TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

MVP 06 NCAA Baseball

If they can make college baseball, then they really should do college hockey. The game would sell huge in the Midwest, Canada, and the East Coast, and I am sure enough random people from all over North America would pick up the game to try it. They dont have to do more than like 50 teams and arenas so it wouldnt be that hard to do. They could just basically take NHL 06 and slap college teams in place of the pro ones and I would be happy

I've actually found myself coming back to this game after two years. Quite a number of players in the game now are either prospects or notable minor league players. Finding accurate rosters is a pain, but if you recognize the worthwhile players it's good fun.

I could never get recruiting to work worth a shit. It just felt like no matter what I did I couldn't get anybody, so I gave up on it.

As it is I just snagged MVP 05 for the PC, and thanks to some fancy updating I've got 2008 rosters, teams & unis (yet they couldn't fix the Shea glitch where the apple comes up on HRs and the home team's Runs and Hits counters both displayed the team's hits).

Yea, I could never get hitting to work in this game either. All my games ended up 3-1 or 2-1, which is NOT the typical norm for college baseball. Recruiting was a pain as well. I'd always take WKU to the Sun Belt title in my first season and then lose in the Regionals in the final game to the #1 seed and then lots of my team would leave and I would have nothing to replace them. It got old fast.

While I think EA made great baseball games, they started making them way too difficult in the later years. While I loved MVP 05, I could never get HR's in that game and that ticked me off greatly. At least in MLB 08 the Show I can hit a decent amount of HR's that are realistic on the highest difficulty level and its not arcadish.