TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Here's another link without the sex advertisements.

It's fake. Nice job of the gatorade people to make Elizer Alfonzo a left-handed catcher halfway through. What strikes me though is that in this scenario, that ball is in play. It's no different than Steve Bartman making a grab for the ball.

Are there any New Zealanders on the board? I think Rugby Union is done differently there than in Europe. All European sports seem to follow the same format.

But in NZ they have the Air New Zealand Cup, then they have players from designated provinces drawn for the Super 14 and then they have the national team the All-Blacks.

What I'm wondering is if any members of the All-Blacks compete in the Air NZ cup? Tri-Nations occurs when the Air NZ is being contested. I know some of them play in Super 14, but I'm wondering if when you become an All-Black you graduate beyond Air NZ and no longer need or are allowed to compete in it. I heard some of them still compete with clubs when they are allowed to or the coach deems it necessary for their development.

Just another difference in international sports that confuses me. I can't fathom someone being selected to USA Basketball and then only showing up for their NBA team sporadically or when the USA coach allows it.

Then again, America seems to be the only country in the world where things are done so much differently. Then again, we do everything differently.

It almost seems like ESPN employs the world's worst commentators to call the Hot Dog Eating Contest simply out of spite.

Yeah, it was. Unfortunately that little shit Nadal won but it was still a great match.

Yup I don't really give a shit about tennis either but that made for some great television. Glad it ended when it did because it was getting close to being suspended due to darkness.

Why women's golf sucks: They disqualify the one female golfer anybody gives a shit about (who was in second place, one shot back) because she walked out of a tent, walked back in and signed her scorecard instead of signing it before she left the tent. Stupid archaic rules. I wasn't going to watch anyway, but good lord when your viewer margin is that slim how big of a moron do you have to be to keep rules like that on the books?

Guest The Elements of Style

Women's golf sucks because it's a form of golf.

Golf falls into the category of you only watch it if you play it, doesn't it - like Chess.

Yeah, that is why IMO it gets more coverage than it deserves.

Since it appears that all sports reporters do in their spare time is play golf, they really like to talk about it when most of America doesn't give a crap about golf unless it involves Tiger Woods.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't think most of America gives a crap about golf, Tiger Woods or not.

I kind of feel this is the same way with poker. I don't care if it's on TV or not, but I like to play it on my own in my free time whether online or with my buddies, but watching it on TV is just, I don't know... seems to defeat the purpose, so to speak. I felt really weirded out when I see the WSOP and like these huge crowds hanging out to see the next hand.

I guess I should say, poker has a time and a place to be shown, and it's certainly more enjoyable than some stupid game or reality show, but not on ESPN.

Since I'm hell-bent on making sure the Run and Shoot is known...

Updated the Wikipedia Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_%26_Shoot

Included playbook notes, route notes, and updated the massive list of teams (complete with coaches when applicable).

Did you know that Mike Shanahan started off with the run and shoot from 1979-1983? That was partly why Dan Reeves hired him in 1984 with Denver. Mike Sherman also coached the run and shoot in 1988.

Weird question.

I have guys show up to rugby practice in the most random ass jerseys.

I swear I've had guys show up in Fiji national team jerseys, Scottish national team jerseys, various Super 14 teams and so on. And it's weird because some guys have multiple jerseys that should clash.

Like some guys have two opposing Super 14 teams or two different national team jerseys. I wonder if the barrier and the distance across the pond between us makes it ok to support multiple teams and wear multiple jerseys? I mean it's not like we get regular rugby on TV so we can't rabidly follow them.

Like maybe there's some guy in another country that can only catch NFL clips and he's got jerseys from 10 different teams.

For me personally I support individual players more, since I can only get clips and pick up on them. Like I want a France jersey and a Sale Sharks jersey because Sebastien Chabal plays for those teams. But, I also want a Hurricanes jersey because Tana Umaga used to play for them. And then it turns around that I want like every jersey from every team in the Guinness Premiership because they're just badass looking and I don't really know specific teams.

I dunno, wondering how the bandwagon rules work when you can barely watch the sport you're buying jerseys for.

Created This Post: http://dh523.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/nfl-coaching-trees/

I made a list of coaches with the head coaches they served under (Really wanted a deeper study after seeing "trees" for Bill Walsh, Belichick, etc.)

So with Bill Walsh you could get

- Dennis Green

- Mike Holmgren

- Ray Rhodes

- George Seifert

- Sam Wyche

Under George Seifert (SF and Carolina) you could get

- Jack Del Rio

- Jeff Fisher

- Jon Gruden

- Mike Holmgren

- Gary Kubiak

- Ray Rhodes

- Mike Shanahan

Guest Vitamin X

From CNN's coverage of the Democratic National Convention:

Democrats on Wednesday formally began the choreographed roll call process of nominating Barack Obama to be their candidate for president in November. Hillary Clinton and Obama were on the ballot at the party convention on Wednesday.

The states announced their votes in alphabetical order. The voting was to continue until a candidate received 2,210 delegates -- the threshold needed to secure the nomination. While most delegates cast their votes for Obama, some were voting for Clinton.

There were a few boos at one point -- when Massachusetts cast its vote and gave a nod to its sports teams, the Red Sox and the Celtics, the current baseball and basketball champions.

And yet again, we give thanks to the 2007 New York Giants.

Well, at least I've got the Detroit Shock to hang my hat on.

3 titles in 6 years BABY!!! :)

It's nice to see Yipsilanti as home to the "World Champions."

So F1 announced that they are eliminating the Canadian Grand Prix in June. I'm disappointed in this because it was one of the most popular tracks on the circuit, and had plans to attend the race in June next year.