TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

That's the one thing I'm very OCD about. Whenever I eat a meal, 99% of the time it's, fruit/vegetable first , sides second and entree third. I've been this way as far back as I can remember.

That's baffling to me. You don't eat a little at a time?

Come to think of it, I often have a similar question for my grandfather. I have never seen him take a drink during a meal, even the hottest or driest foods. He's blind, and the rule at his boarding school as a young man was what I just said. It makes sense to me why he does it now, but it's still interesting to watch him go through a plate of wings without touching his beer.

That's the one thing I'm very OCD about. Whenever I eat a meal, 99% of the time it's, fruit/vegetable first , sides second and entree third. I've been this way as far back as I can remember.

I'm the same way, because I hate having vegetables after they've gotten cold.

That's baffling to me. You don't eat a little at a time?

Well I do break this rule if say the vegetables are too hot, I'll eat some of the side. But most of the time, no. I eat them in that order.

Well, for the record, I eat my meals one course at a time as well. I do seriously have OCD, though, to the point where I lock/unlock my door precisely four times when I come home at night. It's fairly severe, to the point where I get laughed at, but not to the point where it disrupts my day to day life.

But what I really wanted to talk about was the KFC famous bowls. Because Patton Oswalt has a new album out, I've been thinking about some of his bits, and he has a well known one about those bowls (he's done it on Conan O'Brien and various other public forums). I, for one, like the bowls, even though I barely ever eat at KFC. But the concept of slamming your different food items into mush is established and acceptable, I think.

I think this is sort of a childhood regression thing. Bill Cosby has a well worn bit about his daughters combining all their meal items into one. From the 60s. So it's been done. I was raised in tandem by two single parents, and my mother can't cook for shit (plays into why I will fall for any girl who knows how to cook) so most of my time with her was spent eating from restaurants. My father can't cook for shit either, but he would try. And we would once a week have a meal of the leftovers from everything else he made combined and prepared as one insufferable dish. So I'm used to this.

However, from my earliest memories, mashed potatoes and corn would be mixed every time I had them together.

This also has to do with breakfast burritos. Who thought of that? Just take the eggs, the sausage, the cheese and all, and slam them together and wrap a tortilla around it. That's not a rational dish! But it tastes great. And then put salsa on it. Who thought of that? Just cause it's wrapped in a tortilla doesn't mean it's actually a Mexican dish! It's eggs and sausage and all! But you know what? It tastes great.

So that's what KFC should look into... burritos. Takes mashed potatoes and chicken bits and corn and gravy and biscuits and the whole deal... and don't put it in a bowl. Wrap a tortilla around it. Call them Dinner Burritos. It's a great idea and I'm sticking with it.

You know what's really good? Frozen lemonade. They should sell that at more places.

Also, I'm drinking Sunny Delight at the moment. It's the first time I've had it in years, and it is... not as good as I remember. I would never choose this over just drinking actual orange juice. Hawaiian Punch, on the other hand... now that's a delicious unnatural sugar filled beverage, there.

So I went to Wendy's the other day to discover that they finally have a new specialty chicken sandwich...and it's not so great.

They add two slices of mozza cheese (good) and some sort of "creamy parmesan sauce". Not so good.

God, why don't they bring back the Big Mountain Chicken or whatever the fuck it was called? That needs to be a permanent item.

So I went to Wendy's the other day to discover that they finally have a new specialty chicken sandwich...and it's not so great.

They add two slices of mozza cheese (good) and some sort of "creamy parmesan sauce". Not so good.

God, why don't they bring back the Big Mountain Chicken or whatever the fuck it was called? That needs to be a permanent item.

Is that the Montery Ranch Chicken Sandwich that you're referring to? My girlfriend loves those. I haven't had one in quite sometime, but I preferred the beef version that was offered for a short time.

There's a new kind of Full Throttle. It's called Full Throttle Mother (as in "nature is one bad"). Green can. The flavor is acai berry. It's sort of... almost good, but a little too woodsy. It tastes minty or spicy, and you have to remind yourself that it's a berry flavor.

I'm a huge huge fan of energy drinks, I'll try anything I haven't seen before, but their marketing is insanely stupid. Nature is one bad mother? Fuck you.

I saw it in a liquor store. Liquor stores always have weird shit that nobody else has. I've still never seen the Monster M-80 anywhere but liquor stores. That one's some sort of tropical juice blend.

My all time favorite energy drink is Amp Overdrive.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

My new favorite sandwich is roast beef, pastrami, turkey, and Swiss on toasted sourdough. Delicious. Pastrami has evaded me far too long.

Guest Vitamin X
My new favorite sandwich is roast beef, pastrami, turkey, and Swiss on toasted sourdough. Delicious. Pastrami has evaded me far too long.

Start with salami next. Both are absolutely amazing.

A hot pastrami with melted provolone cheese goes very well with some cole slaw and a pickle. I'd eat one everyday if I could. And I wouldn't mind dying at 28 from a massive heart attack either.

I had some really good sushi today, but the wait was like 40 minutes and you didn't get free refills on anything but water. Who the fuck do they think they are. Then again, it is a holiday, perhaps explaining the crowd.

I will go back at least one time, because they had something I really wanted to try, and I wasn't feeling too well, so I instead got something I knew I would like. What I wanted was unagi wrapped up in cucumber and made to look like a caterpillar. I really like unagi, but am iffy on cucumber.

Why are mozarella sticks always so expensive? It's $4 to get 5 of 'em. It's fried mozarella. Is mozarella really expensive?

I agree, unless you are using a buffalo or fresh mozzarella (which why would you for this application) they should be cheaper.

Beats the shit out of me.

You know what I just noticed I haven't had in years? Planter's Cheez Balls. I used to love the shit when I was a kid.

Those are the best cheese balls ever. Last I had them was in college 4 years ago.

red robin has surprisingly substandard burgers for being a place that's famous for its burgers.

I don't think I've ever had more than a pretty good burger at a chain restaurant. I'm almost always disapointed when I order a burger from a place that's not one of my local hole in the wall favorites.

I think we have that at Carl's Jr. It's got pineapple on it or some shit? That's nasty. I like pineapple, but I wouldn't put it on anything besides maybe like ice cream or a banana split. Nothing hot, anyway.

You know I haven't had a banana split in some time. Just saying that made me want one.

I'll probably make some enemies by this, but I fucking abhor pancakes. They make me ill. The next person that tries to talk me into ordering pancakes is getting a cup of hot coffee in their face. And it will probably be their cup, since I don't drink coffee.

I hate most pancakes. I like the IHOP ones and that's about all. I even got the recipe so I could make it myself.

Dutch pancakes are pretty good too, but that's really a different dish entirely.

I wonder if other people see this too -- Why is it that people love the drive-thru? There could be a line 6 cars long and people would still wait instead of going in, where 95% of the time it's empty or have to wait for 1 person. Are we THAT lazy? I haven't been through the drive thru for a long time.