TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Showcase

Mega Man X Collection

I told you x6 sucks.

And x5 started the trend of extremely forgiving checkpoints. In x4, if you run out of lives you'll start back at either the beginning of the level or the mid-level checkpoint.

In x5 and x6, there are multiple checkpoints you can continue from regardless of the lives you have.

X6 is still better than the 3D X games.

they should have put Xtreme 1 and 2 on there instead of crappy Battle and Chase. God it's so bad.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Huh. I was really looking forward to this one, but from reading the responses here, something tells me I'm not missing much anymore. :blink:

So, am I the only person who didn't know that the Boomerang Cutter can be used to cut off Launch Octopus' tentacles *and* Flame Mammoth's trunk?

Nope.

Hey, whether ot not MMX5 and X6 suck (I haven't tried them yet) X through X4 are all great/good games.

And yeah, there's no fancy crap, but still, it's friggin' Mega Man X! I could play that game 5 times in a row and not get bored.

Played a little bit of MMX4 over the last couple of nights and I've been impressed. I have no idea about what the right order of beating the bosses was, but I beat Frost Walrus, gave up trying to be Flame Dragoon, and then went and beat Jet Stingray. Finally, I figured out that you can take the robot mech suit into the battle with Flame Dragoon, which is a nice little quirk in the stage design.

Guest InuYasha

I bought X4 as one of the first two games when I got my PS1. The other game was Parasite Eve, but I digress. I rented X5, because I had been hearing some bad things about it. That game was so awful, I actually returned it early. I didn't even bother renting X6 when it came out. When I found out about X7 for the PS2, I ended buying it when it had been dropped to $30. I still feel a little cheated. I traded it in after about two months.

In my opinion, X2 was the best out of all of them, and X4 is the only one worth playing after the Super NES generation. It's like how after MM4 on the NES, the quality and plots just started to slide. MM7 was decent, but MM8 was almost a joke.

You know, I have to wonder now:

We've gotten a collection of the Classic Megaman games...

We've gotten a collection of the X Series...

We MAY get a collection of the Game Boy Megaman games (Hell, since they're taking forever, toss in Xtreme 1 and 2)...

So, next up...a collection of the three Legends games (Legends 1 & 2 and Mis-adventures of Tron Bonne)?

I haven't played this game much, but I noticed the games are a lot harder than the original Mega Man titles. I would beat at least one game on MMAC every day, but I can't even pass fucking Sting Chameleon on MMX1.

Tron Bonne was awesome.

However, the PSP is getting the MML games, while Tron Bonne so far has not been announced.

Hey, they released the X Collection while releasing the "Maverick Hunter X" series...so a collection with all three games as well as a PSP version wouldn't hurt, IMO.

Especially since, at this time, I don't have any MAJOR plans to get a PSP.

I haven't played this game much, but I noticed the games are a lot harder than the original Mega Man titles. I would beat at least one game on MMAC every day, but I can't even pass fucking Sting Chameleon on MMX1.

You just suck. Use Boomerang Cutter, foo' - he's amazingly easy.

And I've always found the originals to be more difficult. Some of those Wiley castles were obscene; especially that one where you start with two weapon energy capsules, yet you're better off not taking them, trying to fight the boss once, losing, then taking them when you come back. Course, I did find them easier then I recalled when playing them on the AC.

You just suck. Use Boomerang Cutter, foo' - he's amazingly easy.

And I've always found the originals to be more difficult. Some of those Wiley castles were obscene; especially that one where you start with two weapon energy capsules, yet you're better off not taking them, trying to fight the boss once, losing, then taking them when you come back. Course, I did find them easier then I recalled when playing them on the AC.

The Wily castles are the only challenging part of the originals.

And I don't have the Boomerang Cutter. I'm going by recommended order, which is Chill Penguin, Flame Mammoth, Storm Eagle, and then Sting Chameleon.

That order sucks. Chill-Storm-Flame-Spark-Armoured-Launch-Boomer-Sting is the way to go.

Sure, you don't get the armour until the end, but you have the X-Buster, Helmet and Boots about as fast as you can get them, and you don't need to backtrack to do it. Course, you need to backtrack to get a sub (as you need the cutter to get it) but I'd say it's a fair trade-off.

That order sucks. Chill-Storm-Flame-Spark-Armoured-Launch-Boomer-Sting is the way to go.

Sure, you don't get the armour until the end, but you have the X-Buster, Helmet and Boots about as fast as you can get them, and you don't need to backtrack to do it. Course, you need to backtrack to get a sub (as you need the cutter to get it) but I'd say it's a fair trade-off.

Or, for the armor, you could do what I do and that's get the armor, then kill yourself off to continue.

X6 is the best in the collection. The difficulty is so ridiculous at times, it's awesome. It's like the game has a grudge against humanity. And the Sigma stuff at the end was hilarious, like they acknowledge he was just tacked on for the sake of it, it was good to have a Sigma-less storyline for once.

It also has the best music.

The Metal Blade was the best Robot Master weapon ever, though, which more than made up for it.

Oh, I agree; I was just pointing out that the most useless weapon in any given Mega Man game tends to be the one you *need*.

I disagree. I don't think Bubble Lead was more useless than the Leaf Shield, which I'm pretty sure was ineffective on every boss.

If I recall correctly, Leaf Shield can take out Air Man. Plus it's handy for levels like Crash Man's, when you have to ride some platforms.

And the first level of Wily's fortress...where those birds drop the eggs with the smaller birds in it.

Retronauts Episode 26 - 05/31/2007

A Mega Man-centric episode with Ray Barnholt, Scott Sharkey, Chris Kohler and Jenn Frank. Much love is also lavished upon ActRaiser!

Download the Podcast: Audio

Ray needs to quit all the ******* ****ing swearing, but aside from that you've got lots of interesting discussion on the series. 1up's had some great coverage and overviews of the series on their website.

Jeremy Parish also has a nice tribute up on his blog about Mega Man Legends, along with some (perhaps futile) hopes that Mega Man Legends 3 will one day be made:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=816608...cUserId=5379721

I gave up after Mega Man X 6.

I got around to playing Mega Man X on the PSP. It's pretty fun. I didn't mind it being in 3D and I like all the new stuff they added, including the anime cutscenes.