TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

South Park Season 10 starts tomorrow

The counselor dry-humping the doll... golden.

The kicker was Butters saying something like "My Uncle did something like that to me once". That poor fucking kid.

The episode really was unfunny until the over-the-top death scene, and that was more "I can't believe what I'm seeing" shock value than humor, as well. They had a pretty good ending, but it looked like they were scraping to fill the other 19 minutes. A disappointing opener.

You just don't like it because you're a member of the club.

Guest fanofcoils
Is your new hobby proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a bloody twat or something?

Jesus Christ.

You have the comprehension "skills" of two year old...a two year old without very good comprehension skills at all even.

The episode did drag after the first 5 or so minutes, however I never mentioned I couldn't understand it or pay attention to it. My comprehension skills never lack, I just don't usually pay attention to boring stuff because I don't like boring stuff. In the somewhat boring middle of the South Park episode I mostly paid attention to it and still understood the plot.

When I go to movies I take a chance that a movie can be boring or have a lot of boring scenes, and sometimes a movie is like this and sometimes it isn't. Only when a movie is that boring to me I don't pay attention but a lot of movies are not boring to me.

Guest Fook
spchefrelease2ao.gif

Chef crapping himself when he died was a great callback to the Walmart episode.

I'm not sure what I think of last night's episode. I liked it and thought it was well done, but didn't find it all that funny. There aren't that many lines or scenes that I will recall in the future.

However, it was a fitting end to the Chef character, and I thought Matt and Trey handled the whole thing really well.

I hate to be snobbish here, because I fucking hate people who talk this way about movies / TV shows, but in this case I will: if you didn't think that episode wasn't brilliantly funny, then you just didn't 'get it'. That episode was a goddamn masterful parody of Scientology, the controversy with Hayes, the controversy over the old Scientology episode being pulled, even a parody of past SP episodes. It was fantastic.

Guest fanofcoils

It was a parody of scientology? I didn't notice. Perhaps if I did notice it that part of it would be funny. This episode started out very strong but turned into a run of the mill episode or slightly above that. Either way it was a pretty paint by the numbers episode after the first five minutes. I thought because of the beginning, this episode was above average. I also liked the whale episode last season, that was one of the funnier ones that gets little to no credit.

fanofcoils: You should stop posting here.

Guest Princess Leena
I hate to be snobbish here, because I fucking hate people who talk this way about movies / TV shows, but in this case I will: if you didn't think that episode wasn't brilliantly funny, then you just didn't 'get it'. That episode was a goddamn masterful parody of Scientology, the controversy with Hayes, the controversy over the old Scientology episode being pulled, even a parody of past SP episodes. It was fantastic.

I did get it.

But, it was just wasn't funny. I get the Isaac Hayes controversy... but, I really don't care to see them dedicate an entire episode to send a "message" to Hayes. They already did a Scientology parody, amongst the many other religious parodies they've done. The molesting kids joke went on and on, and again was hardly original. But, that might be due to me catching up on most of the prior seasons, recently. It just seemed rehashed and dull.

The show is in it's 10th season, not it's 10th year. Kind of like the apprentice (and Idol) is in it's 5th season but only been on for 3-4 years.

Huh?

South Park debuted nine years ago (1997), therefore, its beginning its tenth year.

1997=1st year

1998=2nd year

1999=3rd year

2000=4th year

2001=5th year

2002=6th year

2003=7th year

2004=8th year

2005=9th year

2006=10th year

Was it just me or did a stick some out Chef's ass when he shit himself? I laughed because I thought that was a clever little item.

Guest El Satanico

It was funny, but I didn't like the episode until the speech at the funeral saved it for me.

Up to that point, it just seemed like a childish and petty attack on Isaac. Something like that jackass Vince McMahon would do.

Guest fanofcoils

It was a parody of scientology? I didn't notice. Perhaps if I did notice it that part of it would be funny.

:lol: You can't be serious.

I am serious, perhaps you didn't realize that not everyone knows about scientology, I only know a little about it but not enough that I grasped this aspect of the episode.

It was a parody of scientology? I didn't notice. Perhaps if I did notice it that part of it would be funny.

:lol: You can't be serious.

I am serious, perhaps you didn't realize that not everyone knows about scientology, I only know a little about it but not enough that I grasped this aspect of the episode.

fanofcoils should start slowing down on his posts and fade into the woodwork. He's not doing himself any favors with these comments.

Guest fanofcoils
Did you see the Scientology episode last season?

I did, it had charisma (= was good). It didn't teach much about scientology, mostly "made fun" of it.

I did, it had charisma (= was good). It didn't teach much about scientology, mostly "made fun" of it.

It told you everything about it. It went through the process of becoming a member, what they have to offer, it told you about the man that created it, it explaned e-meters and theten levels, it even spent a few minutes going over their sacred doctrine.

Guest fanofcoils

It told you everything about it. It went through the process of becoming a member, what they have to offer, it told you about the man that created it, it explaned e-meters and theten levels, it even spent a few minutes going over their sacred doctrine.

You are right. I didn't see the scientology connection in the latest episode last night when I watched it but I now see some connection ONLY in the repeating in the "this is what they really believe" joke.

I'm not suprised fanofcoils didn't like it much, I've yet to hear of a robot with a sense of humor...

Jesus fuck people, it was funny or it wasn't, don't pull all these tired cliche's out of your ass or try to break down the fundamental aspects of what makes something funny. Either you laughed or you didn't, and if you didn't, why do you assume anyone would care? Keep it to yourself so no one assumes your an uptight douche bag.

It was funny, but I didn't like the episode until the speech at the funeral saved it for me.

Up to that point, it just seemed like a childish and petty attack on Isaac. Something like that jackass Vince McMahon would do.

I pretty much agree, but the funeral speach just seemed like a cop out. I'd respect them a little more if they just went for a full out burial. If they wanted to take the high road,then they shouldn't have spent 90% of the episode shitting on the guy.

It was a parody of scientology? I didn't notice. Perhaps if I did notice it that part of it would be funny. This episode started out very strong but turned into a run of the mill episode or slightly above that. Either way it was a pretty paint by the numbers episode after the first five minutes. I thought because of the beginning, this episode was above average. I also liked the whale episode last season, that was one of the funnier ones that gets little to no credit.

^ This is what Super Adventure Club Members ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

Guest fanofcoils

I don't think it was making a joke that it was copying the scientology joke, I thought it was reusing the scientology joke about "this is what they really believe" to make a joke about it which was mildly funny.

You didn't get the "marlock/morlock(sp?)" other such references? About them "getting into their body" and etc?

I love the fact he was immortal from fucking children....until that train hit him.

Brilliant on too many levels.