TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

Also, drove by a corner restaurant/deli in a fairly rural area yesterday. Don't remember the name, Country something-or-other. I do, however, remember the phone number: 1-877-SAUSAGE.

TaakaVodka.jpg

Don't ever subject yourself to that no matter how tempting the price is. I split a bottle of that with two girls and I didn't recover for days. Not hungover, actually sick, and it was a relatively small amount of vodka. It reminded me of Taka Michinoku, but with none of the enjoyment of Japanese wrestling.

They have Pomegranate 7-Up. It tastes great.

It says limited time only, and also has little snowflakes on the bottle, so this is a holiday thing? I don't associate pomegranates with the holidays, but that might be from some other culture. Then again... snowflakes, and I thought pomegranates were from warmer climates. IN ANY CASE...

It's delicious, and I'll probably stock up before it's gone, like I should have done with Pepsi Holiday Spice, which I also loved.

This new ad campaign where under appreciated moms team up to try and kill The King for making better food than them just seems a bit too creepy, even for King standards.

Yeah, it's easily the most morbid fast food ad campaign I've ever seen. Doesn't really make me want to eat Burger King. Well not anymore than I already did.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, fuck off and choke on a nugget. Tofurky is awesome. The sundried tomato and basil one is delicious.

I'd be more ashamed to eat fast food, personally. I hide my face when I go to Taco Bell, but FUCK I can actually get a good, filling veggie meal there for under 5 bucks.

Speaking of which, getting a double decker with rice instead of meat is DELICIOUS. Any PepsiCo restaurant's meat is abysmal, really, so it's especially good when the only one worth a shit tastes great vegetarianally (hey, there's a new word!) speaking.

Oh, fuck off and choke on a nugget. Tofurky is awesome. The sundried tomato and basil one is delicious.

I'd be more ashamed to eat fast food, personally. I hide my face when I go to Taco Bell, but FUCK I can actually get a good, filling veggie meal there for under 5 bucks.

Speaking of which, getting a double decker with rice instead of meat is DELICIOUS. Any PepsiCo restaurant's meat is abysmal, really, so it's especially good when the only one worth a shit tastes great vegetarianally (hey, there's a new word!) speaking.

Hey VX, ease off so far it's the one vegetarian meat substitute I haven't cared for. However, I'd probably give the Sundried tomato and basil a go.

Guest Vitamin X

Tofu in and of itself doesn't have any flavor. You need to add flavor for it in general when cooking it, regardless. That's part of the way you cook it.

Particularly when you're making a meat substitute, you put in the spices and all that to make it taste as close to the real thing as possible. Of course, one could argue that a real vegetarian should just stay away from meat products in general.

Tofu in and of itself doesn't have any flavor. You need to add flavor for it in general when cooking it, regardless. That's part of the way you cook it.

Really? Cause I've seen people eat it by itself. I guess that's like drinking water, but I'm sorry, food should be enjoyed.

I tried General Tsao tofu, it was ok.

Ironically, my favorite tofu item I've ever had was fried tofu nuggets which my dad made when I was a kid. Haven't had them in years and now I'm craving them. I hate it when stuff like this happens.

Guest Vitamin X

Really? Cause I've seen people eat it by itself. I guess that's like drinking water, but I'm sorry, food should be enjoyed.

I agree. I'd find it a little weird to just tear open a package, drain the water, and eat it. Like you said, drinking water.

Closest thing I do to that is when I make my version of ramen- I get the oriental kind (no meat stock, it has kind of a soy sauce flavoring to it) then cut up half a cube of tofu and add it at the same time I add the seasoning. It's actually a fairly nourishing meal.

When I have nothing in the house besides meat-flavored ramen (I stocked up months ago when I was broke and before I went pescatarian), I toss out the seasoning packet and instead of boiling water, I boil the ramen in two cups of vegetable broth and add tofu.

Highly recommended, even for meat eaters. Just use beef/chicken broth instead and toss in some grilled chicken cubes or whatever and you have a cheaply made, tasty chicken noodle soup.

They have Pomegranate 7-Up. It tastes great.

It says limited time only, and also has little snowflakes on the bottle, so this is a holiday thing? I don't associate pomegranates with the holidays, but that might be from some other culture. Then again... snowflakes, and I thought pomegranates were from warmer climates. IN ANY CASE...

It's delicious, and I'll probably stock up before it's gone, like I should have done with Pepsi Holiday Spice, which I also loved.

Pomegranates are usually only available fresh in the wintertime so that's probably why they are having it around for a limited time to correspond with the season of the fruit.

Also Clementine Tangerines _rule_ all other types of citrus.

Inventor of Gatorade dies at 80

By RON WORD, Associated Press Writer

20 minutes ago

Dr. Robert Cade, who invented Gatorade and sparked the multimillion dollar sports drink industry, died Tuesday of kidney failure. He was 80.

His death was announced by the University of Florida, where he and other researchers created Gatorade in 1965 to help the school's football players replace carbohydrates and electrolytes lost through sweat while playing in swamp-like heat.

A question from former Gator Coach Dwayne Douglas sparked their research, Cade said in a 2005 interview with The Associated Press. He asked, "Doctor, why don't football players wee-wee after a game."

"That question changed our lives," Cade said.

Cade's researchers determined a football player could lose up to 18 pounds during the three hours it takes to play a game. They also determined 90 to 95 percent of the weight loss was water. Plasma volume decreased by 7 percent and blood volume about 5 percent. Sodium and chloride were excreted in the sweat.

