TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

The State of the Union, 2006 edition.

Guest InuYasha

Sean Hannity is a shameless GOP hack. I wouldn't be surprised if he got on the air tomorrow and said that Bush was the greatest President we've ever had, and that we should be able to elect him again. It's like all the evil smugness in Rush was sucked out and extruded out as Hannity.

Sean Hannity is a shameless GOP hack. I wouldn't be surprised if he got on the air tomorrow and said that Bush was the greatest President we've ever had, and that we should be able to elect him again. It's like all the evil smugness in Rush was sucked out and extruded out as Hannity.

That'll never happen. It would require him to dethrone Ronald Reagan.

Guest InuYasha

That'll never happen. It would require him to dethrone Ronald Reagan.

Wait about 5 years, and we'll hear about how Dubya was the greatest ever.

Dude, in five years we'll be in the state of wondering what the hell we were thinking in 2000 and 2004.

Even though I know 1 vote in Maryland didnt matter, Im already wondering what the hell I was thinking voting for Nader in 2000.

At least I didnt do it a 2nd time.

My "what the hell was I thinking 2006 moment" could be voting for this guy for Maryland US Senator, although I doubt he'll beat Steele for the Republican spot...

Who wouldn't vote for a guy in a really old school powdered wig?

post-47-1138780778_thumb.jpg.

Just wanted to add as far as GOP pundits on cable the only one I ever give time too is Joe Scarborough, because even if I don't agree with him, he doesn't come across as a complete GOP ass-kisser.

Yep, Sean Hannity is a total elephant riding GOP flag waver. I think he just regurgitates the talking points the RNC puts out every day. I don't think I've ever heard him criticize President George W. Bush on one single point.

That's why I like Michael Savage...yeah, he's far right and sometimes he says stupid stuff, but at least he can criticize Bush about stuff and call him on the fact he's not even a real conservative. (Bush is really a moderate internationalist, not a conservative nationalist like people would have you think).

I don't know about anyone else, but gas prices around here jumped about 18 cents within the last two days. Kind of ironic after Bush's speech last night. Now let's see if he actually _does_ something about getting us off foreign oil dependency.

Yeah, about the speech itself, a lot of the stuff he said sounded well and good, s'long as we actually make some motion towards getting those things done. Especially the education points.

Education and energy are the two things that I really liked hearing him talk about. Of course, we need to see action on finding an affordable alternative fuel.

First of all, all political speeches would be much better if they have the MST3K treatment.

How ironic an oil man talking about not being dependent on foreign oil.

Not enough talk on border security. Bush is so worried about losing Hispanic votes when a lot of polls show that Hispanics in this country are for tighter borders. I myself don't want to give border jumpers amnesty...I want them out. You want to enter this country and taste the American dream, do it legally.

And Cindy Sheehan...she is deserving of a Carlos Mencia "Dee Dee Dee" award. If she really wanted an effective protest...wait until the standing O the Reps gave when he talked about staying the course in Iraq and THEN show the T-shirt underneath. :bonk:

That's why I like Michael Savage...yeah, he's far right and sometimes he says stupid stuff, but at least he can criticize Bush about stuff and call him on the fact he's not even a real conservative. (Bush is really a moderate internationalist, not a conservative nationalist like people would have you think).

I don't think being a conservative and being an internationalist are mutually exclusive, since free trade's right out of classic economic theory. Bush is all over the map ideologically, though. Most successful politicians are.

I think our definition of conservative and liberal in America are all wrong. Most conservatives I know are really reactionaries (want things to go back to the way they were in the 1920s or 1950s), and most of the liberals I now are actually conservative (want things to stay they way they've been since the Great Society). This, of course, is partly because the Democrats haven't had a new idea since 1972. I sometimes call myself a liberal, but in reality my political hero is a man who left the White House over a half century ago.

Well, I don't think you can call Bush a conservative based on his extremely liberal border policies (ie. not doing a damn thing about the border problem).

