TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2006

I never got a pm.

I would have a voted no to it but that really doesn't matter anymore. It's just going to make like hell for the commish next year. All the people being kept should be worth a damn so it would just be equivalent to drafting those guys as your first four picks. Usually when a person is kept that means there draft stock would have significantly increased from the previous year. A 12th rounder this year isn't equivalent to a 12th rounder next year. With this rule it actually discourages people to keep a player they drafted in the first round unless they were absolute dynamite for them.

Some people just like making life complicated I guess.

I agree, I still don't see the point of it, and it will make life hell for me next year, but what can you do. We can always change it if it comes to that. I don't know what happened with so many people not getting the PM, I guess I spelled some sns wrong or something. Nevertheless, at least 10, exactly half voted yes, so unless all 6 of the non voters voted no which would still only bring it to a tie, I figure the majority want it to pass, so whatever.

Anyway, draft is tommorow evening 8:30pm Eastern, 30 minutes before RAW. It will be my 3rd in 3 days and I've done well in my last 2 but this is a larger league and my draft position sucks, so we'll see.

I'm keeping my 1st round pick. Considering that I plan on winning the league, it won't hurt me at all. It also means that I'm going to be the guy that drafts Bonds, but hopefully not too soon.

Anybody wanna place a bet on which dead team drafts Barry Bonds, Mark Prior, Roger Clemons, Jeff Bagwell?

Yahoo's pre-rankings have Bonds 110th, Prior 32nd, Bagwell 556th, and Clemens 92nd. I think they're getting better at this.

Just so everyone knows.

I'm taking Pujos or A-Rod.

2nd PICK!

By the way, I am planning on winning too. I got second last year. BOOO! Second is the first loser.

How can you plan on winning, if I plan on winning :P

I have like the 8th pick, which isn't terrible, but it's gonna take some work to see who's left.

As the 13th pick I plan on drafting as many platoon utility players and RPs as possible. Chone Figgins is mine!

I made a living for like 3 years drafting paul quantrill and j.c. romero every year.

I think my friends STILL look at me funny.

Me too, especially considering the drafts I've seen so far. I don't think there's going to be any big name guys by the middle of the 2nd round.

Sucking is the name of the game. I'm going for the "Pick underrated players that play for your hometown team so you can actually root for your really bad hometown team for once" strategy

But knowing my luck he'll be gone by my pick.

My team is interesting. I'm LOADED with young talent, top prospects. But if they don't work out, it could get scary.

CA R. Hernández

1B C. Delgado

2B R. Belliard

SS N. Garciaparra

3B R. Zimmerman

OF J. Gibbons

OF M. Kotsay

OF J. Hermida

UT M. Mora

1B M. Jacobs

OF D. Young

SP R. Halladay

SP T. Hudson

SP F. Hernández

SP K. Loe

SP K. Lohse

SP C. Pavano

RP B. Jenks

RP C. Orvella

RP L. Hawkins

Actually, the more I look at it, I'm pretty balanced. I thought I had no pitching but I like my crew.

My pitching is strong. My hitting is...solid? I don't know. We'll see what they can do. I don't have a lot of hr's, but I think I can fill up the other categories. (If it counted my team has good defense!!!)

-

CA Lieberthal

1B A. LaRoche

2B M. Loretta

SS C. Guillen

3B S. Rolen

OF J. Bay

OF J. Dye

OF R. Winn

UT S. Stewart

Bench-

3B - Andy Marte

BN - Aaron Boone (Dropping him to pick someone up from waivers)

SP C. Zambrano

SP Z. Duke

SP B. Webb

SP C.C. Sabathia

SP H. Carrasco

RP D. Baez

RP M. Gonzalez

RP C. Politte

RP K. Calero

Fell asleep laying here around 7:45, woke up just now...Missed fucking draft.

No chance in hell at remotely competing for anything.

Fell asleep laying here around 7:45, woke up just now...Missed fucking draft.

No chance in hell at remotely competing for anything.

That sucks.

Think of it this way: You were just hired to be the GM/manager of a really bad team. To prove how good a franchise builder you are, you must take the players already on the team and make smart moves from FAs and trades and stuff to make them winners.

You can do it!

Maybe.

I'll offer Adam Dunn and Erik Bedard for Santana.

IMO, that makes the offense reasonable and still provides plenty of SP to make a staff out of. Plus it doesn't seem like an unreasonable deal.

C: A. Pierzynski

1B: T. Helton

2B: J. Cantú

3B: E. Chávez

SS: M. Tejada

OF: P. Burrell, R. Baldelli, J. Jones

Util: J. Burnitz

Bench: R. Durham (2B), P. Nevin (1B), B. McCann ©

SP: M. Mulder, D. Cabrera, C. Capuano

RP: J. Isringhausen, G. Majewski

P: J. Washburn, B. Donnely

Bench: S. Baker(SP)

The only thing I dont like is not having 2 closers for saves.

Don't just give up before the season begins :(

You dont even understand how much this pisses me off. I waited for this god damn thing since you started it because huge drafts like this are always fun for me. Add to the fact that i'm never sleeping before 11pm weekdays and tonight is a freak thing and i'm incredibly fucking screwed in this league before it starts.

Anyone with any baseball knowledge can see that I will finish last or close to it so how much point is there in even trying when my stupidity prevents me from having a fair start in the first place.