, drink, or even breathe and could survive indefinitely in a vacuum."

That means he's unbeatable. If Superman threw him into space, he'd survive. Juggernaut would just pummel Superman to death, like Doomsday did, and like how the Hulk would too.

The Punisher would kill the Green Arrow. Simple as that.

Prometheus and the Taskmaster would be a great fight. Taskmaster has Captain America's, Wolverine's, Spider-Man's, Daredevil's, Punisher's, and Elektra's fighting styles memorized. Pretty impressive. But as soon as he started fighting Prometheus, Prometheus would know them too ! And, Prometheus knows Batman's fighting style, so Taskmaster could memorize that as well. Holy shit. This would be a awesome fight.

Martian Manhunter would win, it'd be close though.

I don't know if Deathstroke has beaten Batman or not. I'm sure he could though.

Oh for God's sake, it's SUPERMAN. Does anyone really think that he'd have trouble with Juggernaut? I mean Juggernaut's tough and all, but he's kinda B-list to be giving Superman issues. He's no Doomsday, and hell, Superman defeated him (er, so it was kinda a tainted victory since Supes died and all).

As for Deathstroke vs Wolverine? Deathstroke's my boy and I love him, but I give this one to Wolverine.