TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Friday was a pretty eventful day on ATH if anyone cares. First Mariotti broke the all time scoring record, then Reali and Woody made him look like an ass by Woody getting his 200th win before Jay. Good times.

I doubt anybody watched Mike and Mike today but one moment today was great. Dickie V was on talking his usual bullshit with Eric and Stink. Anyways, Dick goes off about Brady Quinn and how all these teams would regret not signing him. The look on Stink face was like "you got to be shitting me." It was great TV. You could tell Stink wanted to just take him out.

Mark Schlereth...I believe the story was that he pissed himself during games when he was playing for Denver.

Is it me or does anyone feel like ESPN doctors the comments sections? Like on the front page, they post a comment from a user that I feel like half the time is completely fabricated and made up for show by a mod or an employee of ESPN... I find it funny.

The comment section on ESPN is the worse thing in the history of existance. Seeing as 99% of the people posting comments are fucking idiots, I highly doubt that front page quote is from any of them.

I doubt anybody watched Mike and Mike today but one moment today was great. Dickie V was on talking his usual bullshit with Eric and Stink. Anyways, Dick goes off about Brady Quinn and how all these teams would regret not signing him. The look on Stink face was like "you got to be shitting me." It was great TV. You could tell Stink wanted to just take him out.

Bet Dickie V got off a few points about how Quinn "gets it" and is a great kid from a great family right?

See my post eariler about how its stuff like that from Vitale that gets to me in the whole vein of "should we be looking at athletes as role models?" since Vitale only knows the public Quinn.

Bet Dickie V got off a few points about how Quinn "gets it" and is a great kid from a great family right?

See my post eariler about how its stuff like that from Vitale that gets to me in the whole vein of "should we be looking at athletes as role models?" since Vitale only knows the public Quinn.

I wonder what would happen if someone showed Vitale this:

bradyquinn.jpg

By the way, why did Dan Patrick leave? I could never find out the reasons behind his departure.... its a shame because I liked listening to him and Olbermann. Keith was the only one who could keep him in check.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

What doesn't suck: best of the Drum Corps International finals on ESPN2. Please don't judge the activity by the obvious faggotry. Once you get past that, it's cool stuff. Harsh criticism, I know, but it's a shame how many people have died from AIDS in drum corps.

I'm beginning to get a feel for where Czech fit in at school, and it's somewhere near the first chair.

EDIT: That was a symphony joke, not a "first row of desks" joke. Just wanted to make that clear.

What doesn't suck: best of the Drum Corps International finals on ESPN2. Please don't judge the activity by the obvious faggotry. Once you get past that, it's cool stuff. Harsh criticism, I know, but it's a shame how many people have died from AIDS in drum corps.

Well then they need to be less faggoty right?

I'm at a loss of words about this:

BRISTOL DUMBS IT DOWN EVEN MORE

Speaking of ESPN, one of the primary criticisms of the self-styled Worldwide Leader in Sports is that too much of the programming is geared toward the least common denominator and/or 10-year-old boys.

Providing further fodder for such complaints is the Sunday NFL Countdown show, which according to an ESPN press release will now feature a segment from . . . a 10-year-old boy.

Jason Krause, a kid from Chicago who is the same age Florio Jr., will provide weekly commentary on various subjects. Given that the kid's first installment will include opinions about the "long-awaited" Lions-Raiders game and Jon Kitna's 10-wins-or-more guarantee for Motown, we get the impression that Bristol is aiming for a pint-sized Frank Caliendo routine, with some of Jimmy Kimmel's backup writers cranking out wisecracks for a perky child actor to fire off on cue.

Here's hoping that the kid's catch phrase becomes, "What you talkin' 'bout, Emmitt? . . . No, really, Emmitt. What in the hell are you talking about?"

Seriously, what the fuck Bristol?

Well it's the same company where the head Fantasy football guy still has a job after his dog shit all over the place in Bristol. Nothing shocks me anymore.

I think the guys at FJM can put this into words better than I can:

SportsCenter, earlier today. John Anderson's got Sean Salisbury by his side to answer some questions about football, in a framework having something to do with a 6-pack of beer. The topic: QB predictions for the upcoming NFL season. At the end, John Anderson thanks Sean Salisbury as anybody would...with a weird Johnny Carson homage:

"We asked you [sean] to talk in the future; I'm going to show you I'm a bit of a Carnac myself."

[Anderson holds piece of paper up to his forehead]

"Skinned knee; Veruca from Willa Wonka; former USC playmaker."

[Anderson tears paper and then blows on it, which is weird because it's just a piece of paper and not an envelope.]

"Strawberry; blueberry; Salisbury."

Ka-blurm.

But guess what?

VERUCA WASN'T THE ONE WHO TURNED INTO A BLUEBERRY IT WAS VIOLET BEAUREGARDE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THERE'S EVEN A FAMOUS LINE WHERE VIOLET'S DAD GOES "VIOLET, YOU'RE TURNING VIOLET VIOLET" VERUCA WAS THE SNOBBY ONE WHO WENT DOWN THE "BAD EGG" HATCH COME ON ANDERSON THIS IS DAY ONE WONKA SHIT DON'T PULL CARNAC OUT OF YOUR ASS IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR FUCKING WONKSTONE ALSO IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE A "BERRY" REF FROM WILLY WONKA WHY WOULDN'T YOU USE "SNOZZBERRY" UGGGH ANDERSON YOU'RE FUCKING KILLING ME

I feel like 4% better now.

I have to admit, that bit they just played on NFL Countdown about the Seahawks using a Slip 'n Slide to help quarterbacks learn how to slide was actually kinda funny.

Kenny Mayne: "So, do you think the Sit and Spin is helping?"

Shaun Alexander: "...helping with what?"

I can't beileve they really have a 10 year old on NFL countdown. Although ESPN's Countdown show absolutley smokes FOX's. And I agree Keyshawn>Irvin.