There's no master checklist of conservative positions that you can grade a conservative against. Conservativism is a political philosophy which can lend itself to different positions on issues. How the philosophy is interpreted varies by the individual. For example, his border policy helps businesses. Helping businesses has been traditionally a conservative thing to do.

Paula "Current Events" Zahn had on Cindy Sheehan (I didn't watch it, fuck the crazy bitch) along with a special segment on backyard wrestling. Next week she'll talk about that hip Nintendo Entertainment System with the "Super Mario Brothers" and a special interview with that big time rap artist Skee-Lo.

And I agree, Bush is all over the place. You can't seem to figure out what EXACTLY he is. Everytime I hate him he does something I like and I'm back to not minding him. The State of the Union was like a "WHAT?!?! YOU FUCKER" followed by "Oh..well that makes sense" to "ARE YOU STUPID?!?!" to "Ah, now I getcha".

I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

Guest InuYasha

To the best of my knowledge, Bush's approval ratings actually went up a little after he finally started admitting some responsibility for the colossal fuck-up that was Iraq War II. Karl Rove was trying to convince him that the only way he can be "The President," was to be completely infallible.

Bush needs to kick his ass to the curb; before he gets indicted for his involvement with the Valerie Plame incident.

Yep, Sean Hannity is a total elephant riding GOP flag waver. I think he just regurgitates the talking points the RNC puts out every day. I don't think I've ever heard him criticize President George W. Bush on one single point.

I don't know about anyone else, but gas prices around here jumped about 18 cents within the last two days. Kind of ironic after Bush's speech last night. Now let's see if he actually _does_ something about getting us off foreign oil dependency.

Despite being a rather lefty liberal, I still think Michael Savage can be entertaining in small doses. I actually enjoyed his show during the second term of the Clinton years because he seemed to do a lot more non-political subject matter in his show. He would review Sopranos episodes, talk about the good ol' days in New York, food, what good service in a restaruant really means...etc. Lately when I have been turning his show on on the way to class or home, it is the same drivel about the "Enemy Within" and how Liberals are destorying America because they secretly hate america.

I can't fucking stand Bush. I don't mean because of his policies or anything. He's the only president, hell, pretty much the only politician in my lifetime, that just straight pisses me the fuck off listening to him.

He's such a smug cocksucker, and he talks down to the entire nation.

Plus he doesn't give press conferences because he can't hold his own against a few reporters. I mean what the fuck? Way to explain your policies to the American people you POS.

Of course he'll appear on Limbaugh a couple times a year, but he doesn't give press conferences. Blows my mind.

I am a Republicin and I fucking hate Sean Hannity. The guy is a blind loyalist. You could have Jesus running against Tom Delay and Hannity will still vote for a Republican, even a crook like Delay.

Okay, so tonight they did a piece on John Murtha, speakin' of Hannity's show. They went to Murtha's district to see if they liked the guy and felt he was a good man who was always looking out for the best for everyone. So after they show a series of glowing opinions, it cuts back to Colmes, who looks like he's trying not to vomit as he says "but did his constituents approve of these words?" They play the 2.3 seconds it took Murtha to say "The Army... is broken." Now these people who thought John was a pretty cool cat before all say "oh, I disagree with that," "the army isn't broken, that's wrong," and so on. Of the seven or eight people they showed speaking at different times (without names or contexts outside of the image on the screen), there were four senior citizens, with two of them being apparent veterans with their full retiree regalia and the flag in the background. The others were middle of the road in appearance with little known besides their sex, but FOUR old people out of eight?

I just yelled "oh, fuck YOU" at the television and stormed off to buy a pack of cigarettes, which I haven't touched in two days.

