TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lei Tong

TUF 3: The Thread

That's the thing I don't get. I'm 265 right now and 6'4". If I lost the fat and built muscle wouldn't I just weigh MORE than I do right now? So how do guys like Forrest and Stephan do it? I have literally the exact same frame and bone structure as those guys.

1st question: Yes, you probably would

2nd question: I think that it's all about what sport you train for. I would think that training for MMA is more akin to the regimen of a decathlete than, say, a football player. You're building the smaller muscles in addition to the large ones, while a football player would me more apt to concentrate on thighs, chest, shoulders and upper arm - the areas used most in the sport.

That being said, I wouldn't call that a hard and fast rule, since most fighters that have a wrestling background are generally huge for their size.

Yeah I still don't get how Forrest can be 205 while I'll probably never be below 225 or 230 unless I was just bone thin and lanky. We have the same body type.

I just watched the episodes that were on Spike TV and good god I didn't realize how sad the scene with Hammil coming back was the first time I watched it. I genuinely felt really bad for the guy and the looks on everone else's faces(especially bispings) made it even worse.

Yeah I still don't get how Forrest can be 205 while I'll probably never be below 225 or 230 unless I was just bone thin and lanky. We have the same body type.

Well, according to this interview with Rory Singer Forrest was a triathlete before getting into MMA, so he would've already built up a lot of lean muscle mass.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how many fights are there on tomorrow night's show... the two finals and the main event? Or are there others? I just started watching about 3 weeks ago so I'm a little behind.

Dama, you're not a pro athlete, just face it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: boy you sure like to kill somebodys dreams.

For all we know he can be the next Jason Thacker, :lol: :lol:

What's the fourth fight that will be shown? Anyone know?

The Jardine fight.

Too bad, I really want to see Solomon Vs. Luigi, Rory Vs. Ross, and Jesse Vs. Matt.

Luigi came in like 1.5 pound over weight, Solomon still agreed to fight him. GO SOLOMON GO!

Guest JustPassinBy

I'm just catching up on the marathon today.

I think Matt and Bisping are the most likeable guys on the show.

I agree with the comment earlier that these two are the money fight for a PPV.

Matt's got a great story, is marketable, and really is pretty bad ass (he'd rather break his own arm than tap, which is how he got hurt).

Bisping is another guy that has charisma, is marketable, and seems respectable.

Mike Nickels beat Wes Combs by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) RD1 3:10

Matt Hamill beat Jesse Forbes by TKO RD1 4:47

Luigi Fioravanti beat Solomon Hutcherson by KO RD1 4:15

Kalib Starnes beat Danny Abaddi by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) RD1 2:56

Rory Singer beat Ross Pointon by Submission (Triangle Choke) RD1 0:44