Matt Hamill

Ross Pointon

Mike Nichols

Jesse Forbes

Noah Inhafer

Josh Haynes

Tait Fletcher

Michael Bisping

- A number of guys brought in to make the favorites look good (as in, some of these cats are Rafferty-bad) and/or to stir up trouble in the house, though a number of good fighters should make it to the semis.

One guy is deaf, another guy is from New Orleans and they are playing up the Katrina angle, theres a dude who they are building up as a Polish Count, there's Joe Rogans personal bodyguard, one guys son has (had?) brain cancer, one guy is from Yankton, theres a dude who looks like Chris Jericho, one guy trained elephants and owns a tattoo parlour, someone likes poetry and competes in spokenword competitions, there is a dude from Jordan, there is a black man named Solomon who studied in the fire sciences which is all sorts of cool, one guy is british with a 4-6 record, theres another team quest fighter (two of them in UF3), one guy is a roomie of Forrest Griffin, one guy is from Hicksville, and one guy is from Maui and is named Kendall.

Guest Brian

Ed Herman is going to fuck some shit up. And then he's going to challenge the lightheavies and stomp HOLES IN ALL OF THEM.

Ed Herman is going to fuck some shit up. And then he's going to challenge the lightheavies and stomp HOLES IN ALL OF THEM.

Misaki via side choke.

So who is the drunk, who is the troll, and did they all fight in King of the Cage?

Based on the links provided by Lei Tong...

- Rory "Version 2.5" Singer's our token wrestling fan.

- Kalib Starnes is your token Canadian.

- Noah Inhafer and Mike Nichols are your "two guys who have fought each other before"

- Michael Bisping is your token non-North American.

I suppose that Starnes, Bisping and Herman are all guys they want to see go far, but I'm often wrong on these sort of things.

Guest Brian

Bisping is one of those guys that UK guys clamor about, but I don't know how well he's been tested with the guys across the pond. He's 10-0 and finished everyone, which should be good.

Bisping is one of those guys that UK guys clamor about, but I don't know how well he's been tested with the guys across the pond. He's 10-0 and finished everyone, which should be good.

Bisping should murder the other scrubs in his division (and Ken for good measure if he breaks out the boot camp shenanigans), though he could possibly drop a shitty JD to someone.

Bisping should murder the other scrubs in his division (and Ken for good measure if he breaks out the boot camp shenanigans), though he could possibly drop a shitty JD to someone.

But can he take Tito?

How many of these fighters can hang with the trainers? Do it on a scale of: would win, can go to decision, can hang, would lose, would be absolutely murdered.

Guest Brian

I think Tito and Ken are two of the most overrated fighters in history, period. Ken has literally built a reputation off a draw against Royce Gracie. Tito over his career has never beaten a top fighter in his weight class, dodged Vitor and Chuck, and when he finally thought he had a challenger that he could beat, he got beat soundly by him (see sig). Not to mention his finishing ability.

Tito's not as overrated as Kenny, and he's beaten some tough guys. He's also shown the ability to adapt and evolve with the game, so I wouldn't give up on him just yet. Vitor and Matty were tough fights, and I think most would consider Wanderlei Silva a top 205'er.

I think Tito and Ken are two of the most overrated fighters in history, period.

Wrong and correct. Ken is an overrated POS. Tito was overrated for a while, but is now seen for what he is: a solid if unspectacular fighter who has to prove his worth again.

Tito over his career has never beaten a top fighter in his weight class, dodged Vitor and Chuck, and when he finally thought he had a challenger that he could beat, he got beat soundly by him (see sig).

- Matyushenko & Vitor were still roughly Top Ten when Tito beat them, and Wanderlei, Kondo, Mezger, Tanner and Silva were all roughly Top 20 when he beat them.

- Tito didn't duck Vitor. Vitor injured himself the first time the fight was set up by putting an arm through window, and the next time around Tito had his ACL torn by Phil Baroni in training.

-Couture also soundly defeated Chuck & Vitor, immediately before and after, respectively.

Not to mention his finishing ability.

- Tito's not a great finisher, but he's not a terrible, Arona/Matsune level one either. Even with his recent mediocre slide, he's still finishes two thirds of his fights, and put Kondo, Tanner & Sinosic away in a combined 5:54.

Seeing him beat the crap out of Guy Mezger in their second fight is awesome. He still should have won the first fight, but he proved who the better fighter was anyway.

Tito Ortiz will be back, Forrest is a top ten level fighter right now, and Tito will probably run through him.

Guest Brian

I think Tito and Ken are two of the most overrated fighters in history, period.

Wrng and correct. Ken is an overrated POS. Tito was overrated for a while, but is now seen for what he is: a solid if unspectacular fighter who has to prove his worth again.

He's solid, but he's not top-level like a lot of people seem to think, as they think the same of Ken. I cannot think of two other guys who get put up as such great competitors.

Tito over his career has never beaten a top fighter in his weight class, dodged Vitor and Chuck, and when he finally thought he had a challenger that he could beat, he got beat soundly by him (see sig).

- Matyushenko & Vitor were still roughly Top Ten when Tito beat them, and Wanderlei, Kondo, Mezger, Tanner and Silva were all roughly Top 20 when he beat them.

Matyushenko, yes (I looked over his record and realized I had forgotten this), but Vitor is an iffy candidate at top ten. You put Silva down twice, and two of the four are more natural 185'ers.

- Tito didn't duck Vitor. Vitor injured himself the first time the fight was set up by putting an arm through window, and the next time around Tito had his ACL torn by Phil Baroni in training.

Knew of the first, not of the second, and then Liddell steps into the picture.

-Couture also soundly defeated Chuck & Vitor, immediately before and after, respectively.

More of looking at him as coward and dodger who worked to get the fight he wanted and was sure he could win and then got spanked for it.

Not to mention his finishing ability.

- Tito's not a great finisher, but he's not a terrible, Arona/Matsune level one either. Even with his recent mediocre slide, he's still finishes two thirds of his fights, and put Kondo, Tanner & Sinosic away in a combined 5:54.

But those guys are all very outsized, and naturally 185ers. As for guys who are naturally at 205, Tito is not a finisher unless you are forty-year old pro-wrestler.

Matyushenko, yes (I looked over his record and realized I had forgotten this), but Vitor is an iffy candidate at top ten. You put Silva down twice, and two of the four are more natural 185'ers.

- Yes, Kondo & Tanner are both better at 185lbs, but outside of Silva, no one at 205lbs. was able to simply roll through Kondo as Tito did, and despite being chinny as hell, Tanner was still a Top 10 guy at both middlweight and lightheavyweight., so is hardly a slouch. Vitor, like him or not, was widely considered Top 10 until Tito beat him (in what was something of a 10 spot match), and actually came out guns blazing, which many people thought would mean a brutal loss for Tito.

those guys are all very outsized, and naturally 185ers. As for guys who are naturally at 205, Tito is not a finisher unless you are forty-year old pro-wrestler.

Eh. Again, Kondo (and Elvis, for that matter) is not easily stopped. I think he has about as much finishing ability and Minotoro, Nakamura or Lambert, and more than Arona.

Again, I disagree that Tito is overrated at the moment. He was a former Top 3 level guy who's now struggling to stay relevant in an important match with Forrest.

Guest Brian

Just to finish things up, I thought there were about two points in their fight where Vitor should have legitimately finished Tito, but just didn't have whatever it took to get it done. Vitor still has the power and speed to beat the guys but his spirits been broken far too many times for him to do it.

Vitor's problem in that fight had more to do with having no real gameplan except "PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!" and having a notoriously questionable gas tank.