TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

OAO Against All Odds PPV thread

Having AJ/Daniels do that just sets the company back a year, it's time to elevate new blood at the top of the X divison. Shelley, Lethal, Aries etc

I fully realize that, and that's why I said that they should wait longer.

IMO, it doesn't hurt Joe to lose in that type of match. At least not that much.

EDIT: So, we can forget about Joe giving the rub to Aries.

Apolo really blew it since they gave him the benefit of the doubt last time when he really should have been canned. So he does it again the next ppv? What a ridiculous way to burn a bridge.

It's too bad since finally, Apolo actually had some potential as a heel in this LAX group.

Guest ChikoDemono
IMO, it doesn't hurt Joe to lose in that type of match. At least not that much.

I agree, as they could play the "Samoa Joe's large body was the reason he lost" type of angle, but the thing I want to know is: What if he wins? Who in the X-division hasn't been beaten by Joe, yet? With TNA sticking just about every single X-division guy in a tag team, they have not built up any contenders. Jay Lethal may be on his way, but even he lost to Joe, albeit in a 3-way non-title match.

How long before TNA moves Samoa Joe up to the World title picture?

At most, a match at Destination X with Christian and Monte Brown and Jarrett in a three way may be acceptable, but thats about it. Sounds like they are doing Brown/Christian instead so I wonder what this means for JJ at Destination X? Raven-Jarrett? Truth-Jarrett? A rematch with Christian-JJ is even pushing it as far as something worth even promoting, as I just don't see the draw in a rematch particularly, but it will probably happen.

Well Meltz is reporting that right now it looks like Christian/Brown will headline D-X, which I wouldn't have a problem with because I enjoyed their feud and their match at Turning Point. TNA taped an angle with Monty demanding the title shot from Larry after the show and put it online. Here's the link: http://www.tnawrestling.com/fullnews.php?home=474

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Jarrett added to that match though, unless Raven's coming back and he can face Jarrett.

If anything, Joe shouldn't move onto the NWA title until later this year. I would have saved the Ultimate X match until the summer against some new people instead of the same old AJ/Daniels.

I would keep Christian as the champion as well, and either have Joe lose the title but not the match and still remain "undefeated" and build to BFG with Christian knowing it's the hardest fight of his life and Joe is still the same Joe. Joe wins but Christian puts up a good fight.

They could take the title off Christian around early summer and put it on a mega-heel not named Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe does a face turn and leads to the super face Joe killing the mighty heel to take the title.

Guest El Satanico

They need to build up someone that continues to come back for more, no matter how much Joe dominates them.

Like Undertaker/HBK HIAC.

I'm not sure how they would build to it exactly, but I think a Christian-Styles match is $$$$ on a future ppv on a total side note.

Cool to see TNA have a post-ppv promo with Brown explaining the title shot situation. One has to think Jarrett will sneak in there somewhere or else Christian-Jarrett in a cage at Lockdown is going to be underwhelming. Would rather see Jarrett added to the D-X match than having a seperate rematch at Lockdown likely.

They need to build up someone that continues to come back for more, no matter how much Joe dominates them.

Sabu? Sting? Raven?

Cool to see TNA have a post-ppv promo with Brown explaining the title shot situation. One has to think Jarrett will sneak in there somewhere or else Christian-Jarrett in a cage at Lockdown is going to be underwhelming. Would rather see Jarrett added to the D-X match than having a seperate rematch at Lockdown likely.

Mike Johnson posted this about where TNA is going from here:

For those curious where Jeff Jarrett will be in TNA storylines from this point on now that he's lost the NWA title, he'll still be a major featured character at th top of the cards. It appears he will headline Lockdown in April against Sting and should be involved in a 6 or 8 Man Tag Team bout at Destination X.

As of right now, there are plans for TNA X-Division champion Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels Ultimate X match at Destination X on 3/11 and I believe they will meet at Lockdown as well. I hope that when they are done with this feud, TNA puts together a DVD on the entire storyline as they could really produce something special given the body of work that has come out of it.

Christian Cage will be defending the NWA title against Monty Brown at Destination X.

I like the Christian/Brown pairing....I bet we see that stretched to LockDown too. I'm sure Jarrett will probably team with AMW against 3D and the Truth next month, which is a good way to keep him away from the main event. And I have a feeling that Jarrett/Sting will be a double or triple main event deal, like last year's LockDown show, with Christian vs Brown or Abyss and the inevitable AMW/3D match up also up there.

Sabu? Sting? Raven?

