TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Ok, that necklace on McGhee writes itself.

And Bucky STILL looks like he belongs miles away from AI.

Something about Taylor that I think is to his strength is that he can play "small", really well, as well as broad.

Guest Princess Leena

This filler isn't funny.

Please announce Taylor as the winner so I can turn this off.

People complained about them wasting time doing nothing but fluff hype pieces on the two finalists. So they fixed that with bad comedy.

Prince should never follow 3 gay cowboys.

Guest Princess Leena

Why does Kat only bust out the weapons when it's too late. Oy.

Watching both. It's possible.

And let's all bask in my rightness... (coils also had Taylor at #1, though I had the top 4 correct, which makes me the most right, thus better than everyone ever).

(number one)

Hicks - I think Taylors style can make pretty much anything sound good which I think will do him well when the genres change - the benefit of being unique. Thus far Taylor has played to his strengths in regards to song selection and he, more than anyone else in this competition, knows what he can do and make sound good, and what he can't do. He is probably the most experienced in playing in front of a live audience, which is be a huge plus for him when the venue changes and the audience gets bigger. A big part of the success of idols, I have found, is that they are able to make use of, and generate, this huge atmosphere around them. Taylor plays from his heart, he can hit the big power notes better than the vast majority of the group which is key to any idols success when they have to fill a huge room with their voice. It also doesn't hurt that the judges love him and will try to push him to the final 6 before they really start to get critical.

Well that was rather anti-climatic. Vut a pretty good show for the finale. Elliot sounded very good with blige, horrible with Toni who was just making weird noises instead of singing. and meatloaf didnt sound every good at all.

Clay looked...uh weird.

Youre right Kat didnt seem very happy about the car

Puck N Pickler= GOLD.

actually the top 12 sings pretty well together, the tour should be good.

holy crap I forgot Mcghee was in the 12.

kinda weird to put prince on right before the results, could have overshadowed it. (oddly enough I could not stop laughing during his songs, cuz I wa sjust watching my chappelles show dvd yesterday and listening to rick james comments on prince beating charlie murphy in basketball, and I kept picturing Prince saying "You want some grapes?")

well after 12 months its over

Good on Hicks for winning, he's the man. I would have rather had Daughtry winning this thing, but Taylor (or Elliot) was my second choice. There's something really cool about a 29 year old grey haired crazy dude winning American Idol. I agree that it'll be hard for them to do the right record for him, but if they get it right it could be really great.

Yeah, I get the sense that Kat probably like gets a new car for each birthday and christmas or something.

The Puck N Pickler segments were great.

Prince was awesome, Toni Braxton is super hot for a 40 year old woman, and I fucking hate Mary J Blige. I also agree that Meatloaf and Kat totally should have done 'Paradise by the Dashboard Lights.' It never would have happened, but it would have been totally sweet.

I still wanna punch nerdlinger Covais.

Clay Aiken has EMO POWER~!

kinda weird to put prince on right before the results, could have overshadowed it. (oddly enough I could not stop laughing during his songs, cuz I wa sjust watching my chappelles show dvd yesterday and listening to rick james comments on prince beating charlie murphy in basketball, and I kept picturing Prince saying "You want some grapes?")

I swear I kept having the same thoughts. "And then he served us all pancakes."

Overall I'd say that was a really great finale episode, and was a pretty entertaining (and adictive) season. It was the first season of AI I really watched, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it certainly as sucess in terms of votes and ratings.

Yeah, I get the sense that Kat probably like gets a new car for each birthday and christmas or something.

And a pearl necklace.

The Puck N Pickler segments were great.

Fucking awesome. Who knew Wolfgang Puck could be so evil?

Prince was awesome, Toni Braxton is super hot for a 40 year old woman, and I fucking hate Mary J Blige. I also agree that Meatloaf and Kat totally should have done 'Paradise by the Dashboard Lights.' It never would have happened, but it would have been totally sweet.

Anything but the medley they actually did would've been better.

Did anyone have Superstar USA flashbacks when they sang (I've Had) The Time of My Life? Or was I the only one watching that show?

The gay kid singing Elton John and then going crazy when Clay Aiken came out and then Clay singing was the gayest/most surreal thing that I have ever seen.