TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

The State of the Union, 2006 edition.

Guest InuYasha

I'm wondering how the libertarians on this board are going to spin Sheehan's treatment.

Apparently with dead silence.

Cindy Sheehan is to Dem's like Jack Thompson is to video games. She's the best tool the GOP have stumbled upon to get them moderate and undecided voters.

I'm wondering how the libertarians on this board are going to spin Sheehan's treatment.

Apparently with dead silence.

Cindy Sheehan is to Dem's like Jack Thompson is to video games. She's the best tool the GOP have stumbled upon to get them moderate and undecided voters.

Yeah, that was relevant.

I suppose Ill make a statement on this huge issue, being a libertarian and all...

I respect Cindy Sheehan as a mother who lost a child to war, her feelings must be at times unbearable. I can only assume that she honestly believes that she is doing something good for a cause she believes in. I will not call her an 'attention whore', etc, as her loss was a brutal one.

Unfortunately, she is defnitly going about some of this in the wrong way. Her decisions (particularly this State/Union fiasco) have hindered her efforts greatly. The SOTU speech is a pretty serious affair and she should realize that it is not the place for protest (or for wearing a shirt that will certainly draw the eyes of many). Whereas she could be doing something far more beneficial to her own cause (such as meeting as many servicepeoples' families as possible and organizing a large group to spread the word of problems within our military system) she has sadly chosen to take a Michael Moore-y route.

Was it right for her to be dragged from the building? Maybe not. Should she have worn that shirt knowing it would only cause a scene and a problem. No.

Protest should be a thoughtful stride towards progress...not a blind stab at the eyes of the public.

She did make it easier for me to register as a Republican. Not that it matters in this state. I do believe that if the media was so liberal, they wouldn't show anything of hers, as it brings nothing but bad to the party.