TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Im going to need some advice..

Guest Princess Leena
Leena baked?!

I know... but I can in rare situations. With explicit instructions on what to do.

2) Lets just say I am REALLY regretting not going with her on Saturday as based on her email.

Oy... I give up with you.

I guess on the issue of baking a cake for, when it all comes to it - a bonafide stranger - is that, to me at least, baking a cake for a relative unknown like that smells, hell it REEKS, of despiration and/or just general weirdness (I'm just being honest here). I'm sure you a great baker and whatnot, but thats something to turn a girl onto AFTER you are dating, hanging out, etc. Just tell her you are a good cook via conversation, get her interested, spend some time with her, and THEN wow her with it.

Second thing is dont hold regret over some dumb shit such as this. If she's using that you didnt hang out with her, with her friends mind you, as an excuse to diss on you, well then you should realize she's probably not worth your time if she is that petty about it all. Bitches like that dont deserve yours or anyone elses time if they are going to pull tactless cards out of the deck such as that. Now if she said she wanted you to go with her friends because she didnt feel comfortable with you alone, you need to understand that is a legitimate excuse that should tell you, "Ok I was probably freakign this girl out for whatever reason (*cough*hebakedmeafuckingcheesecakeandhedoesntevenknowme*cough*)" and just accept that and LEARN from it in your future online hookup attempts. Dont do it anymore!

To be perfectly frank, I'd stray away from online meeting up scenarios or interaction with online people you have visions of hanging out with at a future date as it seems to be pretty awkward enough as is and hard for you to deal with anyway - I think you need to start moving ahead towards meeting people outside of an online relationship, it will help you ALOT long term. More times than not meeting someone online - its awkward as all fuck and you can fall into a very false direction of thinking one person is one way when they are actually a totally different (sometimes opposite) way. Just speaking from my experiences in the past as when I was in college, I met a gripload of women this way, hell I even went out with a few of them. But thats not to say meeting a chick from online wont work (its been hit or miss for me), but the odds seems to be worse than if you just met a girl via some more "natural" means. But then again sometimes its easier to get laid by meeting someone online from you area versus just randomly going up to a girl and wanting some action, so what do I know. Depends what YOU want - do you just want to get laid? Another thing, when/if you do get some fun in the sack, I think your lack of confidence will subside ALOT. So keep that in mind. But the problem is no chick is going to want to fuck you with the way you are handling yourself at the moment.

What I think you really need to go is just really work on building yourself up more, as even on a silly message board here your lack of self confidence is clearly obvious. Dude, its bad - really bad. Until you can help yourself out more, you can't really help anyone else and why would a girl be attracted to a guy who seems very self loathing, desperate for affection, and just generally is a push-over? Find some other interesting hobbies that help build yourself up more, maybe working out (good way to meet others by the way if you sign up to a gym or something), taking up a unique sport (even if its something as goofy as frisbee golf, etc), or whatever. I hate to be so straight up and brutally honest about it, but you really should take a look at these situations and learn from them in a sense that you need to change up your habits of you how deal (or dont deal?) with the opposite sex. Seriously.

Guest Princess Leena

I think he's just said he doesn't just want to get laid.

But, with Marvin's case... he desperately needs something to boost his confidence. And he's completely incapable of having a relationship... unless it's some fat bitch who will enjoy stomping all over his pussy ass. And you don't want that, Marv.

Seriously, go to some bar. Talk to some girls. One of them will talk to you for a while, at the very least. You'll gain confidence. Go from there.

Why do so many guys let women be the driving force behind their life? How pathetic. Some men have walked on the moon for fucks sake.

Why do so many guys let women be the driving force behind their life? How pathetic. Some men have walked on a soundstage that is supposed to be the moon for fucks sake.

Edited for accuracy.

Marvin --

Have you thought about throwing her through a plate glass window?

Guest Princess Leena

Marvin, you work at a hospital, correct?

