TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reign

MiracleMan

I read that it's possible to download Moore and Geiman's MiracleMan run on the web someplace but I've yet to find it. Any ideas friends?

Yeah, I did this a while ago. Currently YouSending 1-5. There will be three zip files.

EDIT: It's just Moore's run. You can get Gaiman's on eMule, or just by them. They're only a few bucks a piece on eBay. The Moore run's fuckin' expensive, though. And a couple of these issues are just reprints of old-ass Miracleman stories.

Man thanks again SpecialK...it's so good to finally read some of what has to be the most sought after comic in history....and it's not for a first appearance or a number one either...it's purely the story that makes this such a great read. I am eagerly awaiting your next couple of issues....

Trust me... you ain't seen nothing until issue #15, maybe the greatest single comic book in history.

Part 2. Which, IIRC, contains some of the lame-ass reprint issues.

s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=36VPZEKZLAKM2116ZATFC5BQQ1

SpecialK has made me an adict...I may need treatment after this...I've been describing this to my friends who have never read comics and they wanna read this...and the child birth?! damn...I've been doing some research on this whole Miracleman story and found out so many interesting things...and Alan Moore...he even through Miracleman into a Marvel UK comic just to have him killed a year before Warrior...I will now have to read the Watchmen...after I finish gathering up the rest of Miracleman....and I can't wait for issue 15

Any thoughts on McFarlane's use of the "Man of Miracles" in his Spawn comic?

I'll that I have to say is wow....well i suppose there's more but if ever a comic could've been made into a great film this is it...i just can't say enough about how good this was...thanks again K

Fuck! I wish I'd known about this before the links went dead.

Of course, they can always be re-upped... but I won't put any pressure on you. ;)

Well, I WAS going to re-up it, but yousendit is being a bitch, it's changed. Any kind soul want to PM this guy some of that sweet MM action? If not, get on some message service, PM me, and I'll make it happen. Eventually. While you're twisting in the wind, read that X-Statix comic book I just put up. X-Force/X-Statix was so incredibly good.

I haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out.

Is there any connection between Miracleman and the old Captain Marvel serials? I remember reading that MM was based on Captain Marvel, but for all I know there are a hundred Captain Marvels. Anyway, those serials were awesome. Cheesy, of course, but awesome.

I believe he was originally known as Captain Marvel, and was pretty much a direct ripoff of "Shazam" Captain Marvel, or perhaps vice-versa. the "Shazam" people sued and won, and he changed his name to Marvelman. Then when Alan Moore revived the character (after a LONG absence) Marvel sued, even though the character predated Marvel comics. They won, and it had to be changed to Miracleman when it was issued in America.

As a result, Moore has never worked on Marvel Comics since then (or ever, IIRC) Yeah, I bet THAT was fucking worth it, huh, Marvel?

I haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out.

Is there any connection between Miracleman and the old Captain Marvel serials? I remember reading that MM was based on Captain Marvel, but for all I know there are a hundred Captain Marvels. Anyway, those serials were awesome. Cheesy, of course, but awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracleman