TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

I'll probably make some enemies by this, but I fucking abhor pancakes. They make me ill. The next person that tries to talk me into ordering pancakes is getting a cup of hot coffee in their face. And it will probably be their cup, since I don't drink coffee.

I use to love pancakes when I was a kid. But I can't stand them now. This might be because when my grandfather was sick and losing his mind, he made use eat pancakes every day for about a year.

I wonder if other people see this too -- Why is it that people love the drive-thru? There could be a line 6 cars long and people would still wait instead of going in, where 95% of the time it's empty or have to wait for 1 person. Are we THAT lazy? I haven't been through the drive thru for a long time.

Yes we are, although personally I'm not really big on going to the drive thru (you may have figured that out from the McDonald's story) except maybe ATMs (when they're not busy). Funniest thing I remember is when I worked in Houston there's a drive thru Starbucks off Kirby that would tie up a lane because of the drive-thru lineup. And you couldn't park there because the drive thru line blocked the entrances. I'm pretty sure that driving out of the Starbucks was a pain in the ass as well.

Here's a weird habit of mine: On the rare occasion I eat KFC, I prefer to eat it cold. I'll take it home and put it in the fridge. Actually, all fried chicken is good cold, but KFC is the only one where I actually prefer it that way.

I actually would have said the reverse, regarding the skin and the meat. Well, actually the meat's fine either way. It's the skin that does it.

Ok, this is going to seem really left field and bizarre, but it's the best analogy I can think of. You how if a girl sucks your dick, and then you cum, and she keeps sucking, it doesn't feel good? That's what hot KFC skin is like in my throat. I get the same thing with Jack in the Box blackberry milkshakes... it hurts my throat because it's just too... that.

I'm preparing to stop eating meat, anyway.

I think you probably could've avoided that whole analogy by saying that the skin irritates your throat when you eat fried chicken hot.

To be perfectly honest I'm more of a Popeye's man. Not sure how they make the spicy chicken at KFC in the US but up here the hot sauce is in the skin, whereas the chicken at Popeye's is dipped in the hot sauce, then into the batter and fried. Also, the Popeye's chicken up here is certified Halal, which could also make a difference.

I'm a bigger Powerade fan- though I'm not particularly fond of either. I mostly drink red Powerade from time to time- out of nostalgia. About every day of my freshman year of high school, I had red Powerade and two of the snack sized bags of Humpty Dumpty BBQ chips for lunch. Yep, I was a nutrition minded youngster.

I'm a bigger Powerade fan- though I'm not particularly fond of either. I mostly drink red Powerade from time to time- out of nostalgia. About every day of my freshman year of high school, I had red Powerade and two of the snack sized bags of Humpty Dumpty BBQ chips for lunch. Yep, I was a nutrition minded youngster.

I drink Powerade during every workout. The blue kind, Mountain Blast, Stallowns.

In other news, I had friend zucchini for the 2nd time ever (first time sober) on Saturday. Fried zucchini dipped in ranch dressing is the food of the gods.

Obviously you are unfamiliar with the works of Dave Chappelle.

"Ingredients - water, sugar, purple."

Guest Vitamin X

Also, on the subject of ketchup packets- I hate `em. I like when they have those little pumps of ketchup and mustard instead at the condiment bar instead.

I actually think we would hand out ketchup/mustard packets to people in the drive-thru when they would ask for them during breakfast hours.

Did anything ever come of that proposed plan to serve McBreakfast all day? If it happened and goes over in the States, maybe someday I'll be able to get a sausage mcmuffin at 6pm.

I wish McDonalds would start serving the chicken fajitas again like they use to do in the 90's and early 00's.

Speaking of stuff McDonalds doesn't serve all the time, I honestly don't think I've ever had a McRib. I likely never will, either, which is just as well. What if I really liked it? Then I'd just get pissed off when they took it away.

Re: breakfast all day, I'm a little shocked it's not being done already. Jack in the Box did really well with it. Believe me, there's nothing like hash browns at three in the morning (many have 24 hour drive thrus as well). The other day I had an ice cream float with orange soda there. I'm really rather fond of the place.

You know, I was thinking of getting a night job, both for supplemental income and because of my insomnia. I wonder if I could get on the overnight crew at Jack in the Box...

Regarding pancakes, I don't hate them, but I'm definitely taking waffles or fench toast over them.

Regarding Gatorade, anyone remember Lemon Ice?

I like ketchup packets. Seeing them around while you're eating just makes me enjoy the food more than I usually would. Plus you could that thing Jim Carrey did in Dumb and Dumber when he freaked out the barber with them.

Speaking of stuff McDonalds doesn't serve all the time, I honestly don't think I've ever had a McRib. I likely never will, either, which is just as well. What if I really liked it? Then I'd just get pissed off when they took it away.

You really aren't missing much. I tried one once and it was really not that good. Now their Chicken Fajitas on the other hand, that's a McDonalds item I miss.