There's got to be some younger nurses there you could at least be friends with.

And most of the nursing students I knew in ghetto school were quite promiscuous, as well.

Marvin, you work at a hospital, correct?

There's got to be some younger nurses there you could at least be friends with.

And most of the nursing students I knew in ghetto school were quite promiscuous, as well.

Meh, I guess its technically a hospital but its more like a Rehabiliation Center. Theres a few nurses that are possibly my age, but most of the nursing staff is in their late 30's and older.

Look, don't worry about that.

Learn to swallow a beer or two, or a G&T, or something else. There are drinks you could enjoy, there are for everyone.

Go to a bar, talk to girls, get shot down. Do it again. Do it again. Find a girl who doesn't shoot you down. Talk to her. Get her number. Find out she won't call you again. Go back out. Get shot down. Find another girl who will talk to you. Talk a lot. Dance with her. Do stuff with her. You know where this is going.

It's just that easy. You don't need anymore advice. Oh, here's some advice. Try and have some fun while you're at it.

When you're at the bar and the band is playing a song you like, sing along. When they're playing a song you like at the bar, dance, even if you feel silly. Meet some new guys, make a friend, even if just for one night.

This is LIFE Marvin. This is life passing you by, every second. If you are happy doing what you're doing, then you're doing it right. If you, however, feel like something is lacking, then go out and get it.

I mean fuck.

How old is this thread? How many girls have you gotten since it started?

And want to guess how many other posters have had casual action?

I don't want to get into specifics. But some of us are having fun. I mean hasn't it been months?

Well I first posted in the Virgin thread on Feb. 13th..so thats what, 3 months almost.

I pretty much still believe this:

I can point directly to the cause and its the fact that I look like Im dying from Cancer or something just as worse. Having almost no hair (in this case no hair on my head, no eyebrows and half of my eyelashes gone for the last 7 years, never to return again) which is caused by a genetic defect caused Alopecia. I can blame the deep ingrained desire of humans to want to partner up with people who are healthy and not looking like they are going to turn and drop dead at any moment.

I did say I wasn't going to post my pic, but I guess I was off on that. One of the whole reasons why I went with online dating is because I thought it would be easier to strike up conversations and avoid the whole first impression of being 1 foot in the grave already, which sad enough these days is also close to how I feel anyway so theres not much difference. And at first when people would actually be interested even after they saw my photo, it was great because I thought Id found something that would work for me, but early on everyone I met turned out to be completely different that what they had described themselves to be. Now Im realizing that even if I find a decent person which pretty much is just what happened, I just cant turn around 12+ years of being the complete Anti-Social dolt that I was even before I lost all my hair.

And the whole "Get a little alcohol in you" thing to me is pointless since I'd pretty much need to be drunk 24/7 in order to keep anything going.

So anyway, Im to the point now where all my paid stuff is up and Im not going to spend any more money on it, so that pretty much ends my adventures in online dating. Im shifting my focus now to getting a new car, as my current piece of crap is just about on its last life. Im telling myself that I suddenly believe in Zen and that "you only will find something when you stop looking for it" since you can become easily obsessed with just the searching part to the point where actually finding what you wanted becomes secondary..which was sort of what was happening to me. But I doubt that will actually happen.

*turns off lights, locks door, and slides key under the door*

That's it, I'm gone.

This thread has your answers, if you'll accept them.

I hope you people realize that "moot" is a actually a legal term that means to discuss or debate.

Whuh-oh, someone's getting high-handed with the dictionary. We'll see about this...

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/moot

Main Entry: 1moot

Pronunciation: 'müt

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English mOt, gemOt; akin to Middle High German muoze meeting

1 : a deliberative assembly primarily for the administration of justice; especially : one held by the freemen of an Anglo-Saxon community

2 obsolete : ARGUMENT, DISCUSSION

Sounds good. But, HOLD ON HERE...if we click on the adjective form of "moot," we get:

Main Entry: 3moot

Function: adjective

1 a : open to question : DEBATABLE b : subjected to discussion : DISPUTED

2 : deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic

Hey, wait, what was that last part?

