TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I was actually thinking about doing a list of the best Super Bowl highlights by NFL Films...and The Onion AV Club of all places beats me to it:

Inventory: The XII Greatest Super Bowl Highlight Films

Heavy on the John Facenda ones which I'd agree with as all NFL Films stuff just doesn't have the same feel as when he was doing the narrative. They left off my favorite which was Super Bowl XVI. "Not only were the Bengals fighthing the fired up 49ers, they had to deal with another enemy...the clock." The worst had to be Super Bowl XIX, the first without Facenda, which had this lame ass Super Bowl theme music they played at the start of it. I wish I could find the lyrics to that.

Wow, it's almost my nightmare Sports Reporters this morning...Dan LeBatard AND Screamin A. Smith.

Woody Paige + Bayless + LeBatard + Smith would make the perfect Around the Horn....hell make Stu Scott the host.

Anyone wondering what ex-Phillies catcher Darren Daulton has been up to? Even if you weren't this pretty damn funny, or sad depending on your perspective. He's pretty much lost his mind.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...rren/index.html

"I've been thrown in jail five or six times," Daulton says from his home in Tampa. "Nicole thinks I'm crazy. She blames everything on drugs and drinking. But I don't take drugs and I'm not a drunk. Nicole just doesn't understand metaphysics."

"I didn't have my first out-of-body experience until I was 35," he says. Curiously, the epiphany occurred at one of baseball's holiest shrines -- Wrigley Field. "I hit a line-drive just inside the third base line to help win a game," he recalls. "The strange thing was I didn't hit that ball. I never hit balls inside the third base line!"

He left the ballpark in tears. "I told my wife, 'It wasn't me who swung that bat! It wasn't me!'" he says. "She thought I was Looney Tunes."

The Mayan calendar stops at Dec. 21, 2012 -- the date the Mayans believed the world would end," he says. "On that day, at 11:11 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time, those who are ready to ascend will vanish from this plane of existence, like the crew of the Enterprise in Star Trek."

Interesting fact I did not realize until i heard it this morning: In the World Series, NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals, a road team has not won Game 7 since the '79 Pittsburgh Pirates

Kobayashi just set the world record again with 54 hot dogs.

I thought it was funny they were calling the eaters athletes and comparing them to Joe Dimaggio(yes they really did).

I was wondering if all the hyperbole they did (Joey Chestnut...a true American hero) was them just being funny or if they were serious.

But seriously, how can someone eat so many hot dogs?

Wow, it's almost my nightmare Sports Reporters this morning...Dan LeBatard AND Screamin A. Smith.

Woody Paige + Bayless + LeBatard + Smith would make the perfect Around the Horn....hell make Stu Scott the host.

So I'm not the only one who hates Scott?

The Jonathan Coachman of ESPN....(although I don't hate the Coach that much, really).

Stuart Scott was all right when he first came out, but like Berman, his act got old and tired pretty fast, and now they are both parodies of themselves.

Unlike Kenny Mayne, who was NEVER funny.

Way too much E in ESPN, the height of which was that ridiculous prognostication about who is going to win the Super Bowl in 07. Utterly idiotic.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be an abundant clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!

Kenny Mayne>you

Stuart Scott was all right when he first came out, but like Berman, his act got old and tired pretty fast, and now they are both parodies of themselves.

Way too much E in ESPN, the height of which was that ridiculous prognostication about who is going to win the Super Bowl in 07. Utterly idiotic.

And on top of that they picked the Panthers again! They picked the Panthers last year! And the year before!

Maybe Berman will make his own picks and make his bold prediction of the Super Bowl being the 49ers vs the Bills.

For the 2 people that watch boxing did you see the Mosley/Vargas undercard match of Ponce de Leon/Lookyangtoy where the Thai fighter almost died in the ring? Sod Lookyangtoy was KTFO for nearly 2 minutes and was given oxygen to be revived in the ring!

Mosley vs Mayweather in the works?

In the "Where Are They Now?" file if you have Comcast SportsNet tune on the Toronto/Saskatchewan game right now as Eric Crouch has been forced into the game at quarterback for the Argos due to injuries. Ricky Williams was knocked out early tonight with an arm injury and he's been pretty stinky in the CFL so far.

How about Tiger Woods winning the British Open only a couple months after his father's death and Floyd Landis winning the Tour de France with a bad hip? Both great accomplishments. Woods is now tied with Walter Hagen for 2nd all-time with 11 majors. Jack has 18. I kind of wanted to see Sergio or DiMarco win their first. especially with the latter recently losing his mother, but I'll never complain about Tiger winning. Landis' win might be one of the greatest accomplishmets in American sports history.

I've hated DiMarco ever since he got pissed at a fan for quoting Caddyshack, after he had made a putt.

It was actually before he made the putt. The fan screamed out NOONAN! as Dimarco lined it up.

Anywhere else, it would have been fine for Dimarco to give security the "get him out" thumb jerk. But Saturday at Phoenix? All bets are off. DiMarco overreacted.

On the other hand, I think he's earned his way back into the good section of most golf fans after a few close calls in majors and superb play at the President's two years ago.

What did Landis do on Sunday? I'm not going to say "Did he just win the TDF?" But what makes this one bigger than another win?

What did Landis do on Sunday? I'm not going to say "Did he just win the TDF?" But what makes this one bigger than another win?

It's difficult to understand the magnitude without some knowledge of cycling. But...on Wednesday, Landis hit the wall going up the final mountain of the second stage in the Alps and lost ten minutes of time (10:00 with four stages left is the equivalent of being down, say, 5-0 in a hockey game with 5 minutes left in the third), enough that everyone who follows cycling conceded that he had no chance of winning the Tour. The very next day, he went off on a solo breakaway over all four mountains in the next stage and got all but 30 seconds of that time back. Normally, riders attack on the final hill -- attacking before they even reach the first hill is unheard of, practically suicidal.

It's probably the greatest ride in cycling history.

The reason that he hit the wall was because he didn't eat enough the night before. Also, he and his family are Mennonites, so the likelihood of him being a doper is slim.

It's ben ten fucking years since Bailey's double gold at the Atlanta Games.

The Score and Sportscentre have done good compilations of the greatest moments in Canadian sport.