TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24: Season 5

Hard to believe that it's almost exactly 24 hours away from the Season Premiere of 24. It seems like it was just yesterday that the show ended in May and we ALL were bitching about how far away January is.

On top of that, the story left off in a great place and it's going to be interesting to see where things go with Jack and the Chinese government.

I am making the bold prediction right here as the first post in this thread that this will be the season where Jack eats the bullet, for real.

inside-jack-bauer.jpg

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR???

I have no idea what actually happens (I wish I still had my big satellite dish hooked up so I could watch the early feed of 24 and be able to offer spoilers), but from a lot of the hints that I've read so far...

2 people close to Jack Bauer supposedly die in the first 10 minutes which is what gets him back in the game. I have a hunch that 1 of them is David Palmer. IMDB has D.B. Woodside (Wayne Palmer) as being in the first episode but not Palmer himself. I really dont understand why Wayne Palmer would be in the first episode unless it was something connected to President Palmer, and he is as close to Jack Bauer as anyone else is. Plus it would finally disconnect Dennis Haysbert from 24 so he can go off and do his new show. I dont have a clue who the other person that supposedly dies could be though.

Pure speculation on my part..22 hours is a long time to wait..

Seems that there are a few people close to him based on the previews that I've seen:

1- The new woman he's hooked up with

2- The woman's son

3- Chloe

4- Audrey

5- Kim (wishful thinking on my part)

I have no idea what actually happens (I wish I still had my big satellite dish hooked up so I could watch the early feed of 24 and be able to offer spoilers), but from a lot of the hints that I've read so far...

2 people close to Jack Bauer supposedly die in the first 10 minutes which is what gets him back in the game. I have a hunch that 1 of them is David Palmer. IMDB has D.B. Woodside (Wayne Palmer) as being in the first episode but not Palmer himself. I really dont understand why Wayne Palmer would be in the first episode unless it was something connected to President Palmer, and he is as close to Jack Bauer as anyone else is. Plus it would finally disconnect Dennis Haysbert from 24 so he can go off and do his new show. I dont have a clue who the other person that supposedly dies could be though.

Pure speculation on my part..22 hours is a long time to wait..

I'm thining David will be one of them, maybe Chase will be the other, they go after Kim and he gets killed holding them off so she can get away.

I'm convinced that David Palmer gets killed as well since Dennis Haysbert has a midseason show on CBS and may not be able to come back.

USA Today reported that Elisha Cuthbert isn't showing up on 24 until March. So, if Chase dies, I don't think it'll be for a couple of hours.

Anyone know what the name of the song that's playing in the trailers on FOX? It's been driving me crazy for the last month or so.

I've never watched an actual season of 24 on TV, just through DVD rentals and while I very much want to tune in I'm not sure if I can deal with waiting and planning my night around watching the show. I need to buy a fuckin PVR for my set.

You manage it for Lost. I get by with a VCR, tricky as it is to remember sometimes.

I'm going to do my annual thing and suggest that we keep discussions of what's in the "next week on 24" previews in spoiler tags. 24 is notoriously the worst show on TV for giving shit away in the previews, and I've never watched them ever since they showed Reza getting plugged in season 2. Join me.

I also never watch "next week on 24". Makes it a lot more enjoyable.

They also give things away on the DVDs if you've never seen the episodes. In the menu for the episode there is almost always a picture of the episode's surprise or the main plot point. Really annoying.

You guys should hook yourselves up with a DVR. It's only about $6.50 a month if you already have digital cable.

I don't have digital cable, and I'm moving in about 5-6 months, so I'm gonna wait until then. I'd kill for one now, though. 24 coming back means that, for the first time in a long time, I've got shit to record almost every night of the week.