2 : deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic

Well, I can't believe it. A word has multiple meanings! That's just amazing. Who would have thunk it?

:)

Yeah he just doesnt get it....

Dude, it doesnt matter what you look like, you aren't mentally or physically handicapped or anything like that for fucks sakes, so stop thinking no chick is going to go for you. Looks are secondary if you have a confident attitude and a personality that makes a chick want to know more about you. I mean, fuck, how many guys do you see who aint nothing to look at have chicks who are actually pretty hot? Its because they have confidence in themselves and WOMEN LIKE THAT. Call it that they offset their shit looks in other ways or whatever. Bottom line is that they have something to offer a woman - at this point I dont think you do with all of this fucking self loathing shit. Using your excuse that you arent good looking enough for someone is saying that all women are then, by that token, shallow and wont even give someone the time of day because of such. Well, here's my point - YOU DONT WANT A CHICK LIKE THAT ANYWAY. They arent all like that. The ones that are, well why bother with them if all they care about it looks. You're obviously looking for someone more than that, correct?

You're using the way you look as just another reason to bring yourself down and that thought process needs to stop. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and fucking turn the page, man. I think you need to see a councelor or something if all the shit we've all said to you here hasnt sinked in. Its clear is hasnt as you still have this mentality of "Well I just can't change after being twelve years of a social recluse." Umm YES YOU CAN. But it starts with meeting people other than online as that just supports your mentality, for starters. Plus an opinion of yourself that is much more stronger than you have now. Seriously man, find some new outlets to meet new people - gym, bar scene, sports, etc, etc. Just fucking do it! Being bald and whatever does not project to women that you are "sick" or dying of cancer or some nonsense. Thats YOU thinking that. Dont get it twisted!

Its really sad, more than anything, that you still think this girl who apparently blew you off via email or whatever is something you are still hanging on, that she was "a decent person" etc, etc. From what the situation sounded like, it didnt seem to be that case in reality. Move on dude, MOVE ON.

I'm finished trying to get this in your head, its turning into pointless fodder basically.

Well he did say the looks thing was a red herring.

Just practice talking to people. Not in a dating way and not even jus women. Just practice striking up small conversations with some food service worker, starbucks chick, the mailman, etc.

Why do you want a girl anyways? Why are you doing online dating? People are giving advice for him to meet new people; maybe he'll meet a thousand girls and date all of them. Will he be happy then? If you find that "decent person"...so what? Will you be content? If so, go meet as many people as you can.

You said you look like you're dying from cancer....who gives a shit?

Being bald and whatever does not project to women that you are "sick" or dying of cancer or some nonsense. Thats YOU thinking that. Dont get it twisted!

So I guess Im imagining people asking me "are you on chemo?" repeatedly...? Cause I get that an awful lot and I keep swearing up and down the next time Im asked Im gonna say "yes" just to break up the boringness of trying to explain what I have that no one has ever aparently heard of.

Guest Felonies!

If it's alopecia, I thought lots of people have heard of that. I know I have.

If it's alopecia, I thought lots of people have heard of that. I know I have.

What I have is the worst form of Alopecia called Alopecia Universalis and its the least common form. Just regular alopecia, where you get a bald spot on your head is the most common, the rate I think I read is about 1 in 200 people.

Guest Princess Leena

Dudes who willingly shave their head get the "are you on cancer?" comments.

Stop making excuses.

If I took to heart any of the zillion insults made about me, I'd never talk to anyone in my life.

Look man, your affliction was the BUTT of a joke on an all too early canceled Fox tv show!

He can't even grow his own hair?

COME ON!!!

Angle-plex, the only reason we're trying to help him get a girl is because he asked for advice.

He never told us, at first, that he didn't intend on TAKING it.

*does Chicken Dance*