I'm tellin' you, man. we're headed for a massive shitstorm once this country starts fighting back at this stuff. I'm going to be seriously worried if we have another Supreme Court vacancy before 2009. Think this is overdramatic? As 2GOLD pointed out a week or two ago in another thread, each time these Republicans have won out since 2000, it was almost criminal that the opposition couldn't easily win. This poisonous climate and slanted "journalism" everywhere thanks to the internet and crusading public figures on both sides in both the political and everyday worlds is going to lead to some pure-bred messiness within the next decade, should we continue along a fairly similar path as now. Normal Americans, who in earlier times would have defeated this menace long ago, are now sedated thanks to cheap reality television that mostly glorifies entertainers further and goads us into really wanting to be someone whose image is carefully tailored appearances orchestrated by their business interests as we listen to .mp3s on our wireless phones that can bring us constant sports highlights and text message jokes to tell your friends later on while you're driving to Best Buy so you can get a high-definition television since being outside your house and away from your plasma babysitter doesn't sound all that interesting.

Sorry, that Murtha segment had me so pissed, the rest of that flowed naturally.

Guest InuYasha

That's not unlike "The Wolves" ad Bush aired about 2-3 weeks before the final election. It told about how John Kerry and "other Democrats" actually lowered the spending on Intelligence after the first Terrorist Attacks n the US. This statement was purposely and deceptively vague.

While most of the sheep, ie, generic voters, thought it was referring to the 9/11 Terrorist attacks, it was really referring to the original bombing of the WTC back in 1993. About half the Dem's and 3/4THs of the GOP Senators voted to cut Intelligence spending after 1993. They even had the balls to add on that "My name is George Bush, and I support this statement" sound bite at the end of it.

So, did Bush lie? Hell yes. Did Bush know he was lying, and do it anyway? Double hell yes.

Personally, I hope Congress seriously looks into Impeachment over his Illegal Wirtapping shit.

Then you're wasting your time by hoping. Yeah, the wiretapping is really stupid and pisses me off, but he won't be impeached. Tell me who would take his place in office. Do you really want that?

Okay, so tonight they did a piece on John Murtha, speakin' of Hannity's show. They went to Murtha's district to see if they liked the guy and felt he was a good man who was always looking out for the best for everyone. So after they show a series of glowing opinions, it cuts back to Colmes, who looks like he's trying not to vomit as he says "but did his constituents approve of these words?" They play the 2.3 seconds it took Murtha to say "The Army... is broken." Now these people who thought John was a pretty cool cat before all say "oh, I disagree with that," "the army isn't broken, that's wrong," and so on. Of the seven or eight people they showed speaking at different times (without names or contexts outside of the image on the screen), there were four senior citizens, with two of them being apparent veterans with their full retiree regalia and the flag in the background. The others were middle of the road in appearance with little known besides their sex, but FOUR old people out of eight?

I just yelled "oh, fuck YOU" at the television and stormed off to buy a pack of cigarettes, which I haven't touched in two days.

I'm tellin' you, man. we're headed for a massive shitstorm once this country starts fighting back at this stuff. I'm going to be seriously worried if we have another Supreme Court vacancy before 2009. Think this is overdramatic? As 2GOLD pointed out a week or two ago in another thread, each time these Republicans have won out since 2000, it was almost criminal that the opposition couldn't easily win. This poisonous climate and slanted "journalism" everywhere thanks to the internet and crusading public figures on both sides in both the political and everyday worlds is going to lead to some pure-bred messiness within the next decade, should we continue along a fairly similar path as now. Normal Americans, who in earlier times would have defeated this menace long ago, are now sedated thanks to cheap reality television that mostly glorifies entertainers further and goads us into really wanting to be someone whose image is carefully tailored appearances orchestrated by their business interests as we listen to .mp3s on our wireless phones that can bring us constant sports highlights and text message jokes to tell your friends later on while you're driving to Best Buy so you can get a high-definition television since being outside your house and away from your plasma babysitter doesn't sound all that interesting.

Sorry, that Murtha segment had me so pissed, the rest of that flowed naturally.

Yeah that Murtha segment was pretty fucking sleazy. I mean playing a 1 second clip of "The Army...is Broken" yet not letting them listen to his explanation of what he means by that statement, is a fucking dirty trick, and typical of Sean "Why do you Hate America" Hannity, or as one of his guests called him last year on the air. Con Hannity.

I'm wondering how the libertarians on this board are going to spin Sheehan's treatment.

Apparently with dead silence.