Using their research, and about $43 in supplies, they concocted a brew for players to drink while playing football.

"It sort of tasted like toilet bowl cleaner," said Dana Shires, one of the researchers who sampled the first batch.

"I guzzled it and I vomited," Cade said.

The researchers added some sugar and some lemon juice to improve the taste. It was first tested on freshmen because Coach Ray Graves didn't want to hurt the varsity team. Eventually, however, the use of the sports beverage spread to the Gators, who enjoyed a winning record and were known as a "second-half team" by outlasting opponents.

After the Gators beat Georgia Tech 27-12 in the Orange Park, Tech coach Bobby Dodd told reporters his team lost because, "We didn't have Gatorade ... that made the difference."

Gatorade sparked a $5.5 billion a year sports drink market and held 80 percent of the market in 2005, according to Beverage Digest. Current figures were not immediately available.

Cade said he was proud that Gatorade was based on research into what the body loses in exercise.

"The other sports drinks were created by marketing companies," he said.

Since its introduction, Cade said the formula changed very little. Sugar has replaced an artificial sweetener.

Instead of the original four flavors, there are now more than 30 available in the United States and more than 50 flavors available internationally. Gatorade is now sold in 80 countries. Since 1973, UF has received more than $110 million in royalties from Gatorade.

Stokely-Van Camp initially obtained the licensing rights for Gatorade and began marketing it as the "beverage of champions."

Cade said Stokely-Van Camp hated the name "Gatorade," believing it would was too parochial, but stuck with it after tests showed consumers liked the name.

The researcher thought the use of Gatorade would be limited to sports teams and never dreamed it would be purchased by regular consumers. Gatorade is now owned by PepsiCo Inc.

"I never thought about the commercial market," Cade said. "The financial success of this stuff really surprised us."

Cade worked until he was 76, retiring in November 2004 from the university, where he taught medicine, saw patients and conducted research.

"It's harder to get up every morning," he said in a 2003 interview.

In addition to medicine, Cade's other passions are Studebaker automobiles, the violin and his church.

Cade has restored more than 50 Studebakers, often entering them in restoration contests.

An accomplished violinist, he has played with the University of Florida orchestra and still plays at church and home.

In 1991, Cade was awarded the Lutheran Church's highest honor, the Wittenburg Award for his service to the church and community.

Born James Robert Cade in San Antonio on Sept. 26, 1927, Cade, a Navy veteran, graduated from the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He performed his internship at St. Louis City Hospital in Missouri and his residency at Parkland Medical Hospital in Dallas.

He served fellowships at Southwestern Medical School in Dallas and Cornell University Medical College in New York.

In 1961, Cade was appointed an assistant professor in internal medicine at UF.

His research included kidney disease, hypertension, exercise physiology, autism and schizophrenia.

Cade and his wife, Mary, had six children, Michael, Martha, Celia, Stephen, Emily and Phoebe.

I hope I don't sound like a dumbass but there isn't one consistantly good or even decent major fast food chain out there. I swear if you go to any of the major chains, at least 1 out of 3 times you go there, it'll suck.

A visit to a crappy Wendy's today for lunch sparked this comment. Wendy's is my favorite of the three big burger chains and yet at least 33.3% of the time I go there, it sucks. Go figure.

I went to Burger King today for lunch and I was telling my friend the exact same thing. In my opinion, when McDonalds, Burger King, or Wendy's are on, they are ON. However, it's so rare to have a burger made even almost perfect at one of the chains. Wendy's is the one that disappoints me the most because when they make a good burger, it's the best fast food burger. When the burger is overcooked or messed up, it's undoubtably the worst.

I went to Starbucks and had an egg nog latte today, and it made my stomach really sour and I ended up throwing up. That's a bummer, because I love egg nog, and I go to Starbucks more than any other consumables dealer, probably (just cause they're everywhere). I look forward to the egg nog latte all year (also the orange creme frappucino, but that's another story).

It won't stop me from getting it again, but the incident will be in the back of my mind when I do (at the very least, I won't get it at that particular Starbucks again).

I think this is the first time I've ever posted in this folder. Go me. Anyways, I've recently become completely addicted to this place in Chicago's south suburbs called the Galway Tribes. If anyone's ever in the area, I'd highly reccomend it.

http://www.thegalwaytribes.com

Their website doesn't have a beer list for some reason, but they have Dogfish Head 120 min., which is usually what I order. Unless I'm feeling like a bitch, and then I just get Allagash.

Another cool place is the Flossmoor Station.

I got some "seedless" clementines and nearly ever clementine I've eaten so far out of the batch has had seeds in it. Those misadvertising jerks!

Some of the Clementines have seeds. You just got a bad bunch or a Satsuma/Clemetine hybrid under the guise of a Clementine. Still even with seeds they are tasty as hell.

I went to Starbucks and had an egg nog latte today, and it made my stomach really sour and I ended up throwing up. That's a bummer, because I love egg nog, and I go to Starbucks more than any other consumables dealer, probably (just cause they're everywhere). I look forward to the egg nog latte all year (also the orange creme frappucino, but that's another story).

It won't stop me from getting it again, but the incident will be in the back of my mind when I do (at the very least, I won't get it at that particular Starbucks again).

Egg Nog lattes are indeed awesome, but all it takes is one bad carton to make your day a very bad one. It's actually the only specialty drink I ever get there.