TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lei Tong

TUF 3: The Thread

Guest Brian

I did. I've been mixing up Herman and Horwich all week since I watched Strikeforce for some reason. I keep looking for a loss to Ebersole in Herman's record and wondering why it wasn't there. Mesmorized by those golden locks I guess.

Well, aside from Tito being more personable, these guys Ken's trained over the years seem to exist merely for him to push around and use to inflate his ego.

Thus far, Ken's team lacks:

- submission training

- Muay Thai training

- a hands on head coach

But hey, they do have a bodybuilding coach who doesn't take weight cutting into consideration.

So no more challenges?

Well apparently they were only allowed to pick 2 coaches.

I could see a weight guy if

A. They were training these guys for 6 months to a year...not 2.

B. You could have like 5 coaches.

But you HAVE to have a grappling coach of some sort.

Tito's team has THREE coaches to Shamrocks like 1/2 a coach. It's gonna be brutal :P

EDIT: I mean some of these guys might just be plain better, but in such a short time period and with mostly novices, aren't they the type of people who will benefit MOST from hands on coaching. Some of these dudes don't even know BASICS of certain techniques.

Thus far, Ken's team lacks:

- submission training

- Muay Thai training

- a hands on head coach

But hey, they do have a bodybuilding coach who does take weight cutting into consideration.

Ken can teach them how to cut a promo and build muscle mass.

At least it wasn't two guys standing around doing nothing like a lot of the HW fights from last season.

How is it they can't find 16 or so guys with at least decent MMA abilities. A pure boxer just isn't going to cut it and they know it. He threw one punch - that was his entire fight.

At least it wasn't two guys standing around doing nothing like a lot of the HW fights from last season.

How is it they can't find 16 or so guys with at least decent MMA abilities. A pure boxer just isn't going to cut it and they know it. He threw one punch - that was his entire fight.

Drug Testing.

I was half-way paying attention when Dana was explaining it, but now Kalib gets a free pass right to the semis? It looks like they still haven't gotten it right. Maybe a tournament or a pool system would be better, but, whatever UFC.

So Kalib wins $5,000 and is in the final four in his weight class for 10 seconds worth of effort. I guarantee that causes some resentment with his teammates who really wanted to fight, especially if one of them ends up barely eking out a decision in a war.

I was half-way paying attention when Dana was explaining it, but now Kalib gets a free pass right to the semis? It looks like they still haven't gotten it right. Maybe a tournament or a pool system would be better, but, whatever UFC.

...There are only 8 fighters per weight class. The semi finals would be the second round of an 8 person tournament, so I don't know why you're complaining.

WHY THE FUCK DID THAT BOXER PULL GUARD?

Ken's coaching methods are... interesting. He even admitted he only knows leglocks and brawling. No wonder he loses all the time. He'll probably teach them how to throw girly Pancrase slaps next week.

It seems like 90% of the people they got this season are either (a)jerks or (b)fratboys. I'm rooting for the deaf guy for obvious reasons, he actually seems like he's there to learn/win, not get drunk and bitch.

Ken's coaching methods are... interesting. He even admitted he only knows leglocks and brawling. No wonder he loses all the time. He'll probably teach them how to throw girly Pancrase slaps next week.

It seems like 90% of the people they got this season are either (a)jerks or (b)fratboys. I'm rooting for the deaf guy for obvious reasons, he actually seems like he's there to learn/win, not get drunk and bitch.

I thought it was cool as hell that Tito picked him. I think he realizes that the kid will benefit the most from his hands on training...plus he must have SOME type of potential.

Gooooood stuff.

- Tito came off well in contrast to Shamrock who looked like a goof. I doubt Shammy's coaching had anything to do with Kalib's win. Rep Surrey, son. The leaf hair is hot.

- I think it was Rudo tonight who said that Kristian could play Gambit very well.

- The fucking Limey's steal the show.

- I'm looking forward to seeing Ed unleash his pent-up rage.

- Dig the "Nobody doesn't fight" rule.

- I can't not pick the deaf guy just because.