Then need to get Abyss to start saying "AHHH CHA CHA" whenever he throws punches and start squealing whenever he bleeds or start calling spots whenever he is in tag team or 3 way matches.

It seems obvious to me that Jarrett will the "Triple H" to Christian's "Benoit" post-Wrestlemania XX. Cage will get a nice run defending the belt while Jarrett is preoccupied with the top feuds (exchange HBK and Eugene with Sting and perhaps Raven).

Damn, that place went nuts. I like the fact not only did wrestlers get in the ring, but fans came in and started chanting. That was an awesome moment.

Guest El Satanico

Sabu? Sting? Raven?

No one like that. One of the X guys, not sure who.

Guest Princess Leena

All in all, another good PPV.

But, the X Title Scene is the worst thing on TNA now. MOVE ON with Joe. Daniels has done a great job of being the small guy who really thinks he can beat the giant fat ass, and the matches are quality... but planning to have ANOTHER rematch with this triangle is overkill, and it's simply boring at this point.

Either end this ridiculous Goldberg-like streak with Joe, so you can keep him with the talented workers, and keep the smarks happy... or start the build of Joe up to World Champion, which will be a total failure.

I'm really feeling another rematch is in order for some reason, just to finally blow off the whole thing. Either this or a cage match at Lockdown would work.

PWInsider is reporting that they will have a Six Sides of Steel 3-way match at Lockdown, so good call there.

Someone really is gonna have to buck Joe with a musket to beat him at this point.

The streak is ok, but at this point they really don't have anyone built up at all who could take him on. And I agree that he shouldn't be in the heavy division yet.

I like my suggestion on page 7. thats where they should go with this.

I think it says a lot that they keep putting him in there with Styles and Daniels. They don't really have anyone else to put him in there with in the X-Division.

You know, it wouldn't shock me to see them go with an angle where, say after the match at Lockdown where he once again wins, cuts a promo right after the match and just gives up the X-Title, then says that since he's defeated everyone that the X-Division has to offer, he's going to go up to the next level on his own.

Who in the hell would ever beat him for the X-Title? Do you guys not think that his streak should only end once he is in the world title scene?

no cuz that squashes the X division, they are supposed to be kinda equal. So I think he should be beaten for his title. Maybe if they do have him win both belts, have a 2 outta 3 falls match with both belts on the line, like Angle, Benoit and Jericho at mania.

Well, whatever they do, I do not think that he'll ever actually drop the X-Title to anyone, period. They'll either:

-Do an injury angle, have him be out for a month and he is forced to just give up the title, and when he returns they run an angle where he's a "new man", and he instantly is on the hunt for the world title.

-Or, like you just said, do a World Title vs. X-Title match, that he actually wins. As a result, he is forced to give up the X-Title.

No offense to anyone in the X-division, but I don't see anyone as a threat to him at all, not even Styles and Daniels.

Maybe they'll have him win the world title, and then at their main PPV later this year (I forget what it's called), he defends against Nash, and he finally loses, after a rehash of the Goldberg Starcade incident.

;)

Guest El Satanico

Why can't he simply lose? He's not like Goldberg, where the streak is all he has. He can lose and still look strong.

Other than AJ and Daniels, there's currently no "X guys" built up high enough to beat Joe. However, TNA could easily change that over the next two or three months. TNA just needs to decide on who they want. Lethal had a big win at the ppv, so they could be giving him the "beat Joe" push.

I didn't say he can't lose, of course he can. The problem is that there aren't any guys who seem "worthy" of giving him his first lost, at least in my eyes.

Besides, I think his streak should continue into his main event push, just to make things more interesting. Over time, have a really strong face finally beat him, in that setting.

Nobody needs to be built to beat Joe. I'm not talking a Barry Horowitz/Skip scenario here, but whoever gets to beat Joe will be made into an instant star for being the guy to end the streak. It doesn't have to be someone who came "so close" time and time again before finally doing it. It could be out of the blue in a well fought match.

Guest El Satanico

Downhome, I know you weren't saying that. I'm just saying everyone seems to talking about some convoluted scenario that needs to be used to get the belt off Joe without hurting Joe and/or title. I just don't see why any of that is needed, when I don't see Joe as being fragile enough to need a streak.

Of course, my dislike of pro wrestling win streaks being talked about like they matter may play a part in my thinking. I'm just glad TNA doesn't seem to talk about it alot.

Zack, I agree with you and the out of the blue lose would be my choice. However, I do think they need to build a few guys up so they at least stand out from the pack. Right now it's AJ, Daniels and then just a bunch of guys. And no by standing out I don't mean gimmicks or costumes.